Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 20th Anniversary and we only got this?

2...Next

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    asimbsim wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting anything at all, but I still managed to be disappointed. To me, it felt like the equivalent of having your 20th wedding anniversary, your partner knowing it was coming for AGES beforehand, and on the day they picked up a card and some dying flowers at the petrol station on the way home. I mean, yeah, it was something and shows some thought, so...thanks!? But... :/

I wonder...

I get why they released the patch when they did - to try to get PC/mac and Console in synch. Or at least I assume that's why they released that tiny patch. And with the galleries now being cross platform, keeping them in synch is important.

However, considering the size of the patch, I wonder if they had delayed the PC patch for a week, it wouldn't sting so much. The sims doesn't mean to me half of what it does to some of you, clearly, and even I was disappointed (mostly because I was hoping the patch would be bigger than because all we got in terms of new content was a hot tub, but I was still disappointed.) If the patch had been delayed, we wouldn't have associated it as closely with the anniversary, and so... while there still would be issues (it was small, and for some the hot tub is insulting) it wouldn't have been reinforced by the anniversary date.

I mean, sure, there still would have been nothing but a bunch of tweets on twitter and a blog post, but from what I've seen... that's kinda in keeping with what they did for 10 and 15 (for the Franchise. I understand that for the active games, the events were larger.)

Should we have gotten more? Arguably. Should we have expected more? Ah... I'm going to go with no.

I mean, Maxis/EA needs to know they seriously fumbled this, and people need a place to vent. But I feel comfortable saying that Maxis, at least, knows the first point. (The people who should care at EA probably don't.) I just hope there's enough delay before the next mess up for the venting to actually be useful for people.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting anything at all, but I still managed to be disappointed. To me, it felt like the equivalent of having your 20th wedding anniversary, your partner knowing it was coming for AGES beforehand, and on the day they picked up a card and some dying flowers at the petrol station on the way home. I mean, yeah, it was something and shows some thought, so...thanks!? But... :/

I wonder...

I get why they released the patch when they did - to try to get PC/mac and Console in synch. Or at least I assume that's why they released that tiny patch. And with the galleries now being cross platform, keeping them in synch is important.

However, considering the size of the patch, I wonder if they had delayed the PC patch for a week, it wouldn't sting so much. The sims doesn't mean to me half of what it does to some of you, clearly, and even I was disappointed (mostly because I was hoping the patch would be bigger than because all we got in terms of new content was a hot tub, but I was still disappointed.) If the patch had been delayed, we wouldn't have associated it as closely with the anniversary, and so... while there still would be issues (it was small, and for some the hot tub is insulting) it wouldn't have been reinforced by the anniversary date.

Yeah, I honestly think if they'd done nothing at all and released the tiny patch maybe a week from now, there would have been a general "oh..." feeling. But I think it felt like such a random, last minute, barely thought of gesture that felt a bit dismissive to the whole community.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    They always give us a Hot Tub every Sims they give us a new Hot Tub Wow I am so excited! I can hardly contain myself.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Expect nothing and you wont be disappointed.

Disagree, I expected nothing but I am still disappointed...most likely I am just very disappointed in this game.

Exactly the same. We got to a point where's there's not a strong enough word to describe how tired and fed up of this game and EAxis I am.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I wonder...

Yeah, I honestly think if they'd done nothing at all and released the tiny patch maybe a week from now, there would have been a general "oh..." feeling. But I think it felt like such a random, last minute, barely thought of gesture that felt a bit dismissive to the whole community.

"Dismissive" is the absolute perfect word to describe how I feel about it.
    #Team Occult
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited February 2020
    I don't care about anniversaries at all. Not for the game or IRL. But the hot tub was pretty lame. I don't hate it, but it was probably worse than nothing at all given it was supposed to be an anniversary gift. And I don't mind that BG now has a hot tub, that's not the point. However, I would have felt completely different if they had added the heart shaped hot tub from TS1. It's also just a hot tub, so nothing new, but it just would have been more meaningful. But due to the shape it would have required different animations, so it probably wasn't doable from a budget perspective.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    edited February 2020
    it's okay :) overwhelming is another way to say that something affects you strongly, and underwhelming is more or so a way to express disappointment. i guess in a way you could say that the new update is disappointingly overwhelming @Jordan061102
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @WaytoomanyUIDs ... that's what I think but others have good points also. I was not expecting anything. I was happy with the gift until I came to the forum. Now, I think I need a break from the forum. lol I support the disappointed Simmers! If you play The Sims you are a Simmer. Don't yell at me.

I am not disappointed. I just feel like something is missing in the game. Not sure what.
  • ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    i was expecting alot more as well but maybe the sims team was not expecting us to expect much which i don't see why they would think that
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I just read as OP being sarcastic with being 'overwhelmed'. LOL. I'm a native Eng speaker and I don't use 'overwhelming' as being upset. You learn something new everyday, I guess. :D

Anyways, didn't someone point out (on another thread) that this update was just the start of the celebration or something like that? I was expecting there would be one today too and for the rest of the week....but I guess not?

I'm not really sure it's meant as some would take it. It sounded more like, to get you started in your game celebration.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,584 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    I just read as OP being sarcastic with being 'overwhelmed'. LOL. I'm a native Eng speaker and I don't use 'overwhelming' as being upset. You learn something new everyday, I guess. :D

Anyways, didn't someone point out (on another thread) that this update was just the start of the celebration or something like that? I was expecting there would be one today too and for the rest of the week....but I guess not?

I'm not really sure it's meant as some would take it. It sounded more like, to get you started in your game celebration.

Yeah, I thought it was that too... But then someone else said otherwise, let me see if I can find it. Or maybe I just misread.

Never mind, I can't find it. 😫
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    simm621 wrote: »

I'm sure I misread that into meaning it was just the start of the celebration. Looking at it now I know it means just another way for my sims to party. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    Lookin' for a hot tub, baby this evenin'
    I need a hot tub, baby tonight
    I want a hot tub, baby this evenin'
    Gotta have a hot tub
    Gotta have a hot tub tonight
    :D
    Lookin' for a hot tub, baby this evenin'
    I need a hot tub, baby tonight
    I want a hot tub, baby this evenin'
    Gotta have a hot tub
    Gotta have a hot tub tonight
    :D

Lol!

And somehow...that's the perfect song (and era) for someone who uses a hot tub. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    @flippinmary @LiELF
    That would go good to this tune... :D

Lookin' for a hot tub
    Lookin' like we should
    We ain't braggin'
    A hot tub, that is good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM5-xFenaZI
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Everyone is upset over not getting something we were never told we were getting in the first place. People need to stop letting their imaginations run wild over getting huge features in a patch for the game.

My thoughts exactly...

EA owe you only what you're prepared to pay for.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Expect nothing and you wont be disappointed.

Disagree, I expected nothing but I am still disappointed...most likely I am just very disappointed in this game.

Exactly the same. We got to a point where's there's not a strong enough word to describe how tired and fed up of this game and EAxis I am.

It would seem that I got hooked on World of Warcraft again just in time to not care much about the anniversary. Lucky for me, I guess. I haven't opened up Sims 4 in a couple of weeks now.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Ayeffen wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Everyone is upset over not getting something we were never told we were getting in the first place. People need to stop letting their imaginations run wild over getting huge features in a patch for the game.

My thoughts exactly...

EA owe you only what you're prepared to pay for.

Yet even the paid content can sometimes fall short of the price.
    #Team Occult
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    It's not so much the item itself for me as I have most of the packs and there is more stuff than I could ever use. It's more the idea of it. Not many game franchises (or anything else for that matter) make it to their 20th anniversary. It's a major event and worthy of corresponding recognition. A hot tub (even if it had been totally new and so awesome it even made breakfast) isn't it. This is about 20 years, 4 games, and millions of simmers giving countless hours of their lives to something that they felt is/was meaningful. Such devotion is worthy of more.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2020
    Withdrawn
    Post edited by OEII1001 on
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Not to be snippy, sir, but have been on this steadily spiraling downward planet for nearly 3/4 of a century, so need no welcome to it. It appears that the point has been missed, for mere material object(s) are not the concern.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2020
    Not to be snippy, sir, but have been on this steadily spiraling downward planet for nearly 3/4 of a century, so need no welcome to it. It appears that the point has been missed, for mere material object(s) are not the concern.

There is no need for reception. We are what shall be. We stand on the ascent. Will you take it? Will you take it? Erit magnitudo! Erit magnitudo! Fine sir, fine sir.