Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Like Killing Sims?

123457...Next

Comments

• loonatheworldloonatheworld Posts: 22 Member
    Never I love my Sims too much
    If it is part of a plot I'm playing through, sure! But otherwise, no, not really. I never got the fun in just... murdering sims randomly. I always get a little weirded out by people who are so enthusiastic about torturing their sims, honestly!
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Only in challenges
    I've always loved killing Sims! >:)

The first Sim I killed in The Sims 4 was a pizza delivery guy. He took so long to deliver some pizza to one of my Sims that when he finally arrived at her house, it was morning (she ordered it the previous night) and she'd passed out on the floor, because I kept her awake all night so she wouldn't miss getting the pizza once it arrived. As punishment for making my Sim both very hungry and tired, I locked him in the bathroom until he starved to death, and I haven't ordered any pizza since.

That's one of the only deaths I've caused in the game where I felt it was somewhat justified - almost all of the others have either been for story purposes, or simply because I felt like it. I've enjoyed every single one of them!

I find that a very reasonable reason to kill an NPC lol :lol:
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Of course all the time
    Yes. But what may be better than killing them is when something nutso happens, like an asteroid falling out of the sky and leveling a park. I would buy a pack for Sims 4 that had disasters like that.
    Only in challenges
    Felicity wrote: »
    Yes. But what may be better than killing them is when something nutso happens, like an asteroid falling out of the sky and leveling a park. I would buy a pack for Sims 4 that had disasters like that.

I loved that feature in Sims 3 lol. Sometimes you find a new planet, sometimes an asteroid finds you :weary:
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    Occasionally but usually NPCs
    Depends on the character I make and what happens in the game. But if I do kill a sim it is almost always a random townie, I get attached to the other sims :D

I made one character who was going to kill everyone who was mean to him or became his enemy (in other words the like bar had some red in it). Unfortunately everyone in the Sims 4 just gets along way to well. I cant count the number of times I've seen two sims meet each other, yell at each other, then immateriality laugh, tell jokes, and hug each other. I don't want all the sims to be jerks, it would just be nice if that was a possibility though.

Here is one character I made a long time ago solely for the purpose of being a murderess. She was fun to play for awhile, I may have to bring a new version of her back. https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/14199470#Comment_14199470
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Only in challenges
    Not really for challenges but if there is a story I am playing that needs a sim to die I will. I don't like to though, especially if it's one I made, even if it's for the purpose of killing them later.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    It takes me a long time to design sims in CAS, so I don't want them to die when they get finally released in the game and live their lives (nope, they're not even allowed to die of old age). Sims I don't want like premade townies generated by the game get deleted, but I guess that doesn't count as actually killing them off ingame. The only exception may be when I want a certain ghost sim - I'd have to create a sim in CAS and then deliberately kill them off to make them a ghost (haven't done that yet). I do occasionally feed sims to cowplants. This used have a reasonable chance to get them killed in the sims 3, but so far that cowplant in the sim 4 keeps spitting my sims back out every time.
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Zimz4 I'm coming back to the Sims after a long break so things might have changed. But with the cowplant I never had it kill a sim on the first try. It would spit them out, and then could be milked for some type of mood essence (whatever the sim was feeling when they got eaten). If the sim got eaten a second time, which could take awhile, they always died and then the plant could be milked for essence of life.

EDIT: But like you and others have said, I could never kill a sim I created lol
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Of course all the time
    All the time, I am an evil god :D

Buuut death in my saves is more like a revolving door than a one-way destination, dead sims come back to life all the time like Mortal Kombat because as much as I LOVE killing sims, I don't like the thought of them staying dead, if that makes sense? Like, maybe I'm in a bad mood or annoyed with a sim's behavior so I kill them, but then I think "wait I like that sim" and POOF, back in the realm of the living! I am a fickle god, lmao
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Only in challenges
    Apocalypse challenge, survivor challenge, etc, usually results in some dead sims. But I get attached pretty quick so usually I just move them out before they die. Or I play the bachelorette style challenge now.

Other than that, I’ll kill someone off if it suits their character to be a ghost in my little world.
    Only in challenges
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    Only time i killed my sims it was because i was playing some teen challenge in the sims 3 and needed to kill the adult in order to get the teens alone. Also for the hunger games challenge.

Love the hunger games challenge. Do you do anything to customize it?
  • CoffeecrumblecakeCoffeecrumblecake Posts: 6,549 Member
    Of course all the time
    [quote="DoodlyDoofus;c-17340053"]Usually Sims that I just don't like. Downloaded a few mods that allow you to kill other Sims just in case I get that university dorm mate who picks fights with everyone. Or neighbors who constantly make noise late at night but then complain about you because you invited your family over and it's 10PM.[/quote]

Omg I hate when that happens!! That's the only drawback to living in apartments in San Myshuno!
    Myself, I kill my sims occasionally (but since that wasn't an option I picked all the time). The problem is it's sometimes harder than you think. My sim had that terrible reward trait from one of the athletic aspirations that made it harder to kill him, so I wanted to see what it took. Pufferfish Nigiri under the most uncomfortable moodlet only made him want to throw up. He would not become Hysterical, no matter how many jokes or pranks. Finally, I decided to just do the classic lock-him-in-an-empty room scenario and that did the trick.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Of course all the time
    Usually Sims that I just don't like. Downloaded a few mods that allow you to kill other Sims just in case I get that university dorm mate who picks fights with everyone. Or neighbors who constantly make noise late at night but then complain about you because you invited your family over and it's 10PM.

...but walk into your apartment are rude lazy. trash the place and a real creeper going into your kid's bedroom and who knows what they are looking at on your kid's computer, they are woohooing at all hours but spiteful because your sim brought their significant other back for a nightcap... and this is why I hate Salim Benali. He is on my list of most hated sims.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Only in challenges
    I voted to only in challenge but actually, I killed only 2 times for 5 year sims 4 play. I don't like to kill even randomly generated NPCs.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Only in challenges
    I've never killed a sim and have no plans to ever do so.

In my case, completing my sim's grilled cheese aspiration, I've done it just once. T,T

• MisslizardMisslizard Posts: 162 Member
    Of course all the time
    Absolutely love it, I have my favourites and If they die even from natural old age in the game my heart cries a little like Bella Goth and Don Lothario because they are in my mind Genetic lottery together they create the most beautiful babies. I happily leave Vlad out in the sun hehe. Mortimer always gets into 'accidents' with electricity and a few others mostly NPC's, if their annoying my sims and they are not important in my game play.....bye bye!
    Only in challenges
    *Looks longingly at the Murphy bed*

*Gives sidelong glance at Eliza Pancakes*

“Eliza dear, will you stand here and press the down button on the remote in your pocket?” 😈

We all really don't like Eliza lolll :joy:
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Other - I rarely play any Sims throught to death stage or have reason to actually end their lives. If they are obstructing something I'm trying to achieve I normally just remove them from the game outright.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Of course all the time
    I haven't recently but it is still fun. I love the iconic walled in pool.
  • SimmerJulesSimmerJules Posts: 5 New Member
    Sometimes not often though because I get so sad when they die 😥
  • SimmerJulesSimmerJules Posts: 5 New Member
    Sometimes not often though because I get so sad when they die 😥
  • kayen_keagenkayen_keagen Posts: 53 Member
    Of course all the time
    I chose the first one. I don’t enjoy it. But life goes on. I let them die naturally. It’s time to move on.
    Only in challenges
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    I've never killed a sim and have no plans to ever do so.

In my case, completing my sim's grilled cheese aspiration, I've done it just once. T,T

What even is the grilled cheese aspiration lol?
  • Mistress_LuxaMistress_Luxa Posts: 62 Member
    I feel like a monster if I kill sims tbh
    funny-cat-gif-2.gif
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    When it fits the story... like an Evil Paranoid Sim with his secret basement dungeon....
    03-30-20-6-41-51-PM.png