Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

20th Anniversary Checklist

HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
edited February 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
20 years of The Sims and 6 years of The Sims 4... it's a celebration. An anniversary and a big nostalgic trip. What could have been added to The Sims 4 for this celebration?
  • Burglars.
  • Firefighters.
  • Bonehilda - RoM GP
  • Newspaper Delivery.
  • Chinese Food delivery.
  • Social Worker.
  • Pool Tables.
  • Love tub.
  • Heart bed.
  • More facial hair options.
  • More tattoos.
  • Body hair.
  • More makeup - lipstick, eyes, etc.
  • A fresh new world where we can place more builds and create new stories.
  • 10 new traits.
  • 5 new aspirations.
  • El Bandito (Wild raccoon that rummages the garbage bin) - Cats & Dogs EP
  • Henri LeStanc (Wild skunk that stinks up the neighborhood) - Cats & Dogs EP
  • 2 new active careers, 5 new careers, and 5 new part-time careers.
  • Expand at least 3 careers with more branches.
  • New radio stations: Rock, Disco, Indie & Country.
  • More clothing and hair options for toddlers and children.

Stretching Expectations:
  • Cars.
  • Different gravestones according to how much Satisfaction Points are held.
  • Create-A-World tool.
  • Color wheel.
  • Werewolf occult for Cats & Dogs EP.
  • Memories system.
  • Chemistry system (Turn on & turn-offs).
  • Interests system.
  • Fury system.
  • Fix the family tree. Whatever happened to "Son/Daughter-in-law"? Great grandfathers/mothers, great-grandson/daughters, etc? Expand to at least 5 generations for a family tree view.
  • The Sims 1 available for free to download on Origin.
  • The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available for free to download on Origin.
wB2Zykl.jpg
Post edited by Hestia on

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Anniversary Challenge.
    TS1-TS3 NPCs for limited time (unless, you get them to join the household).
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited February 2020
    Any one of these ideas would have been stellar! All about the same amount of effort as the hot tub and all not requiring something being taken away from an already paid for pack. I've thought many similar.

The stretching expectations I would have never have expected except for the re-release of TS1 and TS2. I was hoping they would have put them back out there and I gladly would have paid for them again too. I miss playing them and the 20 years anniversary made me nostalgic and want to play them again. :'(
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @Camkat I thought the hot tub was very cheaply made. It’s just a re-skin of the most pricey tub in PP SP with columns and a roof. I wouldn’t have minded if it were to be a completely different model... what about the love tub? That’s an iconic item.

It was a nice gesture to give out for free but come on...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Camkat I thought the hot tub was very cheaply made. It’s just a re-skin of the most pricey tub in PP SP with columns and a roof. I wouldn’t have minded if it were to be a completely different model... what about the love tub? That’s an iconic item.

It was a nice gesture to give out for free but come on...

Absolutely agree. The fact a game changer made it in less than 10 minutes with move objects (and it's functional) says a lot too.

I never did buy PP but it still sits badly with me for those that did and I don't see how they expect to actually sell that pack now so it's kind of baffling from a business perspective that they did this. Bringing back the iconic love tub would have made the nostalgic people happy and it wouldn't have taken sales away from PP either since the love tub is actually kind of ridiculous, people wanting tubs for a more realistic build will still buy PP. It would have been a new mesh, yes, but the animations for the sims themselves would have been the same so it really wouldn't have been that much more work?!

Thing is, it was a 20th anniversary for the franchise. Not just Sims 4. I feel like they forgot that point.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Any one of these suggestions would of been a better gift than the hot tub.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Unnatural hair colors for Children and Toddlers (finally), the werewolf GP finally being announced, enhanced Babies with personalities and crawling and play mats and baby swings and parents only putting them on furniture or in the crib if they have to put them down, the return of burglars, the return of fire fighters, an official BodyShop-like add-on for TS4 for recoloring both CAS and Build/Buy items, re-balanced emotion system, spiral staircases and ladders, and paintable ceilings. Those would have been lovely gifts to go with that tub. I mean, the tub looks nice and all, and it's good to see that they finally realized that hot tubs shouldn't have been carved out of the base game and shoved into a stuff pack as the only way to get them in the first place...but they should have done so much more to celebrate the 20th anniversary of such an important franchise as The Sims. Even SEGA tries to celebrate Sonic's anniversaries with a big game...even if they don't always go particularly well...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Big thing for me would have been the adaptation of neighborhoods and worlds from older versions of the game, and their households into TS4. Maxis has already done official recreations of many TS2 and TS3 households in the gallery, and after playing TS2; have been meaning to move the Smith family into Strangerville.

• Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    They could have added Will Wright's name to the credits. The Sims 4 is the only one to not thank him.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    damageincracingdamageincracing Posts: 275 Member
    What could have been added to the game? Oh, I don't know. Open worlds. Bug and Glitch fixes. More aspirations and traits. Things to actually do. Scrapping the whole thing and starting over, giving us a game that DOESN'T suck unless you use mods and 3rd party content to fix everything EA won't...
  • Options
    LeaxxieLeaxxie Posts: 23 Member
    I have always wanted a create-a-world tool. In 3 I used to delete all the lots and recreate the whole town they way I wanted. But I always thought it would be so cool to put the roads in and all the neighborhood decorations.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Yeah, I'm really missing pool tables and male body hair. I've got a mod for the hair, but I doubt anyone can cc a pool table
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I miss the little trash bandits... Would gladly trade the stupid rainbow colored poops left lying everywhere for some late-night garbage can mischief. 😑
  • Options
    beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    I have a couple of questions concerning the hot tub.

1. I had to purchase it from the store for like $3,500. I thought it was free? Not really a big deal, just wondering since I bet others are thinking about this too.

2. How can I get other Sims to get into the tub with me? It's lame to invite someone over, get into the tub, and they just to play with my computer.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member

1. I had to purchase it from the store for like $3,500. I thought it was free? Not really a big deal, just wondering since I bet others are thinking about this too.

2. How can I get other Sims to get into the tub with me? It's lame to invite someone over, get into the tub, and they just to play with my computer.

The hot tub was free for players to own, as in free content to add into the game. Sims have to pay for it though.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I have zero expectations. I would gladly pay for a 20th Anniversary pack combining the best of the Sims including Sims Medieval into one expansion pack for Sims 4. However, I don't really see this happening. Sorry for being such a downer, but If Sims 4 took Sims 3 to the next level instead of playing it a bit too safe and giving us so little in everything from stuff-expansion packs I wouldn't feel this way. Instead, it feels like they got Bob from accounting to decide on everything we get. Ignoring what we have asked for in the game since Day 1. We got toddlers but they really don't do anything nor do kids really. I want babies and tots and kids to be able to do a lot more. I want my tots to play with their older siblings. I want kids to be able to gain responsibility by helping out with tots and babies. I want kids to be able to have innocent first love options like a kiss on the cheek. hugging each other. Have a play date with a crush. Have lunch with a crush. Hang out with crush. Let them play house with each other. Play tag. Play hide and seek. Double dutch and jump rope together. Build a treehouse with other kids through to even elder sims. Go visit Grandparent/s for the weekend. Have an adventure with crush or bestie or a grandparent or parent. My dad always made it an adventure when I was a kid when I would go with him on errands. I remember how much fun that was. If there is an elder in the household be able to help them. Have more aspirations for our kids like little helper, I want to be a superhero or ninja when I get older as an aspiration. Protect friend/sibling from bullies. etc. Have slides and more fun things to do. I wouldn't complain over a new life stage if it isn't too terribly done. Just wow us for a change. We know the ability is there we played The Sims, Sims 2 and Sims 3 so we know EA you can do it.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    HaleyCHaleyC Posts: 1 New Member
    Letting us go grocery shopping or to the mall!

Adding more realistic things would be awesome!

Also just being able to walk/drive around the neighborhood without having to reload all the time.
  • Options

This is super annoying. The best I think you can hope for is click on the computer and lock it so only your sim can use it, then maybe if there's nothing else electronic at your house to do the guest might join you.

I hate that my sims won't do anything except electronics, no matter what options I put out there for them. :/

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    For me
    Preteens
    Vechiles
    NPC Fireman Burglars and Policemen
    Nails
    Backpacks/purses
    Sick Sims going to the hospital like pets do.
    Grandma chicken noodle soup.
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    As far an new stuff is concerned in addition to all suggestions above, I would love to see customizable ways for sims to sit down on a chair/couch (would love sims sprawled out on the couch in pj's eating a pint of ice cream while watching trashy tv or sims not manspreading for the sake of maspreading.
    windweaver wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm really missing pool tables and male body hair. I've got a mod for the hair, but I doubt anyone can cc a pool table

I also miss the pool table as well as a Metal music channel from the Sims 2 days as well as create a neighborhoods from The Sims 2.

Lemon405 wrote: »
    I miss the little trash bandits... Would gladly trade the stupid rainbow colored poops left lying everywhere for some late-night garbage can mischief. 😑

Trash pandas for the win!!!