Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Once again Paralives is impressing me more than TS4 ever could...

KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
edited February 2020 in Off Topic Chat

WE CAN CHANGE THE CLOTHING, ITEMS, ACCESSORIES WITH A COLOR WHEEL!!
This game is already 10x better than TS4

(wanted to post this in TS4..but got in trouble last time so here we are...in off topic.)

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I wonder if it'll be all colour wheel or a swatch system too. I'm looking forward to paralives, but I don't like colour wheels and it's kinda a turn off for me towards the game if it all has to be done this way. If it has the option of both I'm still a big fan haha.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I wonder if it'll be all colour wheel or a swatch system too. I'm looking forward to paralives, but I don't like colour wheels and it's kinda a turn off for me towards the game if it all has to be done this way. If it has the option of both I'm still a big fan haha.

just curious,...why don't you like the color wheel? Sorry <3 I just never heard someone who didn't like it...I need to know their reasoning because that interests me.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

From what I remember, there are some preset swatches that can be adjusted with a color wheel to whatever you want. Not sure how many of the swatches there will be though. I also wonder if there will be an option to save our own swatches.

I'm not a big fan of color wheels myself. When it's like this, with the ability to enter a hex value, it's easier. But matching colors when you have to find them on the wheel is generally a nuisance. In situations where it's needed, I much prefer a list of color options. That would also be my ideal for Sims: have a plain base for, say, a bed, then pick from a limited list of colors for the frame and another for the bedding. It would also make it easier to match things like wood or fabric colors.

From what I remember, there are some preset swatches that can be adjusted with a color wheel to whatever you want. Not sure how many of the swatches there will be though. I also wonder if there will be an option to save our own swatches.

I'm not a big fan of color wheels myself. When it's like this, with the ability to enter a hex value, it's easier. But matching colors when you have to find them on the wheel is generally a nuisance. In situations where it's needed, I much prefer a list of color options. That would also be my ideal for Sims: have a plain base for, say, a bed, then pick from a limited list of colors for the frame and another for the bedding. It would also make it easier to match things like wood or fabric colors.

Huh, well that's cool.
    But I for one love this...no more loving an item but can't find a right matching color...without having to go search for CC.
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member

Nice work so far! I talked about a similar system amongst other features erlier today here for TS5 and Paralives already delivers! (: I really hope Paralives grants us Customized Traits and overall interesting alternatives when it comes to The Parafolk-personalities as well...

Z5yqGx5.png
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Ah I'm already so antsy about this game. What I really miss from Sims 4 is this sort of customization and freedom. Very impressive.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Looks really cool. But I'm wondering what specs you would need to run that game ?
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Looks really cool. But I'm wondering what specs you would need to run that game ?

I think they replied saying they are gonna try it for all computers, don't quote me on that...
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

just curious,...why don't you like the color wheel? Sorry <3 I just never heard someone who didn't like it...I need to know their reasoning because that interests me.

Haha no worries. For me, I'm a live mode player. I don't want to spend hours customizing and trying to find the right colours. If I want my two sims to have matching shirts for a club meeting for example... Trying to find the right colour on a colour wheel or even going back and finding what hex colour number I used etc is just a made lot more time consuming then simply clicking on the pink swatch. Or making one counter top match another in a diff home.... I just find the wheel really tedious to use.

If it has swatches too though, and enough of them not just 1 or 2 assuming assuming ppl will use the wheel, then I am happy to have it in the game for those that do like it :)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm so ready for this game. It's gonna be with joy that I'm gonna throw The Sims 4 away since they got on my nerves since 2014!
    Lu4ERme.gif
    I'm so ready for this game. It's gonna be with joy that I'm gonna throw The Sims 4 away since they got on my nerves since 2014!

me tooooooo ;-;
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2020

Nice work so far! I talked about a similar system amongst other features erlier today here for TS5 and Paralives already delivers! (: I really hope Paralives grants us Customized Traits and overall interesting alternatives when it comes to The Parafolk-personalities as well...

i hope im not the only one who's confused on why they're talking about having a ts5 in the works when ts4 isn't finished (the producers btw, not the fans)
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I was going to post about this in a new thread but I am SO GLAD that someone has done this already. The excitement in me keeps intensifying!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Hopeful for Paralives. If it comes in 2022 or 2023 I'll be crazy grateful.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    you know what i think this is why they trying to push sims 5 to come out and they bringing out the news cause now they have competetion and from how peralives graphics look on them headphones im sure the perafolk will look good as well and they will have cars!! cc and all sims 4 dont bring it on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Well well well... finally something other than build mode. I'm still waiting to see much more before I'm interested at all, however.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It is truly amazing to see the effort they're putting into this game you can tell the creator of Paralives really cares and takes player feedback. Paralives is just getting better and better with each update its so nice to be excited for a games updates sure dont get that with Sims 4 anymore.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Hopeful for Paralives. If it comes in 2022 or 2023 I'll be crazy grateful.

He may allow early access before then, if he really does enjoy getting feedback from the community.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited February 2020

Haha no worries. For me, I'm a live mode player. I don't want to spend hours customizing and trying to find the right colours. If I want my two sims to have matching shirts for a club meeting for example... Trying to find the right colour on a colour wheel or even going back and finding what hex colour number I used etc is just a made lot more time consuming then simply clicking on the pink swatch. Or making one counter top match another in a diff home.... I just find the wheel really tedious to use.

If it has swatches too though, and enough of them not just 1 or 2 assuming assuming ppl will use the wheel, then I am happy to have it in the game for those that do like it :)

@SimAlexandria

bQ2cQj9.jpg
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    A color wheel sounds good, sorta, but for those interested in why some of us don't find it the greatest thing ever, well, I have red/green color deficiency (commonly called red/green colorblindness but that misleads people into thinking most of us can't see any reds or greens at all, which is not necessarily true) and if the color wheel were an option, but not a requirement, that would be fine. But if I had to diddle around picking colors on it for everything it would drive me crazy. Most of the time I don't care that much about colors and find having to focus on them too much, annoying. Light or dark, warm or cool, good enough for me.

But paralives is definitely something I want to hear what others have to say, about, and maybe look into when the time comes. Maybe not, if it's not funny and full of mayhem (even if only with mods). Because straight-out dollhouse/"perfect life" holds no appeal to me.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg