Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Overused Simlish

Β«1
Any Simlish you are annoyed with?

I believe the following was added not that long ago, but find it to be annoyingly overused when my Sims talk:

- Moochy peachy

- Saguinario

Disclaimer: I don't know how it's actually spelled, but the above is what is sounds like to me.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Comments

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    There isn't any Simlish that annoys me, but there is a particular laugh-like vocal that really just sounds like a distressed moan, even though everything is fine, that grates my nerves. It's a common sound while Sims are chatting so I hear it all the time.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    This is why they need to re-implement the Interests system for more varied conversations and how well a Sim can get along with another.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    The only thing that comes to my mind is when Sims are trying to be funny, telling jokes and they make that chicken clucking sound. It's not Simlish, but it's annoying. It seems to be the only joke my Sims can tell. :/
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    LOL, Moochy peachy. Every time they say that, I think they're saying "Machu Picchu".
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited February 2020
    Vena wexa? Deezee wog.

Or whatever is the equivalent of "You like/do_____? Me too."
    That's what it seems like it should be translated to based on context. And then they do that arm motion with it too.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Simona's Arrow. I don't know who Simona is, and what's so special about her arrows, but they are mentioned in every conversation my sims have.

Chumcha. Apparently it means pizza, or just food in general, which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't say it while eating. I mean, how often do you sit at the table to eat and randomly say "food" in-between bites?

I'm still trying to figure out what Segloona means. At first I thought it had something to do with vampires, because they say it a lot when using their powers, but lately I've also been hearing non-occult sims say it in normal conversations.

Kimmer wrote: Β»
    The only thing that comes to my mind is when Sims are trying to be funny, telling jokes and they make that chicken clucking sound. It's not Simlish, but it's annoying. It seems to be the only joke my Sims can tell. :/

Definitely! It was funny at first, but got old fast.

Something else that isn't really a word, but still annoying, is when they keep shouting "Ha!" and "Wooow!" while repairing or upgrading household objects like toilets, as if that was some kind of heroic action. The Mario Brothers are plumbers and also superheroes - is that where this comes from?
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    edited February 2020
    I swear I heard my sims saying something like 'shine like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸' so many freaking times
    plum='beach'

The Sims Game
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited February 2020
    Lol, I recognize several of your Simlish words/sentences :D

Some female Sims say something at the end of talking that sounds like "Dumped my boyfriend" ...that's not annoying, though. Just funny.

But one that is very tormenting is by male Sims while in CAS who has the middle/warm masculine voice (like Johnny Zest) - they sound so incredibly dumb exclaiming "Ye Bozaa, Hahahaa!". I get a rash from hearing that.

Also, flirty men with voices like Mortimer, Bjorn, and Marcus when they like throw their head and hand back and say "Bin Koya" ...or something. Females with voices like Bella Goth's also sing it when they shower... "Benusa, bin koya", perhaps?

It sounds pretty cool though when those same women also sing the catchphrase-ish "Kuno, kepuna, skuno metza!".

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Nindigo wrote: Β»
    Lol, I recognize several of your Simlish words/sentences :D

Some female Sims say something at the end of talking that sounds like "Dumped my boyfriend" ...that's not annoying, though. Just funny.

But one that is very tormenting is by male Sims while in CAS who has the middle/warm masculine voice (like Johnny Zest) - they sound so incredibly dumb exclaiming "Ye Bozaa, Hahahaa!". I get a rash from hearing that.

Also, flirty men with voices like Mortimer, Bjorn, and Marcus when they like throw their head and hand back and say "Bin Koya" ...or something. Females with voices like Bella Goth's also sing it when they shower... "Benusa, bin koya", perhaps?

It sounds pretty cool though when those same women also sing the catchphrase-ish "Kuno, kepuna, skuno metza!".

Lol benooza bin koya can either annoy me or entertain me depending on my mood.
    I’ve always wondered about the translation of that one.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited February 2020
    its not so much about words but I hate the shouting sims selling stuff
    because there is literally no reason for them to shout and it makes me angry

especially recently with that university cafeteria thing since at least with food stalls it made some sense

and I also hate the random sounds sims make while dancing etc like shut up

as for ts1 though that constant whistling made me so angry I still hear it in my head even if I haven't played ts1 in ages
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I am actually annoyed that is suddenly became a language. I mean, in The Sims 1 it had a totally different sound to it and now we have things like dag dag and sul sul.. i mean.. I cringe at it tbh.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    In TS3 I absolutely loved it when they broke stuff and said "Ah noob" :D

There was something they kept saying during my play tonight and I was sick of hearing it, but now I've forgotten what it was.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Turn up the sound on the stereo and watch for the blue baby icon. lol
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2020
    "Aaaag ganawl, oh oh" (singing in the shower)
    "Goonganay onsa" (on the phone)
    "Kincubaquayba?" (in a convo asking about interests)
    "Badeesh" (vendor handing over a food order)
    "Oo Oo brown neep!" (pointing at the sky while cloud/stargazing)

Everything they say when whining while taking a shower with a need in the red! Ug, I always turn the sound off when that happens. I mean, nobody whines and cries like that just because their hunger, social, fun or bladder is low. Our Sims can be such babies sometimes. lol

I wouldn't say these annoy me (except the whiny shower stuff), they're just so repetitive. After hearing them so many times, I know exactly what they're going to say next and find myself saying it along with them. Especially "Goonganay onsa". lol Can't remember at the moment what they say just before that, but I know "Goonganay onsa" is guaranteed next. Oh well... *shrugs*

Happy Simming! <3
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    "Wanna yaboo?"
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Kimmer wrote: Β»

Oh yes, when I played I tried very hard to not let my Sims pick up the humorous trait (can't think of what it's called at the moment). The chicken cluck with the hand movement is beyond annoying for any sim who isn't a child.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Don't get me wrong, I love Sims 4... but ALL OF IT lol! Though a real language would be worse. I just play with the sound off so it can't bother me, haha!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    "Talk like a pirate day" Simlish is awesome though. :P
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    LOL. I hear it as Wooni yaboo? I take it that it means 'wanna woohoo?' based on context.

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    It's not so much the language, it's the vendors shouting over and over and the chicken noises are my least favorite things to hear.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited February 2020
    There isn't any Simlish that annoys me, but there is a particular laugh-like vocal that really just sounds like a distressed moan, even though everything is fine, that grates my nerves. It's a common sound while Sims are chatting so I hear it all the time.

I think I know what you mean, I too has mixed feelings for a laugh line, I think only women say it.

Basically I think the conversations are good, always hoping new packs will add a few more lines to make the taking more diverse. But I can't stand all their arm waving while talking. No person I know do wave their hands this much in a conversation. I understand the programmers see it as the sim getting totally enthusiastic, it just gets too much. I can't even film a talking sim close up because they will not stay in the rrame but be all over. It would probably work only if they are sad, but well...

Adding: Also wish the talking guestures and mimic would match their personality a bit better. A shy sim should do less arm waving than an outgoing sim, ie.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited March 2020
    I can't figure it out, no matter how hard I try and listen, but it's something that only the adult female sims say. I remember when I was starting to play one of my sims families, whenever they were having a conversation with someone, that would be the continuous quote they'd say, like, nonstop. She has say it for so long that I've finally gotten used to it, but in the past, I grew deep annoyance to them... even barely getting that sentence out. I never knew when it was going to stop, so I just waited until I grew immune.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Right now, I usually don't zoom in close enough to hear what my Sims are saying, and when I do, I don't usually pay attention because I'm more focused on what they're doing, or trying to find the perfect angle for a screenshot. There's probably something, though.

Honourable mention goes to "Sul sul, nooboo!" when said by any Sim I'm not currently controlling, because more often than not, said nooboo is crying and the parents can't do anything about it because the "sul sul"-sayer is standing in the way. -_-
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Nindigo wrote: Β»
    Any Simlish you are annoyed with?

I believe the following was added not that long ago, but find it to be annoyingly overused when my Sims talk:

- Moochy peachy

- Saguinario

Disclaimer: I don't know how it's actually spelled, but the above is what is sounds like to me.

I actually played the game so much at one point I had to stop listening because the Simlish became annoyingly repetitive. Funny thing is repetitive noise is actually an interrogation technique so, not hard to imagine that Simlish gets annoying after so many hours. Okay, maybe that's not so funny, but yeah... the language definitely gets old after a few hundred hours of listening to it.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I hear the following...
    • Turned surpanouch
    • Up the back door
    • You from the north
    • shine like a beach
    • 🐸🐸🐸🐸 cor quo
    • freaky yibs, freaky yibs

Toddlers...
    • vee bee ay
    • ha ha ha goodbye
    • a bird chirping noise