March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favourite Sims music themes?

ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
Over the 20 years of the Sims, there have been different themes for each iteration and various packs. I'm talking the music that you hear when you open up the game.

My favourites have to be TS1's Neighbourhood 3 theme, Sims 3's base game theme, The Sims 3 Pets theme and Sims 4 Seasons.

So, what are your favourite themes across the Sims universe?
e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
Let those smiles spread!

Comments

• MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    Which is most comforting?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Comforting? Sims 1. But my favorite just to listen to, I think Sims 2. I really like some stuff from Bustin' Out and the Urbz too though... and a few from Sims 3.
    I have a playlist with everything up to the Sims 4 base game.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Sims 1 is definitely my favorite, but it's not really comforting for me. For comfort, I listen to the soundtracks from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Gladiator, Last of the Mohicans, Lord of the Rings or Anne of Green Gables.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited February 2020
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2020
    Those are my favourites (like in a 'I have them on my Spotify' kind of way):

@musteni
    Didn't know that one, I have a fifth favourite now!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    The sims superstar soundtracks. Especially the songs your sim could sing. I mean.... Glabe Glarn is iconic and I'm so mad that the song didn't make a comeback at City living.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8cY46qAdHY
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    I love the Latin and Latin pop stations, I wish they would add more songs to those
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited February 2020
    Now Entering, from TS1 is a good one too. Neighbourhood 2, which I renamed to Neighbourhood Walk has that nice, bright and cheerful feel to it. It's one of The Sims PS2 music pieces. And then there's Elm Street, one of the Buy mode themes. One of the buy mode themes from TS1 is unnamed, so I decided to give it the title 'Leisurely Window Shopping'.

The other themes that I like are Sims 2's original theme, Sims 2 University's theme, and Open For Business theme. Those two themes are very fun to drum along to! (I play the drums, but not in a band.)

(Toodle Pip from Dine Out's Jazz station is another of my favourites)
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Javi182Javi182 Posts: 63 Member
    Sims 4 city living build mode songs, it also helps when the song transitions between calm and original when switching between furniture.
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    My sim recently went to the lounge in Oasis Springs and the radio there played the retro chanel. It was the The Sims 2 CAS/BB/loading screen music and it made me feel super nostalgic. That's my favorite music theme because that is THE music that makes me think of the sims franchise :)
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    The Sims Makin Magic -unforgettable music in a wonderful expansion.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    I have to say probably the Sims 3 base game theme. I liked a lot of the Sims music though. Speaking of Sims 3, Since I am a country music fan, my favorite radio station was the country station from Sims 3 Pets.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sims 3’s, because I love playing the game, so the music will immediately take me to a happy and comfortable mindset.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sims 2, for sure.

(I don't even know what soundtrack Sims 4 has because I remember turning it off because it drove me crazy)
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    4, 2, and 1!! And maybe part of 3...🤤
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    The Sims 1 soundtrack is my jam.

That said, The Sims 2's create a Sim music is so nostalgic to me that listening to it might actually make me younger. If I play it when my brother is around then he immediately strikes one of the poses Sims do in the family portraits.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    2 and 4 are the most iconic to me. Honestly, I haven't listened to TS1s in years and TS3's is just... there.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    Sims 2.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Defo The Sims and The Sims 3 as they had real bands and artists singing their songs
  • Trash_Trash_ Posts: 5 New Member
    The music in Sims 2 both was the best although I never played sims 1 so I can't speak for that but I much prefer the music in sims 2 than sims 4, it was less orchestra and more relax/magic. Also, I have to say I hate the music on the radio in sims 4.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The music from 2 sticks out in my mind the most, but maybe it's because I played it the most. Sims 3 would be second.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    Definitely the Sims Busting Out main theme song on gameboy. Also there was the build mode music from sims 2? I really love all Sims build music though.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2020
    I don't think I can answer this question... :sweat_smile:
    But heads up that I've merged a couple discussions together as they were very very similar.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2020
    The opening theme would have to be TS1, and as far as EPs in TS2 changing the opening tunes at loading the game, probably some tunes that played from Glamour Life (TS2) and while in build mode. Oh, and I really still love the shopping tunes from TS1. I miss new packs changing the load screen tunes. But all time favorite tunes (there are sooo many) would have to be Makin' Magic, still love to hear those. ETA: I think there are a few I loved from TS4s Vampires but they are only heard in build mode, I think. As far as TS3's opening theme it was used for a commercial several years back so I started to associate with a car ad, lol, so I sort of didn't like it anymore. I heard it so often on TV.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Too many for me to list. I adore a lot of the music from The Sims 1 - The Sims 2 - The Sims 3. Not so much for The Sims 4. I miss the composers and musicians they had way back in the day.
    wB2Zykl.jpg