Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone playing with all dlc?

Comments

• AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    But I really would like to see how you answered your own questions! :p must be a bit like a soliloquy....
    If I get out of line and ban myself over there, I'm going to direct our webmaster to this thread and say I was dared to do it (or something like that) while trying to figure out how to regain access. :)

It will be a fun to read! 😆😜
    But why should you be banned? You would be just as helpful as always!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    I started out thinking “Yeah, I’m only interested in a few of these expansion packs. I’m only gonna get a few of them and only the ones that really interest me.” Yeeeah right ~sarcasm\~ I tried to keep it to that. But each little expanson pack had a little something that expanded my gameplay.

Late Night and Generations were my first two. They added Bridgeport (which I rarely play in and it came bundled with the base Sims 3 Game. Late Night also gave my sims the piano skill which as someone whose mother decided early on in life to make me play six hours of practice a day at the keyboard prompted me to torture my sims the same way. Generations added the ability for me to have many “generations” of family

Then I picked up Ambitions; why? Because I wanted to blow stuff up. Ambitions had det packs and well, I’ve always been into terrorizing my sims. Twinbrook isn’t bad too

I never thought I would get Supernatural because I thought I’m not interested in playing with occult. You wanna know why I got Supernatural? I got it because I hate having to pay someone else to cut my jewels and wait 24 hrs. I got it just to have the gem-cutter and be able to cut jewels myself. There was also a whole boatload of new plantables and collectibles.

I got Pets, that being an example of an expansion pack I wanted as the game didn’t feel complete without have little furry animals running around. Then I found out that the cats and dogs actually did something. dogs could hunt for gemstones and ore while the cats could bring home small animals. Now why my cat tries to bring home Malayan kraits, I don’t understand. Maybe it wants to kill me. Plus Appaloosa Plains is just an awesome world to play in.

The rest I can’t remember the order I got them in but Seasons was naturally for the weather because endlessly sunny days were starting to irritate the hell out of me. I wanted to see some rain and snow just like in real-life.

University Life was just so that I could send my sims to higher education and have my sim-self earn a degree which I personally don’t have.

World Adventures was for vacation worlds and a host of other things like Martial Arts and new recipes.

Into the Future was one that I only really needed for two things, the golfing tee where my sim could shoot golf balls off the tee stand and potentially get notified that he hit fifteen cars and scared a horse half to death and the soil rugs which come in handy for an apocalypse game save where I dig four floors underground and lock them inside while I turn turn their world into a hellscape.

Island Paradise was naturally for the boats and a potential tropical retreat for my sims.

And Showtime which I got last was mainly because I like torturing sim-mimes and the karaoke machine. As a former classical vocal major in a college music university transfer program, hearing sims sing made me cringe. And like LGR said, unfortunately, EA made no Katy Perry Sim. So luckily I didn’t cough up ten bucks extra for the Katy Perry edition. Maybe I would have made both her and her annoying ex-husband, Russell Brand, stuck them in a house together take away all the doors and toilets and watch them pee themselves. Hey anything for amusement.

So naturally, like I said, I started out intending to only get “a few packs that interest me and further my gameplay”. BWAHAHAHAHA!!! 🤣 YEAH, RIIIIIIGHT. SURE YOU WILL.

EA had other ideas and somehow, either through coercion or my just plain weak willpower on things sim-related, I stand here going on almost four years later with every single expansion pack in the Sims 3 and planning to complete the Stuff packs as well (of which I have one - High End Loft Stuff). I also am planning to hit the store for some DLC venues that I’ve been eyeing. And frankly knowing my past record in resisting, I don’t suppose that I will exit 2023 without owning the entire Sims 3 store. I will probably also have to seriously look at building a capable gaming computer to handle Sims 3 and any other highly graphics intensive game I intend to play from now on.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    I have everything but sweet treats. But I have a computer that can handle all of it. Load up time is 3-5 minutes. The only world my computer hates is Hidden Springs.. it hitches every few seconds in that world which is super annoying because it's a beautiful world.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited January 2020
    Currently have all EP's except Island Paradise, four SP's, a bit of CC and several Store items installed. I brought the game in August 2017 when I got my laptop as a birthday present (along with Seasons, Supernatural and Generations). Nearly a year later I decided to get World Adventures (to give my Households something to do after Graduation and before they start their Careers and families), then in October 2018 I purchased Ambitions (so that I can give some Sims the option of becoming self-employed) and Late Night (For the piano skill as well as plenty of nightclubs) then shortly after that, in December 2018, I brought Showtime (For the Genies and the Banana plant). Then last year I brought University Life (Again, to give my Young Adults the chance to go to University and the harvestables that came with EP's) and Pets (Not just for the world and animals but also for the Carrot harvestables) and at the same time I brought Movie Stuff and Outdoor Living (Movie Stuff for the Wild West clothing, and Outdoor Living as half my Sims tnd to have the "Loves the Outdoors" Trait) and the most recent purchases were 70's 80's and 90's Stuff and Fast Lane Stuff (For the decor and the cars respectively; I want to create a "Millionaire with a collection of cars" eventually) I'm still thinking about getting either Town Life or High End Loft Stuff next. One of my goals is to get every harvestable in The Sims 3 (I have completed the ones that came with the Base Game and the EP's as well as the Bohemian Garden harvestables.) I plan to get nearly everything from the Sims 3 eventually (EP's, SP's and Store). I am hoping I have all EP's and SP's by early 2021. Getting the Store items will be two or three years after that, but I am looking at buying an USB Stick to put the Store items I own on in case my laptop have big problems in the future.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    I def recommend getting High End Loft stuff next @Sleepstar , that's the first SP I bought and 4-5 SPs later it's still the one I use the most!
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited February 2020
    telmarina wrote: »
    I think i have to get NRaas. Ive been hearing a lot about it :)
    I keep hearing things about NRaas as well and have been meaning to try this stuff out myself some day. :)

*Gives igazor the patented Gibbs back-of-the-head smack*

You have to realize that igazor has tongue-in-cheek syndrome. It probably makes it difficult for him to talk, but it doesn't affect his typing at all. lol

Definitely check out the Nraas suite. Along with fixing some crazy bugs, it adds a whole new dimension to the game. I still say EA owes Twallan and everyone over at Nraas a great deal for saving their game. EA may not be grateful, but I sure am.

Oh - and to answer your question (ahem) I have all EPs, most SPs and a great deal of store content. Not all of it, but close. My game runs fine (with Nraas support of course). Do I still encounter bugs? Occasionally. But I'm able to either work them out or work around them (with Nraas support of course), so nothing game breaking. Caveat: I've recently purchased a new computer so.... YMMV.
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Into the Future was one that I only really needed for two things, the golfing tee where my sim could shoot golf balls off the tee stand and potentially get notified that he hit fifteen cars and scared a horse half to death and the soil rugs which come in handy for an apocalypse game save where I dig four floors underground and lock them inside while I turn turn their world into a hellscape.

@Nikkei_Simmer - The golf driving range actually came with Showtime, not Into The future. It's best to get the facts straight.

r3VtW4d.jpg
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I have everything but Sweet Treats and my copies are a mix of digital and discs.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    I have all EPs and SPs installed including Sweet Treats. I have a mix of digital and disk but when the game got tied to Origin and patch 1.69 came about I moved to a totally disk installation. I had purchased the disk versions of my digital games in 2014 when the local games stores were selling them cheaply due to the impending release of Sims 4 and my lack of trust that EA wouldn't mess with the game if I was locked into the digital versions.

I also have purchased everything I could get from the store. I'm not sure of what percentage of the store I own but it is probably about 99%. There were a few freebies I missed in the beginning as I had only the old dial up internet connection originally and didn't often go online to see what was happening back then.

Since Sims 4 was released I started adding CC and mods to my game. I have about 3 GB installed.

My game runs happily but I do have a reasonably powerful computer. It isn't strictly a gaming computer as I wanted it more for multitasking as I do a lot of work with pictures for my YouTube and other things.

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited February 2020
    Or how much dlc you got without lagging?

I have only 3 eps (seasons, generations and late night). The game runs smoothly but i wish i could buy one or two more...

I have all the eps and only master suite, town life(just got it last night) and outdoor living stuff, though I have my eye on buying a new stuff pack. I'm just not sure which one, as I love them all. But I also have a lot of custom content(and mods) so my game gets laggy after some time.
    Post edited by HillyBeth on
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I have most EPs apart from Into the Future, although I may get that one day for the soil rugs. I very rarely play as vampires or werewolves, they’re just not my style, I go for fairies or normal Sims. I then have High-End Loft Stuff (which is called Design and High Tech here in Europe), Fast Lane Stuff, Outdoor Living Stuff, Town Life Stuff and Master Suite Stuff. I don’t really use Isla Paradiso, which I’m not too bothered about. I just enjoy having the wider range of items and clothing.
    I didn’t have much store content until recently, and that was mostly clothing. Now, I have a fair amount, including Sunlit Tides and Lucky Palms (I like both those worlds) and more objects. I plan to get Monte Vista soon, mainly for the pizza oven, and a few more items such as the teppanyaki grill (one of my Sims in one save is a chef, so I’d like for her to have loads of different appliances she can use for really expanding her repertoire!)

I also didn’t have any mods until fairly recently, but I do now! Overwatch and ErrorTrap are pretty useful. I don’t really adjust the settings for the others that much, apart from setting newborn baby gender to “random” as opposed to “balanced” (so that the apples/watermelons thing still works, if I want it to) and only getting notifications about friends and relatives (as opposed to everyone).
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    ...I go for fairies or normal Sims...
    My fairies read this, they are not pleased and would like to know if it could be phrased a bit differently. To them, a sim is not "normal" if they lack wings, an affinity for social interactions with plants, and the ability to cast an aura. :angry::p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2020
    I have all DLC and no lag, never had (game not responding while he clock keeps ticking). Not when I played without mods and not now that I do. The mods I have help with the routing issues and they cause freezing, not lag (I mention this because I often see people confusing the two). I played a generation and some more in IP and that world is notorious for freezing issues (regardless how many other packs you have installed). Errortrap and Overwatch are helpful for that. Also because at one point I noticed NRaas kept mentioning one of the Scotts was in trouble, so when I got fed up I moved the Scotts from their houseboat to a normal house and the freezes were history.

What does cause lag apparently is when you download loads of CC. I understand for many CC is part of the hobby, but maybe you could sort of organize it. Download it but only install what you use at the moment. Not all.
    My fairies read this, they are not pleased and would like to know if it could be phrased a bit differently. To them, a sim is not "normal" if they lack wings, an affinity for social interactions with plants, and the ability to cast an aura. :angry::p
    Lol, and where I said ‘normal house’ in no way did I want to offend houseboats, they’re great :p:#
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited February 2020
    I guess you don't have a Helsing society in your town, which doesn't stop at words.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    I guess you don't have a Helsing society in your town, which doesn't stop at words.

A Helsing Society? I love it.
    edited February 2020
    Surreal wrote: »
    Turjan wrote: »

A Helsing Society? I love it.

NRaas Story Progression, VampiresAndSlayers module. Mortimer Goth's (a vampire in my game) home gets torched roughly every second day. Witches are also targets for item destruction, and there are lots of less than pleasant notices. Not sure about fairies though, as I don't have any in town.

I assume the module was written mostly as reaction to Moonlight Falls, where the chance of getting set on fire or frozen to ice blocks by witches is relatively high, as is that of getting intimidated by vampires. Fairies can certainly also be a PITA.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    I keep hearing things about NRaas as well and have been meaning to try this stuff out myself some day. :)

@Igazor ^
    giphy.gif

My goodness I love your wit! :lol:

But to the OP: I play on a gaming computer with Windows 10 with all the EP's installed except Supernatural and ITF (I'll add them in eventually) and only 2 Stuff Packs and many store items and 2.5 GBs of CC. :mrgreen: The game runs pretty darn good for me! Guess I am nervous to add any more to it for fear that it will get laggy like on my old computer (Windows 7). I actually had to take out Seasons and Pets for a time on there because of the lag, but I missed them too much that I just dealt with a little lagginess until I got this new computer. :blush:

I'm very much disliking Windows 10 though... :angry:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @igazor there are some options on master commander or maybe story progression (i can't remember which one...) where i think you can set a specific occult population to zero, right? I mean, i love bb and cas from supernatural pack, and i also like witches, but i don't want any other occult in my game. Can i completely avoid some specific occults with nraas mods?
    edited February 2020
    @igazor there are some options on master commander or maybe story progression (i can't remember which one...) where i think you can set a specific occult population to zero, right? I mean, i love bb and cas from supernatural pack, and i also like witches, but i don't want any other occult in my game. Can i completely avoid some specific occults with nraas mods?

NRaas StoryProgression comes with maximum townwide population ratio settings for the various occult types, the caps are for animal species. But a 0 in either case would mean there is no maximum. If what you are after are master on/off switches, wouldn't it be simpler to switch the unwanted occults off from within EA's built-in game options?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

NRaas StoryProgression comes with maximum townwide population ratio settings for the various occult types, the caps are for animal species. But a 0 in either case would mean there is no maximum. If what you are after are master on/off switches, wouldn't it be simpler to switch the unwanted occults off from within EA's built-in game options?

Yes, im after on/off switches. My experinece with ea switches is not good. Ive switched celebrities and vampires off and both keep showing in my game...
    edited February 2020

Yes, im after on/off switches. My experinece with ea switches is not good. Ive switched celebrities and vampires off and both keep showing in my game...
    Hmm. Switching off the celebrity system that way doesn't actually shut it all down (for that SP and some of its fancier settings are indeed required as well). We could help you with that better at NRaas if you wish to revisit it.
    https://www.nraas.net/community/The-Celebrity-System#How-To-Disable-the-Celebrity-System-Completely

Not sure why new vamps would keep showing up though if Off in Game Options unless possibly they already existed in the world at the time as they would in Bridgeport or Moonlight Falls? But anyway, you could in addition to switching them off have SP's Occult Ratios set to 0 (corrected as per below) really low (like 1, but not 0...am not sure if -1 would be read as a valid entry) so there sure won't be many. In a world of let's say 125 residents, a ratio of 1 for one of the occult states would mean there is a maximum of 1.2, so that's fewer than 2 such sims. That's not 0, but it's pretty close and no new ones could be born or turned in-game while the ratio is exceeded. By default, there shouldn't be any occults among incoming resident immigrants or homeless NPCs.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited February 2020

@igazor The recommended NRaas Story Progression setting for unwanted occults in Town Occult Ratio is actually "0", if you really want SP not to produce any occults at all and "cure" occult babies at birth. See here.

The behavior differs from the one for pets, where "0" means "unlimited", as you said.
    @Turjan - I stand corrected. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    @igazor , @Turjan this is so great news! I already have nraas in my game so this is great! Many thanks!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited February 2020
    Surreal wrote: »
    I think i have to get NRaas. Ive been hearing a lot about it :)

*Gives igazor the patented Gibbs back-of-the-head smack*
    @Surreal; Yes... an NCIS fan. 👍.

I’m a JAG fan here from a long time back
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Did a better version of JAG S1 Meg Austin than the one in the picture above)
    Tosh%2526Meg_EngagementPhoto.png
    Not sure if I liked the NCIS:LA twist on Harm/Mac’s relationship though but I can see how after what happened in Paraguay Season 8 opener.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~