Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE?!

Comments

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Nindigo wrote: »
    What was actually in the update? Aside from the two hot tubs that I won't be using anyway, because I never use the existing ones? I felt the list of bugfixes was extremely short - much shorter than ordinarily. Maybe it is a joke?

It's fine by me to celebrate an anniversary of a product with colleagues at a workplace. We as costumers shouldn't be peeved about that. I think that's just petty.

There are a few songs added. XD

Disclaimer: Songs from 2011 that we already received in The Sims 3 when they were actually relevant.

Whoa, wait, the songs they added were from the Sims 3? For real? BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now, don't get me wrong. I think they should add all the music they can from previous sims games because there are far too many Sims 4 radio stations with like 5 songs. But if they're adding in four and making it sound like something brand new, that's just... wow. Words fail me.

Edit: You know, I just came up with a fab idea for a Stuff Pack. Music Stuff! Include a few new radios, a jukebox, and a dance floor and some new dance moves and include all the music they can from previous sims games. Lots of people would pay $10 for it and think they're getting an amazing bargain.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited February 2020
    gamekitten wrote: »
    They did not make Sims, Will did.

Will doesn't even get his name in the Special Thanks section in the credits.

https://mobygames.com/game/windows/sims-4/credits

Credits-2.png

Edit: The Sims 3 acknowledges him.

https://mobygames.com/game/windows/sims-3/credits

Sims-3-Credits.png

Edit 2: The Sims 2 acknowledges him, making 4 the only mainline iteration that doesn't.

Sims-2-Credits.png
    Post edited by PrincipleOfEntropy on
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Credits-2.png

Sims-3-Credits.png

The Sims 2 doesn't list his name, but it does appear in the game. In Open For Business you can get a perk called the "Will Wright Grant" and in the base game there's a rock formation that's literally his head as a neighbourhood decoration.

It sickens me to the core how they didn't even bother to credit him...He is what MADE the sims...without him we would never have it...and I can never be grateful enough for him.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

Credits-2.png

Sims-3-Credits.png

The Sims 2 doesn't list his name, but it does appear in the game. In Open For Business you can get a perk called the "Will Wright Grant" and in the base game there's a rock formation that's literally his head as a neighbourhood decoration.

It sickens me to the core how they didn't even bother to credit him...He is what MADE the sims...without him we would never have it...and I can never be grateful enough for him.

It would be interesting if they have an anniversary challenge in the game and perhaps name it as the Will Wright Challenge for 20 days.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Credits-2.png

Sims-3-Credits.png

I’m pretty sure Will Wright is featured in the credits in the sims 2 game. I had to look at them all when looking for another producer. I’m fairly certain he comes under a Special thanks too at the end credits.

But I agree with your sentiments!

Credits-2.png

Sims-3-Credits.png

I’m pretty sure Will Wright is featured in the credits in the sims 2 game. I had to look at them all when looking for another producer. I’m fairly certain he comes under a Special thanks too at the end credits.

I hope at least he is getting royalties of some sort with all sim games?
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member

Credits-2.png

Sims-3-Credits.png

I just had a look in my own game and he is indeed there, right up top in the design section. I'll update the listings.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    im 40 and i started playing the sims when i was 20 is anyone the same??

@carlymichelle

20’s to 40’s here, my friend! 🎉😄

I'm 49 and have played since I was 29 (Now I feel old)
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Well, it's Friday now. I guess there won't be any last minute surprises to be added to the Anniversary. :s
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Well, it's Friday now. I guess there won't be any last minute surprises to be added to the Anniversary. :s

Well to be fair to them, in many ways the birthday was a big surprise, just not the kind you'd ever want to be repeated.
  • Twixxie1602Twixxie1602 Posts: 15 Member
    @FairyGodMother - They’ve yet to even comment about the backlash from it. I highly doubt we’ll get anything else. At least for their 20th birthday. Just going to go sulk and play sims anyway.
    [quote="LiELF;c-17396047"][quote="Twixxie1602;c-17396036"]@FairyGodMother - They’ve yet to even comment about the backlash from it. I highly doubt we’ll get anything else. At least for their 20th birthday. Just going to go sulk and play sims anyway.[/quote]

Yeah, this is kind of more depressing. It's like they've just bunked up to hide out the storm, waiting for it to pass. But it's everywhere and I really think it would be a good idea for them to address it and at least admit that they completely miscalculated the importance of the anniversary to its players.

I mean, they can't be feeling good about it either, I'm sure it's brought them down a little as well to realize the scope of their mistake. Maybe they're at a loss for what they should do about it. [/quote]

They knew everyone was mad/upset. Every comment on their twitter to do with the hot tub/anniversary is negative. A few good ones sprinkled in. But, mostly negative. Then they tweet “thanks for celebrating with us”. We weren’t celebrating lol. But hopefully they at least address the fans who are upset before they lose most of them.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    ...It's like they've just bunked up to hide out the storm, waiting for it to pass...
    That's my impression as well. I keep looking everywhere to see if someone attempts to respond to the situation. I may not feel as deeply about it as many others, but it's still interesting to see how things will unfold from here.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @FairyGodMother - They’ve yet to even comment about the backlash from it. I highly doubt we’ll get anything else. At least for their 20th birthday. Just going to go sulk and play sims anyway.

Yeah, this is kind of more depressing. It's like they've just bunked up to hide out the storm, waiting for it to pass. But it's everywhere and I really think it would be a good idea for them to address it and at least admit that they completely miscalculated the importance of the anniversary to its players.

I mean, they can't be feeling good about it either, I'm sure it's brought them down a little as well to realize the scope of their mistake. Maybe they're at a loss for what they should do about it.

They knew everyone was mad/upset. Every comment on their twitter to do with the hot tub/anniversary is negative. A few good ones sprinkled in. But, mostly negative. Then they tweet “thanks for celebrating with us”. We weren’t celebrating lol. But hopefully they at least address the fans who are upset before they lose most of them.

@LiELF I don't think they bunked up, I think they are still celebrating, and I don't think they think it was a mistake :D:( Good idea though, but I don't see it happening!)

@Twixxie1602 I have lurked the forums, and have praised it and then went to biting my tongue and not saying a word for a long time. My eyes are wide open now :s

@FairyGodMother- I don’t think they’ll say anything. They’ll write it off like “oh they’re unhappy? Let’s have more sales to make them forget.” I’m just patiently awaiting paralives now.
    fullspiral wrote: »

I mean, they can't be feeling good about it either, I'm sure it's brought them down a little as well to realize the scope of their mistake. Maybe they're at a loss for what they should do about it.

They. Just. Don't. Care. It's not a mistake to them because they said don't expect much.

All they care about is future simmers and one's they've picked up over the course of 3 or 4. And those they want to invest in 5. It's about the money and getting new investors for year 25/30. Those new investors wouldn't have a clue about the origins of the Sims. They are marketing to a brand new generation.

They really don't.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Nindigo wrote: »
    What was actually in the update? Aside from the two hot tubs that I won't be using anyway, because I never use the existing ones? I felt the list of bugfixes was extremely short - much shorter than ordinarily. Maybe it is a joke?

It's fine by me to celebrate an anniversary of a product with colleagues at a workplace. We as costumers shouldn't be peeved about that. I think that's just petty.

There are a few songs added. XD

Disclaimer: Songs from 2011 that we already received in The Sims 3 when they were actually relevant.

Whoa, wait, the songs they added were from the Sims 3? For real? BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now, don't get me wrong. I think they should add all the music they can from previous sims games because there are far too many Sims 4 radio stations with like 5 songs. But if they're adding in four and making it sound like something brand new, that's just... wow. Words fail me.

Edit: You know, I just came up with a fab idea for a Stuff Pack. Music Stuff! Include a few new radios, a jukebox, and a dance floor and some new dance moves and include all the music they can from previous sims games. Lots of people would pay $10 for it and think they're getting an amazing bargain.

But you don't understand, nothing existed before Sims 4. lol So the songs are New! And Exciting!

Side note: I've gone back and added my favorites from Sims 2 and Sims 3 into my Sims 4 game, and disabled a lot of the songs that came with Sims 4.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Adios! I was the only one that commented on the Friday Highlight that they “missed a subject.”

I will probably get banned. 😍😍
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Adios! I was the only one that commented on the Friday Highlight that they “missed a subject.”

I will probably get banned. 😍😍

You won't get banned. Don't worry. :D I've been making a lot of noise about this game and I'm still here. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • simrhinosimrhino Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm glad that so many of you are voicing your justified frustration at pack content being cannibalized for updates. Please keep the pressure on the gurus to make this right. Perfect Patio needs a new hero object. Remember packs can be updated too! Recently, simplified Chinese was added as a language to the game and this required every pack to be patched.

I feel like I'm being trained not to keep supporting this game. Better to wait and see what future updates bring before getting any more packs, right? Once development stops I can make an informed decision as to which packs (if any) are worth their price.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

They. Just. Don't. Care. It's not a mistake to them because they said don't expect much.

All they care about is future simmers and one's they've picked up over the course of 3 or 4. And those they want to invest in 5. It's about the money and getting new investors for year 25/30. Those new investors wouldn't have a clue about the origins of the Sims. They are marketing to a brand new generation.

This. 🙏
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top