Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should they realease sims 2 ,and sims 1?

I think it would be nice .

Comments

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I'd love a re-relase of TS1. Despite trying everything that I read, I can't get TS1 to play nice with Windows 10. I downloaded the fix but I need to have a look at it again. I tried again last night just for nostalgia purposes but it ends up freezing on me after a few minutes.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    yes, i would like them ro re-release those 2 for free.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I was lucky enough to get the Sims 2 Ultimate when they were giving out for free to people that registered their Sims 2 games and have been wishing they would do the same with the Sims 1 ever since. It be an amazing gift to those who never got to play it before and people like me who struggle to get it to run on Windows 10. I feel like they would need to do something with the Sims 1 soon because the issues are only going to get worse on each generation of computers that come out.
    edited February 2020
    Yes I have TS2 UC too. I never had 2 before because RL took me on a bit of an adventure during that era and I only started playing Sims again during the 3 era. I missed all of 2 so I got the UC when it was offered free around the time TS4 was released, so I'm glad I have that. But I am sad that I can't get TS1 to work with 10, it would be great if it was released again. With TS1, I can only load a household up for a few minutes and it starts to freeze, then it crashes. I still have my old FAM files too but the only thing I can do is look at them for a few minutes before it becomes unplayable and crashes. :(
  • ScorpionsVanityScorpionsVanity Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes absolutely, I miss both of those games so much.
  • EllePlumBoEllePlumBo Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes, I still have all the disc of all the generations of all games.....so would there be a way to get a discount or free if I already paid for it and can prove I have them
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'd love for these 2 back. I really thought with the 20th anniversary they'd have them back, at least to buy, but nope. I would pay for them too, I know work would have to go into them to make them compatible for Win10.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    I would love a Sims 1 release but I doubt if it's possible to do that. The game is really old and I don't know if it could be working anno 2020
    edited February 2020
    EllePlumBo wrote: »
    Yes, I still have all the disc of all the generations of all games.....so would there be a way to get a discount or free if I already paid for it and can prove I have them

I am not sure but I think you can still request a copy of TS2 UC if you can prove you own it. You have to contact customer support. I had to do that when my Sims Medieval disc wouldn't work with Windows 10. I had the main game on disc but P&N on digital. I contacted support, and I was asked to take a picture of my disc next to my game code and they added a digital copy to my library free of charge. I think you can still do that with TS2 too.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    > @Finvola said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I am not sure but I think you can still request a copy of TS2 UC if you can prove you own it. You have to contact customer support. I had to do that when my Sims Medieval disc wouldn't work with Windows 10. I had the main game on disc but P&N on digital. I contacted support, and I was asked to take a picture of my disc next to my game code and they added a digital copy to my library free of charge. I think you can still do that with TS2 too.

I did that also. There was a youtube tutorial how to get in touch with the support and get the game.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I still have my entire Sims 2 collection as well as the UC that a very kind fellow Simmer gifted to me. I tried to play the UC once but the game crashed in ten minutes and all of the Sims had a permanent black rectangle under them. I've heard that there are ways to fix this but I just haven't gotten to doing the research. I would be elated if the game was tweaked to run better on Windows 10. I think it would be totally worth it to do this for Sims 1 as well. Then all of the players who came in for later games could have a chance to try out the originals and see for themselves how it all began. I never played Sims 1 myself and I'd love to get a chance to play with it.
    #Team Occult
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I have all discs but would love to be able to get them setup online. I don't have the original installed on this computer but I do have UC setup on Origin. Runs fairly well but have learned to save often.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Yes I would love to be able to play them both again. I miss ts2 so much.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    Jinkx wrote: »
    I would love a Sims 1 release but I doubt if it's possible to do that. The game is really old and I don't know if it could be working anno 2020

There's a lot of older games from this era over on GOG (Good Old Games) so I'm sure they could get TS1 to work if they wanted to.

• JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2020
    I am also lucky to have TS2 Ultimate Collection. I would love if they re-released the Sims 1 and gave it to everyone for free (like TS2 Ultimate Collection) and made it work on modern computers. I think a lot of sims fans including me would really appreciate it!

Edit: It would also be great if they could do the same thing for TS2 Ultimate Collection again for everyone who missed out!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I would love it if my sims 2 would run well on windows 10. I managed to get the black rectangles sorted (shadow levels) but I seem to remember other reasons why I couldn't play it well.

I also have all the discs of sims 1, but no way to play them :'(
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would love to be able to have Sims 2 entire collection! I would pay for it again!
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    I would love to get The sims complete collection and also love if I could get the sims 2 UC working on my windows 10 pro I had the same issues as @LiELF with it crashing. Would love to get help with installing the sims complete collection as I own it but I’m not great with files and what goes where 😞
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I already have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin, which I feel very lucky to have lol. It runs pretty well on my Windows 10 PC as well, I just play it in compatibility mode and everything's good.

It would be really nice if they put the original Sims on there though, so I could have all my Sims games in one place and not have to rely on physical copies. Heck, if they released it with all the DLC included, I'd happily pay for it so long as the price is reasonable.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I would love this.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Would very much like that as well even though I have UC (and got it to run well thanks to forum members), and an old (over 20 years) XP machine that runs both TS1 & TS2. To have these classics available to everyone - even if not free - would be wonderful!
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited February 2020
    I don't think it be possible for them to do TS1 as Maxis were the ones that released TS1 and during the making of TS2 their office had a fire. To be able to make TS2 they joined with EA. I believe everything was lost in the office fire as they had to remake TS2 from scratch. So I don't think they have any of the files or coding for TS1 as it was all probably lost in the office fire.
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    I don't think it be possible for them to do TS1 as Maxis were the ones that released TS1 and during the making of TS2 their office had a fire. To be able to make TS2 they joined with EA. I believe everything was lost in the office fire as they had to remake TS2 from scratch. So I don't think they have any of the files or coding for TS1 as it was all probably lost in the office fire.

I'm pretty sure this a rumour based on the fact that a fire did destroy Will Wright's home. The story was mixed up or exaggerated over the years but I think the fire was even before he worked on TS1 and the whole restarting TS2 from scratch because of a fire seems to be false.

Even if it were true, discs exist out there. The whole collection is still out there, you can find people selling them pretty easily on the internet. They could use that if they really needed to I'm sure.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Hmm maybe we can make a petition for them to realesed the games.It would have a small chance in succeeding.If we get enough simmers showing that they are interested in a release ?It might make them take a look?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Hmm maybe we can make a petition for them to realesed the games.It would have a small chance in succeeding.If we get enough simmers showing that they are interested in a release ?It might make them take a look?

I think that's a great idea! I'm up to that!