Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is Your Favorite Edition of The Sims?

Comments

• uglytownieuglytownie Posts: 29 Member
    I've been playing The Sims since the first iteration, I love TS2 for it's charm and challenge, but it does lack a LOT of guidance. If you didn't own any of the manuals it was impossible to play in my opinion. I didn't enjoy TS3 just because of how demanding it was on computers. TS4 is great, the sims are a little less unique in my opinion and aimless (no attractions or turn on and offs?) but it's gorgeous, and building is SO easy in TS4.
    f9kiTE1.png
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 has two things that makes it unique and much better compared to the other three games, and that is Create a Style (CaSt) and Open World.

I've seen so many people claim that TS3 is impossible to run because it lags, crashes, glitches etc. too much, but that is not my experience at all. I have it installed on several computers, both desktops and laptops, and it works fine for the most part on all of them.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The Sims 2
    I like TS3 too don't get me wrong, but 2 still tops everything.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I Have Multiple Favorites
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Prior to Vampires, Cats & Dogs and Seasons it was The Sims 2. Since those packs, The Sims 4 has overtaken it. My rankings now are as follows --

The Sims 4
    The Sims 2
    The Sims
    The Sims 3
    That’s my ranking too, but The Sims 2 is still pretty close. If 4 had more of the features of 2, like being able to put a lot anywhere and more in-depth game play, it would be my favourite. If Sims 2 didn’t lock young adults to college, let you travel between worlds and had aging for unplayed households, it would be my favourite.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The Sims 4
    I've only every played The Sims 4, but I really love it and have no intention of buying any of the past sims games.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    My favourites are The Sims 2, followed closely by TS3.
    My order of preference is
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 3
    The Sims
    The Sims 4

I have and play them all but admittedly 1-3 the most.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Sims 2 and 3, which isn’t to say I didn’t love every minute of Sims 1, but 2 and 3 brought so much innovation in their own ways that it was hard to go back to the limitations of the original.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The Sims 3
    Good to see The Sims 3 is ahead! :smiley:

Well for now anyway :sweat_smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SkullloverSkulllover Posts: 110 Member
    The Sims 2
    The sims 2 is my favorite. Sims have really distinct personalities and the babies and toddlers seem very alive. (If a bit difficult to care for.)
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    The Sims 3
    The Sims 3 holds my heart.

I can be more hands on with it than the others in more of the ways I want to be. Open world, CASt, CAW, personality traits, the art style, gameplay, the seemingly endless amount of options. Almost everything about it I love.

There's defintiely room for improvement, with all of them I think, but if I had to take one over all the others it'd be Sims 3.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 hands down, which I still play today. None of the later versions have the same personality and depth that the Sims 2 has. I can play it all day.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    The Sims 3
    I'd say The Sims 2 was where my obsession really kicked off however The Sims 3 is my fave of all the generations I've played so far. The open neighbourhoods and Create-A-Style are things I'm still missing a lot in TS4
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited February 2020
    The Sims 4
    4. I came in when Sims 3 was going, but it has so many optimization issues that it's ruining the fun for me. 2 can't captivate me, and I know nothing of 1.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• RamenDoodlesRamenDoodles Posts: 8 New Member
    I absolutely loved the open world aspect of Sims 3, and Create-A-Style. I really miss being able to make things match that maye shouldn't have! lol
    But Sims 4 runs the best, and I've really enjoyed it.
    (Sims 2 had the best soundtrack though IMO)
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 all the way. I haven't even been able to play in months and this is when I really notice *just* how much I love this version. I mean I've always said it's my favourite since it came out. But it's the only one I'm actually missing right now... like I think daily "I HAVE to fix my laptop. I NEED my Sims 3". I have 2 and 4 on my laptop as well but it's only sims 3 I'm missing so desperately.

I just really loved the open world and customization options. The other games just can't compare. I mean sims 2 is awesome but it's just not Sims 3. Sims 4 is... I won't go there. I have a lot of feelings, mostly not good. My addiction started with Sims 1 but I'm sure if I got my hands on it now I'd probably not enjoy it as I did way back then. Though... I still really wanna get my hands on it again just for nostalgia. But I think I'd play 5 minutes and go back to 3 lol.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    4 is my most favorite but I like the others as well I like 3 more then 2
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Javi182Javi182 Posts: 63 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 because of the open world and the ability to make your world too! Hopefully, Sims 5 will add both those features back.
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    B)

Multiple EPS across multiple Sims games are my favorite. I can't choose which favorite goes where.

I collected a lot of EPs over the years and considering I still play 3 and 4 with said EPs, I can say my favorites change regularly =D

B)
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    While I mainly play Sims 3, I also do somewhat enjoy 4. I have to say though, that all of the games are great. I never played one and two on PC but have played the console versions of them. I’ve also played Sims Bustin Out.
  • DarquayDarquay Posts: 8 New Member
    The Sims 3
    I mainly play the Sims 3 -- Love CAS and World Adventures! I really enjoy the open world feel and all the options on things to do. I do occasionally play Sims 4 and Sims Medieval but Sims 3 is definetly my favorite.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    The Sims 4

Sims 4 all the way. Just hoping they release babies and make them more playable. I'm a family player.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • madronatreemadronatree Posts: 6 New Member
    I loved The Sims Castaway on Wii. Wish there were more games like that!!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    The Sims 4
    I had to go with 4. I've always liked building homes on the smaller side, and in prior versions it really wasn't possible to build what I wanted due to routing issues.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    I love the Sims the most as That is what I grew up playing. All the games after that have all had their favourite eps and game play. Loved how the sims 3 had an open world and the pets( love horses and miss them in game) But I love how the sims 2 uni and seasons worked. So far the sims 4 hasn’t really proved it’s self to me I like how they are showing the younger generation about conservation and keeping the ocean clean but the game play just isn’t as good as 1,2 or 3 in my opinion
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    The Sims 3
    I've never played Sims 2 but after reading all of y'all's comments about how good it is, I might get it and see for myself.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~