Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homeschooling for kids and teens

I wish kids and teens had the option to study at home. That way they might have more time to spend with friends and family, build skills, and just enjoy being a kid/teen instead of having a chunk of each weekday taken up by school. I like that they can makes friends at school, but it lowers their performance. They don't even learn skills while there. I want my kids and teens to have more free time.

Comments

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Kawaii Stacie has a mod that allows you to have you sims homeschooled. I still haven't tried it though I've had it in my game for a while now.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    One, or both of the parents would have to do the homeschooling. Or maybe the nanny? Or a hired tutor?
    I do like this, but would come as a trade-off to the adults.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I never missed this option, but I would think that you could hold the kid back from school a couple days every week without really affecting their grades negatively? Their Principal will call, but it can easily be ignored, oor you could see it as something involved with the routine. But if doing so, the kid would probably need to stay on top of homework and projects etc, not only spending more time with friends ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    This is one of the top things on my wish list. There are so many storylines - living in medieval times, or a family living on 'permanent' vacation in Granite Falls - that don't work because the kids and teens have to go to school.

You can keep their grades in a passing range by doing homework and projects, but they lose responsibility points if they don't attend school. (And it's a significant drop - I had a teen come home early from school because she was about to age up, and she lost enough responsibility that she lost the 'responsible' trait.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I had a mod that allowed kids not to go to school but the default was that they began without school and you had to opt in. I didn't realise that so it was somewhat annoying. I would have preferred school to do the default and you choose to opt out. I can't remember what the mod was now.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Okay, I found another thread from a little ways back on the topic, hope this helps!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956679/kawaiistacie-homeschool-mod-gone
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!