Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    I would love knitting teddybears who can level up your toddlers Talking skill quicker or something. (also maybe empathy) because maxing your toddler skills is a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • Willow_Willow_ Posts: 12 New Member
    It would be so cute to knit little sweaters and booties for your pets!! :O
  • FiercyFiercy Posts: 18 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant What amazing ideas! Those puppets are SO CUTE! I'd really love to see knitted stuffies, but they need to be cute, like the ones you posted.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Sweaters, hats, pot holders, quilts, clothing for toddlers, and scarves
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I guess scarves kinda go without saying, but I have been wanting them as a standalone accessory for a long time, also mittens without fingers like these:
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F01%2F39%2F90%2F013990097e24dcca7dba30afde8ab92e--expressive-the-top.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
    don't know what they are called in english, but my mom is always knitting those for me and I love them!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I guess scarves kinda go without saying, but I have been wanting them as a standalone accessory for a long time, also mittens without fingers like these:
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F01%2F39%2F90%2F013990097e24dcca7dba30afde8ab92e--expressive-the-top.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
    don't know what they are called in english, but my mom is always knitting those for me and I love them!
    Fingerless gloves in English and I love them too. I have a pair which was great for working my state jobs during the winter months.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AyTiAyTi Posts: 3 New Member
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > (Image)
    >
    > Imaginary friends
    > Could return with the knitting skill, this time you need level 8 knitting skill in order to craft them instead of getting them randomly like in Sims 3.
    > Imaginary friends are a new playable occult and are only visible by children, babies and toddlers. For adults they‘re invisible.
    >
    > Imaginary friends can prank adults because they‘re invisible to them. They‘re extremely happy when around their assigned child. They can also autonomously entertain the child and tell jokes.
    >
    > Imaginary friends can be turned into human Sims when the child has maximum friendship with the imaginary friend doll.

I so totally love this idea! <3
    Would be a great credit for TS3!

And after reading some stuff here in this Thread, here I my suggestions:
    - Knit after the seasons - combine it with it ether for clothing per season or
    - as decoration, to full fill decoration reqs per special day ;)
    - just knitt babysocts, if you have a baby or as a gift for new parents.
    - Sell or donate knitting stuff
    - Knit from a bear for children (just toddler and child can play) <> adults: Knit pillows, blankets, Cupwarmer, bikini, university flags.....we named lot in the forum :) now it depends on, what can be coded :smiley:
    - Knit for animals a sweater etc.
    - Knit when we have city parties and also, maybe we could do Guerilla knitting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z-gu2Oi6Fo
    e.g. Party by the waves or in parks? Or having knitting challenges in the city, e.g. geekcon --> knittconvention.....
    - We could grow cotton in the garden, do cotton picking and color it to have it for knitting, and with gardening level 1-2, we can just have white cotton, with level 3-4 add blue and red.........and so on. somehow we need colored cotton ;) can we have sheeps for wool? :D
    - Have an online shop to sell the products, maybe for insiders and bloggers. it could be a freelancer job. Sell them in your store?
    - knitt special voodoo dolls >:)
    - For magicians: bring knitted animals alive? e.g. Hamster, cat and dog?
    - have it as a study item in the university, something for arts? Or a special knitting study group....or here....maybe guerilla knitting at night in the university? B)

I would love to see combinations with other packs <3
  • TheRepoManSamTheRepoManSam Posts: 16 Member
    > @MyTrueLoveTS1 said:
    > The clothing style that I liked was from "cozy craft workshop". But I thought the look of the room from "DIY delight" was more intersting.
    > I'm really not sure why we could not have separate votes for the clothing and room style?

I know right!? Same here, but I'm still very pleased with the results regardless.
  • RigyRigy Posts: 8 New Member
    I would love to see knitted slippers and sweaters as well as hats! LOTS of hats!!! I want my elder sim to sit in her rocker, grand kids surrounding her as they all tell her which colour of slipper and sweater they want. All fighting over who gets the first pair, and she quietly chuckles to herself, remembering when she did the same thing to her granny. I just want elders to have more things to do. :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I love fingerless gloves.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    I prefer stuff that Sims can actually use, not only for decoration. Pot holders are nice but sadly can‘t be used. We have 90 % of decor only stuff, even the so called „medicine cabinet“ - it‘s time for some usable objects that Sims can actually use or interact with.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

Rigy wrote: »
    I would love to see knitted slippers and sweaters as well as hats! LOTS of hats!!! I want my elder sim to sit in her rocker, grand kids surrounding her as they all tell her which colour of slipper and sweater they want. All fighting over who gets the first pair, and she quietly chuckles to herself, remembering when she did the same thing to her granny. I just want elders to have more things to do. :D

Same... Sadly there is no rocking chair in TS4 :(

• SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Hey party people,

We’re really excited that Knitting was the winning theme that was voted on by the community! Now it’s time to start thinking about what you actually want to knit! What kind of things do you expect your Sim to be able to sit down and create? What are your expectations? What would you like to see?

For example, as a kid I fondly remember how my Great Auntie would always knit me & my siblings holiday slippers. Each and every year we would get a new pair. Mine were always blue. Even though she passed away many years ago, this is something that I will associate to her forever and in fact I still have the very last pair of slippers she ever made for me.

So please let us know what is important about knitting to YOU and the kinds of clothing and/or objects you’d want to create with it! This collaborative exercise will greatly help to determine some of the possible options to include in the upcoming asset votes.

Thank you so much for your time and interest and let’s collectively make this the best stuff pack yet!

-SimGuruNinja

I want to be able to knit blankets, sweaters, and socks.
  • BatterfangBatterfang Posts: 3 New Member
    Would looooove to see cute potholders you can hang on walls like @FreezerBunnyCowplant posted.

Please, for the love of god add some scarves and knitted gloves! I know the CAS vote is already in, but a slouchy hat would be amazing as well. I'd also love to knit blankets and pillows/stuffed animals.
    What about, like, a knitted baby sling so you can carry babies around with you?
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Ugly sweaters for Christmas! lol.. Sorry, I can't unsee my grannies utilizing the heck out of this pack. I'm sure they'll teach their youngins knitting.
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    Big holiday socks to hang with goodies in them.
    Purses?
  • beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    > @SimQueenie9 said:
    > Purses?

ooo! And backpacks for the kids!
    If only we could sew and embroider too...
  • TheSimShowTheSimShow Posts: 1 New Member
    I support ideas like beanies, scarves, blankets, and slippers. These all sound really great! One thing that really rings true for me is the creation of unique, novelty knitted items. For example, when my mum started knitting, she asked me if I wanted anything. Jokingly, I said I wanted a knitted octopus mask (these exist, just didn't expect my mum would actually make one). To my total surprise, I was greeted with a gray knitted octopus mask the next time I visited! So, I guess my suggestion is to (in addition to basic crafty items), maybe some unique items such as this? Maybe not this exactly, but I think it'd be fun to switch it up and include weird things like maybe a brain beanie, knitting around tree trunks, etc. :)
  • refinnej0220refinnej0220 Posts: 4 New Member
    Those knittable mini figures are always cool. And basically everything you can wear. It would also be cool that when a sim is first starting out you can visibly see ones sleeves longer when they hold up their final product.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Mittens. I need mittens.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    All these great suggestions seeing the last vote we got none of it how sad.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top