Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbella is mostly what SOME OF US feel...

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I was a bit peeved to read point three in this article...it's not entirely up to date, but still speaks for itself.

I mean, what gives? I suppose EA's reputation is what it is for a very good reason.
    Yeah that sums it up well. SimGuruGraham confirmed Sims 4 initially being an online game that was changed to offline because of SimCity. Why the news about the Sims 5 is so upsetting too. It is history repeating itself.

@Simpatsyann Exactly he turned it down. I know with the EA playtesting program it is the same. Doesn't help fixing bugs saying nothing is wrong with the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    all things aside. I think she's the most funny and honest sims YouTuber.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    One would think that any one with a little knowledge about marketing would sense that this is not good, we better make a poodle, and issue a statement we did wrong and we are learning from our misstake
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    A lot of simmers on youtube (not just game changers) are expressing their frustration and disappointment. And like many have already said, it's because of the love and passion that we feel for the Sims. Many of us have been here since the start. We helped EA get to where they are today (Sim wise), without the players this series wouldn't have made it as far as it has. And for them to give us a reskinned hot tub and a "gift" has really soured a lot of players. It's a slap in the face.

I think someone pointed out that for the 15th (?) anniversary for World of Warcraft their celebration lasted from November until January. They brought back old quest. Old bosses. Exclusive skins that hadn't been released in years. They gave xp and possibly gold to each player's characters. WoW allows players to have up to 50 characters I believe. Each one got that gift. And they did a few other things, as a Thank You to players who've supported them. Built a community, and helped make the game what it is today. And they wanted to celebrate.

And, yeah, I get that they don't owe us anything. But it's 20 years. 20 years. I think everyone should be celebrating, and at least some recognition to those who helped the achieve that would have been nice. Just really makes me sad.

**When I say them, I mean EA higher ups, not the Devs or Sims team.

My husband and I were just comparing the 2 anniversaries over dinner tonight. In WoW we also all got free pets and mounts (along with everything else you've mentioned). Sure there was some extra things to do to get the mount, but... that was part of the fun. Blizzard/Activision is usually the bad guy these days, but they obviously paid some staff to create these quests, models and bring back some of the stuff from the past that we loved before. It was nostalgic to play through some of that again, and it was fun. World of Warcraft didn't owe their players anything either, but they gave them a party and free things that will last after the party is over.

EA missed a big opportunity here.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Twixxie1602Twixxie1602 Posts: 15 Member
    @Gordy

I was waiting for it! I knew it was only a matter of time before she spoke up.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

More succinct points have been made in a 85-word forum post idk why this had to be 12 minutes.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Wow, the fact that she literally re-made the ugly hot tub with already exciting build stuff in 10 seconds was just.....it really emphasizes just how pathetic this anniversary 'gift' was.

I agree with her and the other game changers that have talked out how disappointing this is. This was the worst way to have an anniversary for a 20 year long series. There was no effort, no love, no honor, and no respect for the series as a whole or to the community who have allowed it to last as long as it has.

That made me cringe. I was like wow soooo the gift took like 3 seconds for them to make...LOL
    lilsimsie weighs in.

For once I actually agree with her.

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited February 2020
    Camkat wrote: »
    lilsimsie weighs in.

For once I actually agree with her.

Me too...I usually don't....she just...rubs me the wrong way...I don't know why.
  • EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    Meh.. "Influencers.." Making Money over creating drama for people to watch..

I'm not going to watch the video because I dont honestly care what someone else's opinion on the Anniversary is and I dont need them to tell me some reason they feel to get worked up on either..

Rely less on Influencers like this and use critical thinking to form your own opinion..

I wasnt really expecting any items for the 20th, A Hot Tub? Cool, more than happy to get something free. There were a bunch of Maxis created content uploaded to the Gallery recently too. And the graphic with all the stats was pretty interesting.

The Sale featured less content than what was seen last year which seemed off being the 20th but I already own all the content and really a better sale would of only mattered for gifting content to friends who have been kind enough to do the same for me.

I've played since the very first and it's amazing it's been 20 years, looking forward to what comes next.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I watched the 1st couple of minutes and it seemed to me that she was turning the blame for the disappointment back on to the simmers as in we always expect too much and do it to ourselves. I shut it off at that point.

I totally disagreed with that.
    fullspiral wrote: »

I watched the 1st couple of minutes and it seemed to me that she was turning the blame for the disappointment back on to the simmers as in we always expect too much and do it to ourselves. I shut it off at that point.

I totally disagreed with that.

I did too....:/ like...?

I'm not going to watch the video because I dont honestly care what someone else's opinion on the Anniversary is and I dont need them to tell me some reason they feel to get worked up on either..

Rely less on Influencers like this and use critical thinking to form your own opinion..

I wasnt really expecting any items for the 20th, A Hot Tub? Cool, more than happy to get something free. There were a bunch of Maxis created content uploaded to the Gallery recently too. And the graphic with all the stats was pretty interesting.

The Sale featured less content than what was seen last year which seemed off being the 20th but I already own all the content and really a better sale would of only mattered for gifting content to friends who have been kind enough to do the same for me.

I've played since the very first and it's amazing it's been 20 years, looking forward to what comes next.

I thought it before it was said by them in the video. The fact that you think people who disagree with you and watch some youtubers can't think without the influencers is rather offensive, so is the implication that we didn't already think this before we saw the videos.

What is great about these game changers speaking up is that EA actually listens to them. We can have ideas and feedback, happiness and disappointments but they take no notice or seem to care until a GC backs us up. :/

I thought it before it was said by them in the video. The fact that you think people who disagree with you and watch some youtubers can't think without the influencers is rather offensive, so is the implication that we didn't already think this before we saw the videos.

What is great about these game changers speaking up is that EA actually listens to them. We can have ideas and feedback, happiness and disappointments but they take no notice or seem to care until a GC backs us up. :/

hate this whole "not gonna listen to influencers opinions..." when it's NOT just them having the same opinion....like....seriously?

hate this whole "not gonna listen to influencers opinions..." when it's NOT just them having the same opinion....like....seriously?

Not even considering some of these threads are older than their videos... not this particular one, but there's others about this anniversary and people were vocal before Plumbella (or any other) made a video. They made the videos because people were vocal! *facepalm*
  • BoyfriendBoyfriend Posts: 19 Member
    Seriously. I wouldve rather them done NOTHING instead of picking up the perfect patio stuff pack and slapping us accross the face with it. Like wow. Im sure glad i spent money on "exclusive" gameplay for it to no longer be exclusive. That was honestly so bogus of them, its not like they're going to give us another exclusive item to offset the devaluing of our purchase.
    Boyfriend wrote: »
    Seriously. I wouldve rather them done NOTHING instead of picking up the perfect patio stuff pack and slapping us accross the face with it. Like wow. Im sure glad i spent money on "exclusive" gameplay for it to no longer be exclusive. That was honestly so bogus of them, its not like they're going to give us another exclusive item to offset the devaluing of our purchase.

I actually agree with this.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

And this is why the Game Changers shouldn't exist. There was no one this nonsense with Sims or Sims 2. Not sure with Sims 3, I really wasn't that active on the forums and stuff until closer to the end of the Sims 3, though I was playing it along with Sims 2.

I miss the good old days when the devs would talk with us, hang out in the forums, and actually take our feedback, suggestions, and the like to heart. They worked with ALL players, not just a select few whom they deemed worthy of speaking for the whole mass of players. That is what rubs me the most with GC's. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the majority of them are awesome people and avid simmers. Heck, I'm even friends with one, and we play other games together, along side sharing our sim stories.

We already have a collective voice, we don't need others to speak for us. I feel they have purposely silenced out voices. Not just here on the forums, but on other social media sites. And for me that speaks volumes. It's as if those of us who aren't given the GPs, SPs, and EPs for free, but pay with out money is less important. We all should be heard equally.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

And this is why the Game Changers shouldn't exist. There was no one this nonsense with Sims or Sims 2. Not sure with Sims 3, I really wasn't that active on the forums and stuff until closer to the end of the Sims 3, though I was playing it along with Sims 2.

I miss the good old days when the devs would talk with us, hang out in the forums, and actually take our feedback, suggestions, and the like to heart. They worked with ALL players, not just a select few whom they deemed worthy of speaking for the whole mass of players. That is what rubs me the most with GC's. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the majority of them are awesome people and avid simmers. Heck, I'm even friends with one, and we play other games together, along side sharing our sim stories.

We already have a collective voice, we don't need others to speak for us. I feel they have purposely silenced out voices. Not just here on the forums, but on other social media sites. And for me that speaks volumes. It's as if those of us who aren't given the GPs, SPs, and EPs for free, but pay with out money is less important. We all should be heard equally.

But I get the BIGGEST feeling, they don't like us who are on the forums...we are toxic claiming one guru (this hurts me SO much!)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member

During the halcyon days of the earlier games social media was no where near as prevalent and popular as it is now. Companies are doing all they can to take advantage of social media and influencer marketing.

80% of marketers find influencer marketing effective. 71% of marketers rate the quality of customers and traffic from influencer marketing as better than other marketing sources. 89% of marketers say influencer marketing ROI is as good or better than other marketing channels.

https://mediakix.com/blog/influencer-marketing-effectiveness/
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member

I am not "influenced" by these YouTubers at all. I am in fact glad that they are speaking up on a platform for those of us who don't have the same outreach as they do. Just because there are people who agree with them and how poorly the veteran community is being treated, doesn't mean we are somehow influenced by them.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

During the halcyon days of the earlier games social media was no where near as prevalent and popular as it is now. Companies are doing all they can to take advantage of social media and influencer marketing.

80% of marketers find influencer marketing effective. 71% of marketers rate the quality of customers and traffic from influencer marketing as better than other marketing sources. 89% of marketers say influencer marketing ROI is as good or better than other marketing channels.

https://mediakix.com/blog/influencer-marketing-effectiveness/

And that's really sad. They pay others to "influence" people to buy their products instead of someone doing it the old fashioned way. That is social conditioning. But that will derail the whole discussion in this thread, and I don't want to do that.

But I get the BIGGEST feeling, they don't like us who are on the forums...we are toxic claiming one guru (this hurts me SO much!)

Oh yeah. Because so many are passionate about the game and actually care. They are labeled toxic. But it is what it is. Still not drinking the Kool Aid. looool
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

More succinct points have been made in a 85-word forum post idk why this had to be 12 minutes.

From what I've heard, YouTube pays more for longer videos. Which is why a lot of content creators (not just within The Sims community) have videos that take one point and stretch it into 15 minute videos.

Personally, I think they should just rename Game Changers to EA Ambassadors. Calling them game changers makes the vast majority feel as if their opinion means less than people who upload videos of themselves playing the game. We all know they're in that program to advertise over all else. Every time I've watched James Turner's Sims 4 videos, he runs into an overwhelming amount of bugs and glitches in his game, especially Sims not listening to his commands. If this truly were a game changer program, I feel they would've been able to use their platform to really nudge EA to do something about the bugs in this game.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

From what I've heard, YouTube pays more for longer videos. Which is why a lot of content creators (not just within The Sims community) have videos that take one point and stretch it into 15 minute videos.

Personally, I think they should just rename Game Changers to EA Ambassadors. Calling them game changers makes the vast majority feel as if their opinion means less than people who upload videos of themselves playing the game. We all know they're in that program to advertise over all else. Every time I've watched James Turner's Sims 4 videos, he runs into an overwhelming amount of bugs and glitches in his game, especially Sims not listening to his commands. If this truly were a game changer program, I feel they would've been able to use their platform to really nudge EA to do something about the bugs in this game.
    I wouldn't mind that name change. I've heard so many times of EA Game Changers saying not to be misunderstood by the title that they can't actually change the game. I don't completely agree with that video but I do appreciate she takes the credit for hyping up the community. I feel like she feels torn even by her own reaction calling others negative, but like the rest of us she was sad and upset too. I do think people have to remember be you EA Playtester or EA Game Changer or a Simmer, doesn't make anyone better than anyone else. We all can have the same reaction and I think in this case, majority of Simmers were disappointed by the anniversary and many of us do face things behind the scenes too. I also have a father who is currently fighting cancer.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller