Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

“clientDB.package” - Safe to delete?

Exactly as the title says. I have never seen it pop up before and it has over 10k gigabytes showing. Like the cache files I delete from time to time to help the game run smoother, it this file safe to delete without losing my saved game? I looked on this site but I can’t find if anyone else asked this same question... I don’t use mods, I did however move my family into a new home I downloaded via the internet. I don’t see that mods were used in this house either. Don’t know if that has to do with anything but figured I would throw it out there anyway.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited September 2018
    Hello
    This is what Crinrict wrote on her blog site about this package file
    clientDB.package: Used for photography which was introduced with Get to Work. Only contains values while the game runs.
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/user-files-explained/

It would be best to leave it there.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sorry to add to this so late, but I was just doing a search on this file as my clientDB file has been getting bigger recently, but I've always deleted it.
    I must have read somewhere at some stage that you could, otherwise I'd have left it alone. I can't remember.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • GogoMGogoM Posts: 57 Member
    My clientDB.package file is just under 54,000kb, i copied it to my desktop and deleted it and then loaded the game, all of my photos (in game) were still there and I took another two photos (in game) and put them on the wall, then I exited the game without saving. The clientDB.package regenerated but became larger (It grew by over 400kb. I'm not sure what this means, but I guess it can be deleted but unlike the localthumbcache.package it won't automatically regenerate as a smaller file.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    I delete mine every time I finish playing and it regenerates but never larger. It's a different size each time I play, depending how long I play, like it's bigger when I play longer and smaller when I play for a shorter length of time.
    I remember when it wasn't there at all! I still don't know what's in it?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Kingpaintball811Kingpaintball811 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @DeadofWinter321 said:
    > Exactly as the title says. I have never seen it pop up before and it has over 10k gigabytes showing. Like the cache files I delete from time to time to help the game run smoother, it this file safe to delete without losing my saved game? I looked on this site but I can’t find if anyone else asked this same question... I don’t use mods, I did however move my family into a new home I downloaded via the internet. I don’t see that mods were used in this house either. Don’t know if that has to do with anything but figured I would throw it out there anyway.

Hi, new Sims 4 player here, if anyone is using a Windows device and their OneDrive is saying that it is using an application and can't sync, i managed to fix it by just shutting my laptop off and turning it back on again, im guessing restarting it will also work, just a comment if anyone came here for this problem. :)