Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is World Adventures worth buying?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Yes
    @AlexaKry I use the Epic Spawner - it is a mod I got somewhere. It spawns all the insects.

If I need the pink Glowy butterflies I will also place it's spawner somewhere on the home lot and I also occasionally add the Will O'The Wisp spawners in my home world if I don't want to travel anywhere.

I won't travel just to satisfy a wish or opportunity. I will go and satisfy wishes or opportunities if I decide it's time to take the sims off world and do some exploring. Buy some recipes etc. But, not to buy martial arts equipment or other items.

I have my two Savvy Seller stores that are in my studio for download. I have edited the versions I use in my own games and have added all the chests, martial arts equipment, and whatever else can be purchased when traveling in any of the 3 WA worlds. So there is really no need for my sims to travel unless I decide it's time to take a little trip. The versions of the stores on the Exchange have some of the WA items but not everything. I can't remember if I have the nectary register in the version I loaded to the Exchange or not. If not, I've added it to the version I play with myself.

The need for the pink Glowy butterflies is for some custom elixirs I have from another mod - don't remember where I got it either. If I remember correctly, the Glowy butterflies are needed for an elixir that turns a horse into a unicorn.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    I love World Adventures! As it is, it's fun but it's more like "work" with big rewards however and a LOT of new stuff to discover but with other expansions and store content you can truly make it a vacation experience or give you time with your sim's family members. Children can go there as well and you can have a second home or just camp. The campgrounds are private and with a little editing they can be fun.

With the use of Errortrap and Overwatch, I no longer have the glitches or stuck sims.

Oh yea, my photographer set the hostel in France on fire, SHE (not me, her) was hoping for a death on vacation to grab the photo opp but her vacation ended with the hostel ablaze. She was able to capture the firefighter photo she needed. I need to go back and see if anyone died. Ironically or not, the paper the next day when she was at home talked about a fire in another city, funny stuff. She sells her photos for a living and she's doing VERY well using some strategy.
    Post edited by tallcoolone on
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Yes
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    Soon I´ll have a newly wed couple in my game, I´ve planned to travel with them to Isla Paradiso. Perhaps I should try out France again instead, just to verify my or everybody elses point of view! ;)
    :smiley: Don't be surprised if you come back and think the same as before. In my current main game, I have been to China dozens of times, to Egypt quite a few times specifically for tomb explorations, and France isn't part of that savegame yet (I managed to get Pangu's Axe without that trip to France in this game) :lol:
    I'm not sure whether real world associations aren't playing mind tricks with our perception here. A trip to Paris or the Côte d'Azur may be a great honeymoon trip in the real world, but I guess WA France needs some... work.
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Karritz : thanks for mentioning the epic spawners! The´ll help even more!
    I don´t know why I got the assumption that you travel to satisfy a whish or opportunity, sorry for that! :)

@Turjan : That´s my fear, that it´ll be the same as I knew! There´s always the opportunity to travel to Isla Paradiso if they (I) are (am) bored in France! :D
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Yes
    WA is my choosen method of getting rich. Plus I love the items and skills. If I could only have one EP installed, it’d be WA.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes
    @AlexaKry if several of my sims have wishes or opportunities in a WA world and I feel like going there I will and try to do some tombs or catch some of the local fish or whatever I decide to do but mostly I deny their wishes or opportunities to go once something more interesting or more lucrative pops up and needs the spot occupied by the WA wish. There have been periods of a year or more in the past when I haven't visited one of those worlds at all. Recently, with the video series I've been doing where the objective is to get the sims to collect every part of the tomb collection for each world I've been going there more often but mostly just with that one household. They've now got all of the tomb collection from China and Egypt and have 2 more to get in France. Then that playlist will be complete. It's the second playlist for the Isla Paraidso Bunch.

Another of my households, from the Big Game, has done a lot of adventuring and got a Mummy added to the household when they constructed a sarcophagus and did whatever they had to do to get the mummy. I forget what it is now. Mummies move very slowly but theirs makes a good babysitter.

• Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    @Surreal : I change all the worlds I play in to my liking, as you do. :) But I don´t do this with the 3 WA worlds. I don´t know why, perhaps, because I would have to change soo much, because there isn´t anything in this world but the tombs and the markets.

I can't build to save my life, but I'm pretty good at merging families to give me a vacant house that can be used for other things. ;)

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Yes
    Although I don't much care for the tomb exploration or quests, I don't mind visiting the vacation worlds because they have some very pretty elements and a little down-time for my sims isn't such a bad thing. I don't need my sims to be doing exciting things all the time. I have traveled extensively in my life and some of my best holidays were ones where I didn't have tons planned and spent relaxing time getting to know the people and enjoying the food and scenery. I guess I like my sims to live as I do - nothing too exciting, with quality time around family and food :p
    I do, however, love what the EP adds to the game even if my sims never set foot in one of the vacation worlds.
  • Options
    Javi182Javi182 Posts: 63 Member
    Yes
    The worlds alone are pretty great, and the new skills are cool too.