Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many babies?

Comments

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    3-9
    I'm curious to see how the genetics play out. I don't feel one or two kids are representative.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Don only has 21 now. I overestimated.
    1VCSbKy.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    3-9
    I like large families. Personally speaking, I wanted 4-6 kids in RL, got four pregnancies, but lost a baby. Once all three surviving kids got married, I realized I had my six children. Funny how life works out sometimes. But, to the question at hand, I like the busy household for some strange reason. Most of my families end up with 5 children. My Cantrells always had 5. Brianna ends up having 5 and when I played out Erik in Sims3, my Rock Star ended up being the father of 5. No word on where I'll take him this iteration.

As for my ancestral save, the average household will have 10. That's just the way it was in the 18th century.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    1-2
    I don't want too many sims. 1 or 2 is usually enough to keep the family line going.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    1-2
    The first time I actually wanted to play with offspring in the sims was in the sims 2. I had a household with the maximum number of adult sims (was it 6, or 8 already in sims 2?) and decided I wanted to have two of them to try for a baby. I had a male sim bang a female sim so many times it became a tedious chore, but I didn't understand why she wouldn't get pregnant. It didn't occur to me that a baby would take up a 'character slot' in the household. Luckily, as if the game somehow processed what I was trying to do, 2 of my sims in that household died (horribly) in rapid succession, freeing up space for that female sim to finally get pregnant right after. Except, my male sim had plowed her fertile fields so many times that the household was immediately blessed with twins after a short pregnancy. Something I hadn't expected. Neither did I expect babies to be so high maintenance. Even with the two parents, the rest of the household, and a nanny looking after the twins, it was still a hassle for me and decided I didn't like to play with offspring in the sims.
    Then came the sims 4 and I was playing with a single male sim household. He got abducted by aliens and I was like, okay, sure, /shrug, whatever, could be adventurous. But after he got back, he started to have some suspicious emote-like text balloons. And when he ran off to the nearest toilet to puke one morning, it finally dawned on me that he could be pregnant. I was shocked and, like, no, no, no, I don't want that. This can't be happening! Sure enough, the next morning, my sim was sporting a pregnant belly. Apparently this shocked my male sim in game too as the next thing he did - autonomically - was: looking shocked at his belly, showing and emote balloon with an icon for having gained weight, ran to the treadmill that was in his bedroom, and started working out because he thought he'd gotten fat. That got me rofl for real, it was hilarious. I was also surprised that a pregnant belly in game looks different from a fat belly, though it looked rather comically on my guy with his six-pack stretched over it. The guy did get more used to being pregnant over the next three sim days (even though he had to pee a lot more than usual) and gave birth to a healthy alien baby boy. Of course I had forgotten to prepare a baby room, but a bassinet was instantly generated with the baby.
    Even though I hadn't planned on playing with a baby again, and my male sim was abducted, thoroughly "probed", probably without consent (although I'd imagine he enjoyed it), and had to go through a traumatizing pregnancy (it's not really a guy thing - nor is the option to breast feed the baby o_O), I still loved the cute little alien baby (this was before baby Yoda was a thing) and decided to keep him.
    Sadly when I moved that family to an apartment in San Myshuno, the bassinet with the baby bugged out and it got stuck on the corner of the street outside of the apartment building. The only way for me to solve that was to age up the baby to the child life stage (this happened before the existence of toddlers in the sims 4). They are now living happily ever after as townies in San Myshuno as I moved on to play other sims, but I still won't be going for babies anytime soon if it's my free choice.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    1-2
    If I play seriously I try to keep it at 1-2 so I can play all of them without needing to invite reaper over
    (because I don't want them to live uncontrolled random npc life)

but sometimes i get very bored of this and end up giving my sims way too many babies
    and not caring for any of them cause like whatever

atm I have triplets to deal with and its already making me mad cause I have grand storylines for all of them but p_p
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • cooldood555cooldood555 Posts: 82 Member
    10+
    I've tried for 100, but never gotten further than the mid-30s IIRC, except in a baby daddy challenge (I think he managed like 55 or something). I often have lots and lots of kids for my Sims, but usually end up going more than I can manage and cheat their motives a lot. Hey, the goal of the game is just to have fun, right? :tongue: I just love playing families, but I wish kids had more aspiration options. The same four over and over get tiring.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited February 2020
    3-9
    I grew up in a large family, and have a fairly large family of my own. Relatable I suppose :lol: . In the sims, 3 is commonly the minimum, but beyond that? Sky's the limit :sunglasses: .
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    1-2
    I tend to always play a single household, and that means a single house. If I have more than one child in the family, all siblings but one is moving out (and becomes unplayed Sims, so basic NPCs). Same reason I almost always end up moving out Elders.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    3-9
    Looking through my decades challenge family tree, I have a habit of making my sims have exactly 3 kids and then capping it there. I would love some variety in the family structure, but more than 3 kids is wayyyyy too much for my attention span, and less than three doesn't give me enough insight into genetic mixups.
    Here's a link to the family tree if anyone's interested: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/5c6af0385b7c410006442bf2
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The jump in the poll from 1-2 to 3-9 and then to over 100 is kind of...odd, but either way...

My sims never give birth to kids, I make all of my families in CAS completed, and they always have 3-4 children. I just prefer playing with larger families.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    3-9
    Nindigo wrote: Β»
    I'm curious to see how the genetics play out. I don't feel one or two kids are representative.

Yeah - that's where I went with my Founders' three kids. They all look similar, but different. Now I am pushing out into Generation 2, and seeing how much similarity (Sim-ilarity?) remains.

My hyper-reproductive couple were all about the genetics experiment, in fact.
  • BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    3-9
    I enjoy playing the perfect family type so three is my normal number
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • lacianalaciana Posts: 29 Member
    3-9
    1 - 6 per family, with an average of 4. I like to see how the genetics play out with certain families. The first baby I had in game is now a young adult and engaged to be married. :smiley:
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    1-2
    Often 0, sometimes 1-2.

I sometimes use MCCC to make my couple not age but children will. So I will have them raise one child to young adult, make that child ageless too, move them out, and then raise another child.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    1-2
    Usually my sims will have 2, maybe I'll stretch it to 3 if the other kids have grown up. But by then I'm probably bored of playing the little bundles, so I'll move on to another family. They also never stay babies for more than 5 minutes. Practically insta-age up to toddler as soon as they're born.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    100+
    Long story short, when you cheat a sim to be able to both get pregnant AND get others pregnant AND they have a penchant for getting around... well let's just say the family reunions are a real hoot :D
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    3-9
    My legacy founders now have 7 grandchildren(ranging from toddlers to young adults) and one great-grandchild! <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Depends on the save. My vampire has fathered over 20 children, but in my legacy save my Sims are keeping it to two children each.
  • mellindimellindi Posts: 9 New Member
    3-9
    My sims almost always have at least 2-3 kids. I like playing with a lively household and it's a lot of fun when they're close in age.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    When I first started my current save I kinda got carried away with my two starter families. One family I gave 2 children in CAS and then they had 2 more in game. Then hubby sim was abducted and had triplets. The other family had 3 in game. The two families are intermarried. A couple of those couples had 3 - 4 children now I am on the 3 generation I am trying to limit to 1 or 2 at the most. However I unplayed one of the sisters and MCC had a field day adding another child to the couple and having their YA sons multiple children with different mothers. They are now back in the playable families
    Sometimes you just have to go with the flow lol

One of my other saves is my ginger takeover. The original sim has many children with different redheads in the game. At one time there was him and 7 babies, toddlers in the house, that was crazy. Currently I am letting the other parents raise his offspring lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    1-2
    My current household has 2 babies (twins). I plan on them having 3 total (adopting a boy is my plan later on). My typical family usually eventually has a kid, at least. How many just depends on how I want to play them.
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    3-9
    On average I usually have my Sims have 3 or 4 but sometimes it's more, sometimes less. It really depends on what I think my Sims would want.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    1-2
    1 sometimes 2. There isn’t a lot of room in the worlds to go crazy having kids. My rotation is also pretty long as it is.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2020
    3-9
    Depends a lot, but usually either 0 or ~3 :smiley: