Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbella is mostly what SOME OF US feel...

Comments

• Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited February 2020
    I just plumming give up. I said in another post and I’ll say it again. I’ve played this game for 20 years. I spent the short pocket bucks I had in a middle school job to buy packs. I have grown up and own a business now but still spend my draw on Sims packs. It’s such a relaxing way to “get away for a moment”!

I do not give a Splum Hplum Iplum Tplum about flash sales or the hot tub or whatev, but EA’s lax attitude towards having a title run for 20 years with little to no exuberance is exhausting.

I didn’t expect anything, but their barren care is noticeable. I have hundreds of thousands of customers but still treat everyone like my first.

I think there is actually a song by billionaire HOVA (my man JAY-Z) about treating every recent fan like your first fan.

I just can’t care about this game anymore. I mentioned it in another threads: Electronic Arts is in the S&P 500, and analysts estimate that 75% of today’s S&P 500 will be out of business by 2027.

Anybody in marketing knows how important it is now to retain customers to stay in biz. Most companies are clamoring to extend more value to maintain a customer base. This crowd is trying to lose it.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Anybody in marketing knows how important it is now to retain customers to stay in biz. Most companies are clamoring to extend more value to maintain a customer base. This crowd is trying to lose it.

I disagree with the bolded part. While yes, marketing people should know loyalty is important, there is a huge trend that's been going on for years now where getting customers to switch from a different company is way higher on the ranking than maintaining the ones who've been loyal. Maybe not everywhere in the world, but I've been dealing with it in multiple European countries more than I care about. Companies count on loyalty and the unwillingness of old customers to look for greener pastures.
    It's not good marketing but it's certainly not new or unique to EA.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited February 2020
    I know game changers don't actually change the game themselves, but I'm pretty sure it's part of their "job" to give feedback back to EA/Maxis. I'll have to go look now but I'm sure it was on the game changer website.

First page no less:
    https://www.ea.com/game-changers/about

We can like or not like them all we want, but they exist now, whether we needed them in the past or not. Since the system does work this way today, it's nice when they do agree with us once in awhile and get that feedback across back to EA. If EA actually listens or not is probably a totally different topic. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Just watched lilsimsie's video and actually agree with the whole thing. The mismatch of fan hyping and then the underdelivering is very apparent from where I stand fairly unemotional due to my experiences with and low expectations from a company like EA.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I find this all to be very melodramatic. It's been 20 years.. cool! But that's that 🤷‍♀️ they have a schedule for when they CAN release content, at least we got something. Would I have wanted more? Plum yes! Did I expect anything? No, because almost every video game franchise has disappointed me with their anniversary celebrations.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

so...what did the 'legacy' players get.

Nothing!! Which is what I expected. :lol:

Would have been nice to get a credit or simpoints to buy something from the store, or if you own the store, to buy something that was retired that you didn't own.

Happy Simming.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    so...what did the 'legacy' players get.

Nothing!! Which is what I expected. :lol:

Would have been nice to get a credit or simpoints to buy something from the store, or if you own the store, to buy something that was retired that you didn't own.

Happy Simming.

Oh a few simpoints would have been a great idea! There's still so many TS3 players out there.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @Sk8rblaze EA Ambassadors do sound a lot better! Or, “Game Ambassador”.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I never expected anything but a pack sale for the anniversary. Seriously. Not because I consider other players "entitled", but because well... is it really something we should expect?
    "Hey, did you know that the 900-series of SAABs has been around for 20 years. Here, have a car seat". No, maybe "Hey, here's a key chain and a rebate code for the car wash". Which, quite frankly, what we got.
    I am usually very cynical about big game companies and especially the biggest, like EA and Activision "Blizzard". But realistically? A 20% off in the Origin store is really all we had any reason to really expect.

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    One unmistakable thing that shows itself here is almost unifying belief that EA did wrong in not doing more for their own franchise (which is evident how frustrated users are with something they love gets turned out for a paltry reward), i mean look at the amount of comments that got likes and especially awesomes, that tells a story by itself how strong the voice is.

But this is the problem: Will EA take notice of it or stick to their social trollworking sites?

---

There is also one user on this thread that has been saying there is entitlement, so what of it? i'm entitled to look, breathe, move my arms, write my comment and enjoy playing the game. that isn't for you to tell me or anyone else otherwise. i could accuse you in the same manner of acting in an entitled manner to sabotage the efforts of other users to get recognised and adding to the toxicity on purpose than by accident. But here we are, all of us have a form of entitlement and yet there is no respect for others beliefs and opinions with that stated, so what is challenging others on their entitlement going to accomplish?

---

As for what i think? i already made my opinions clear a few days back on a few other threads. I had to get some distance from this forum as i didn't like where it was going.

1yW7.gif

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited February 2020

I disagree with the bolded part. While yes, marketing people should know loyalty is important, there is a huge trend that's been going on for years now where getting customers to switch from a different company is way higher on the ranking than maintaining the ones who've been loyal. Maybe not everywhere in the world, but I've been dealing with it in multiple European countries more than I care about. Companies count on loyalty and the unwillingness of old customers to look for greener pastures.

That's been my feeling with these companies of late.
    They don't care about the customers they have, only the ones they don't.

It's like Disney and Star Wars.
    They will take the characters that made Star Wars great, and use them to attract the old fan base with nostalgia.
    And then turn around and trash them as they build up the new characters for a new audience.

Han Solo: Deadbeat dad, killed by his own son.

Leia Organa: basically a failed general.

Luke Skywalker: Failed Jedi Master, now a grumpy old hermit living on an island, waiting to die.
    Only in the very end of the first movie, because he is too distracting for the new characters. Does very little and dies in the second movie, and I have no idea what happens to him in the third movie because I gave up on the new trilogy.

We never got to see all three of them (plus Chewie) together again.
    A company that cares about their customers, old and new, would have brought them together again and gave them a more dignified send-off while introducing the new characters and setting them up for more movies.

Sorry about the Star Wars rant. :p
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @Sindocat Yeah, we're a mixed bunch. She doesn't speak for me either. But some are always intent on creating drama.

Just like some are intent on turning a blind eye to everything.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

They will take the characters that made Star Wars great, and use them to attract the old fan base with nostalgia.
    And then turn around and trash them as they build up the new characters for a new audience.

Luke Skywalker: Failed Jedi Master, now a grumpy old hermit living on an island, waiting to die.
    Only in the very end of the first movie, because he is too distracting for the new characters. Does very little and dies in the second movie, and I have no idea what happens to him in the third movie because I gave up on the new trilogy.

A company that cares about their customers, old and new, would have brought them together again and gave them a more dignified send-off while introducing the new characters and setting them up for more movies.

Think Luke just comes back as a force ghost in 3rd.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

I don't acknowledge anything after the first three. looool Ok, I did like watching Anikan. But after that, I've seen nothing. And it's a shame this trend that many companies seem to be doing or headed down. Trash those legacy customers, and treat current customers like trash.

I know that they are trying to earn money and turn a profit, but let's say Bath and Body Works. When you walk into that store you are engaged with by an associate, they make sure to ask if you need help, what you are looking for, and inform you of their specials/deals/sales. I like that, it makes you feel "important" and "valued" by that company - they want that money! And the same with other places like Hot Topic, Victoria's Secret, etc.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @Sindocat Yeah, we're a mixed bunch. She doesn't speak for me either. But some are always intent on creating drama.

Not everything is worth a fight or to get riled up about. I'm sure you feel the same way. For me, this whole anniversary celebration is one such thing. And yeah, one might interpret heated arguments and an avid use of caps as drama. Also, it's not really uncommon on forums to receive a counter reaction from people of a different opinion and/or state of mind. Threads are open for everyone to join in, not just those in agreement with the topic's author. Personally, I prefer less emotion and more objectivity in debates, and my replies will probably naturally be indicative of that. As a sort of appeal, I guess. But I digress. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Since EA doesn't appear to care about anyone's feelings, it would seem a better option to just let go and move on. Maybe something will come from all the displayed misery, maybe not. *Shrug*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Not everything is worth a fight or to get riled up about. I'm sure you feel the same way. For me, this whole anniversary celebration is one such thing. And yeah, one might interpret heated arguments and an avid use of caps as drama. Also, it's not really uncommon on forums to receive a counter reaction from people of a different opinion and/or state of mind. Threads are open for everyone to join in, not just those in agreement with the topic's author. Personally, I prefer less emotion and more objectivity in debates, and my replies will probably naturally be indicative of that. As a sort of appeal, I guess. But I digress. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Since EA doesn't appear to care about anyone's feelings, it would seem a better option to just let go and move on. Maybe something will come from all the displayed misery, maybe not. *Shrug*

I do agree actually, and there are many sims-related things where I do exactly that: turn off the pc, go do something else & forget about it entirely (this includes many of the things they say and do on their streams as well, actually). But I find this one thing so very, very disappointing, I'm having an unusually hard time just letting it slide & not letting it affect the way I see the future of this franchise. Which is strange cause I know it won't do me much good and they won't change a thing anyway, but downplaying the 20th Sims birthday this much (especially versus the way they handled the TS4 bday a few months back) simply goes to show how little they really care about its established community ... the one that's stuck around for 20 years, the one where each and every single player has already given them huge sums of money (probably too much, even if we don't consider TS4). It doesn't mean that I enjoy "the drama" of it all cause I quite frankly hate it, but it's just so tiring to see EA/Maxis do this time and time again, and this is really the only place I can go to commiserate... Each response is valid of course, I guess that's just mine.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Maybe if that "established community" weren't so hostile, they'd be more supportive.

I believe the studio is putting in all of they effort - individually and collectively - that it can to produce the best game it can. And yet it gets slammed and slandered here, day in, day out.

We deserve nothing but the chance to decide, again and again, whether the product is worth our money or our time.

Your emotional investment entitles you solely to your own emotional returns. It's a game. Historically, an enormously popular and successful one. In its current version, it is more popular than The Sims, TS2, or TS3 ever were. Maybe that's why the TS4 anniversary is worth celebrating.

Maybe expecting other than what you get isn't a Maxis problem, but a You problem. I'd work on that.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I do not care if people got a free hot tub tbh. I might be a minority here, but i actually like the tub (I would have preffered heart shaped one tho). The thing is, it should not have been an anniversary gift and this is where I agree with her. It should have been a nostalgic item. Something well known from previous games- an npc perhaps or a popular object along with some well known townies from previous games patched into base game (meaning not them being in the gallery, but them living in certain houses when you start a new game). We could have gotten a neighborhood from previous games with those townies in it, but I highly doubt we will get any free worlds after Newcrest.
    I did not expect much so I was not as disappointed as other people. The fact that they gave us just one object did not surprise me.
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Maybe if that "established community" weren't so hostile, they'd be more supportive.

I believe the studio is putting in all of they effort - individually and collectively - that it can to produce the best game it can. And yet it gets slammed and slandered here, day in, day out.

We deserve nothing but the chance to decide, again and again, whether the product is worth our money or our time.

Your emotional investment entitles you solely to your own emotional returns. It's a game. Historically, an enormously popular and successful one. In its current version, it is more popular than The Sims, TS2, or TS3 ever were. Maybe that's why the TS4 anniversary is worth celebrating.

Maybe expecting other than what you get isn't a Maxis problem, but a You problem. I'd work on that.

To be fair, The Sims 4 wouldn't be celebrating anything if the games that came before it didn't exist. They deserved some sort of acknowledgement. Seeing as The Sims 3 community is still a big one, it would have been nice if they got something too for instance, like their own giveaway for store points or something. The Sims 4 doesn't even acknowledge Will Wright in its credits.

The render they used for the birthday tweet still says 15 on it! They didn't even update it to 20!
    20-Pointless-Years.png
    Post edited by PrincipleOfEntropy on
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

I would like to believe that they are doing the best they can, but the lack of effort they have shown for the sims4 lately is concerning.

This does not look like like the work of a game developer studio with a publisher who believes in their game. They seem to struggle a lot with putting out content and keeping the sims4 supported. They do not want to invest in animations, patch old bugs, or make new items. They are fine with cutting corners left and right by reusing animations and items for their packs and updates.

And a reused hot tub gives us instead signs that they in fact do not want to make new content for the sims4. They are just fine with reusing an item from 2015.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited February 2020
    Scobre wrote: »

LMAO this one is a hilarious amalgam of journalism trends. “ Home comforts: how The Sims let millennials live out a distant dream. Today’s young people are flocking to an egalitarian utopia where home ownership is available to all.”

Ah yes, of course, I forgot that is why I play The Sims. 🤣🤣🤣