Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS survey is Closed, Voting Results coming soon!

SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 53 SimGuru
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hi Simmers!

The Create-A-Sim vote for the community voted stuff pack is now closed. Thank you for participating.

We’ve tabulated the votes and we will share the winners with you soon.
I wanted to give you some insight into why it takes so long for us to share the voting results, so here is a breakdown of the process:

1) Poll ends and results are tallied
2) We write a blog post for communicating the results. This post is then reviewed by SP team members for editing to make sure everything we want to share is covered, and to verify accuracy. Then it is shared with our partners in marketing, communications, etc… for review. This process takes a few days because of how many people are involved.
3) Once the blog post is approved it goes off for translation. The Sims is available in 18 languages, so that process can take a few days, especially when you factor in time differences, weekends, and holidays.
4) The translated blogs are handed off to our web team to publish, and then you get to read them!

To tide you over I will share with you the #1 voted asset – 50% of you voted for adult female shoe #41! That’s some serious love for this shoe.
shoe41.jpg

Thanks for joining us in our collaborative journey to create this Stuff Pack!

~ SimGuruSarah
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2020
    I felt this coming looking at what others voted on :joy:
    it was on many lists and its cute, not sure of having use for it myself
    but it fits the pack theme so not angry at all :blush:

now, time to be scared for the rest of assets I may or may not be as happy about :persevere:

I'll be waiting in scared silence
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    \o/ I hoped this one would make it :D

And thank you for the insight into the process.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Well, as that's one of the ones I wanted but decided not to vote for (In favor of Kids/Toddler stuff) it works for me. :smile:

I just hope that enough of the Kids and Toddler's stuff made it through. (I've got a good feeling about #70 though...)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Oh well. I'm pretty sure that I was the other 50% who didn't vote for this one. :|
    OID:- x4m1r4
    edited February 2020
    it would also be nice to know if there is separate assets for creating with knitting
    or if we just create things in this cas vote and upcoming b/b vote?

I was really hoping to create woolly socks and mittens as i've said in many threads
    (probably to point of sounding like broken record)

but id like to know if I should lose my hope for those
    as there were very few socks in this vote and no mittens at all :disappointed:

it would be nice to have clear answer to this question before build/buy vote at least
    because it might influence what people vote for
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Looking forward to the results. I liked nearly all the options and had trouble narrowing it down to 15. I started with 25 :D
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    hmm hopefully the toddler clothes got in or at least some...I didn't vote for this one.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I didn't vote for this one, but I like it and almost everything that was an option.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2020
    Anmirla wrote: »
    When putting this in game, can you make sure you correctly put the buckles/buttons to the outside? As it is now, it's backwards.

I wonder if any of the many, many people who will supposedly review this blog post over the upcoming weekends and holidays will catch that the buckle is on the inside of the boot. I’m going with uh zero 😂

$20 says they make the boot this way too 😭
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Oh cool. I actually kind of like this boot. I voted for a different one, but I'm okay with this too. But I have to agree with the others...that buckle looks silly on the inside. Imagine trying to walk with your buckles catching on each other. No matter how cute your boots are, that's going to make you look pretty foolish, especially when you trip down the stairs on your own backwards buckles. :D
    #Team Occult
  • SimGuruSarahSimGuruSarah Posts: 53 SimGuru
    Simmingal wrote: »
    it would also be nice to know if there is separate assets for creating with knitting

I was really hoping to create woolly socks and mittens as i've said in many threads

it would be nice to have clear answer to this question before build/buy vote at least

We will have more details about this in the weeks to come, but the plan is to have some craftable CAS clothing items, as well craftable objects that will be a part of the Knitting Skill. We will also have regular CAS clothing that is not related to knitting as some of the assets that won the vote are not made of knitted materials (case in point, this shoe will just be a regular shoe in CAS)

We are still discussing how we want to handle the craftable objects within the object vote. We have heard the feedback that people would like to know what could be craftable v. what is not in that vote, and we're taking that into account in our plans.
  • BunnyhartBunnyhart Posts: 9 New Member
    I am super excited for the results. I am excited to because I voted for those boots. I thought they were so cute. Thank you for taking the time to explain the behind the scenes goings on. I never thought about translations or the different levels of approval everything had to go through. That is quite the process. Hopefully now more people will be understanding about what it takes to get information out to the community.
  • Jrv91991Jrv91991 Posts: 6 New Member
    Well, seeing this was the number 1 voted CAS item I’m not feeling optimistic about the full results.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I hope that the kid version of that boot made it through too. I didn't vote for the adult version but I did for the kid version.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Simmingal wrote: »

We will have more details about this in the weeks to come, but the plan is to have some craftable CAS clothing items, as well craftable objects that will be a part of the Knitting Skill. We will also have regular CAS clothing that is not related to knitting as some of the assets that won the vote are not made of knitted materials (case in point, this shoe will just be a regular shoe in CAS)

We are still discussing how we want to handle the craftable objects within the object vote. We have heard the feedback that people would like to know what could be craftable v. what is not in that vote, and we're taking that into account in our plans.

Thank you for taking time to reply :blush: it means a lot
    I shall wait patiently for more news and new votes :smile:
  • aurora333aurora333 Posts: 13 New Member
    Oh dear, the one thing I didn't vote for 😂
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Ohh i voted for this!
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 143 Member
    I am buzzing, lol! I didn't vote for this pack but i've been pleasantly surprised so far, so it doesn't feel like a loss at all, lol. I did vote for these boots and it was the one item I had my fingers crossed for, lol, so I'm thrilled for this sneak peak. I love what we've been hearing about this pack thus far and i'm probably gonna buy it as soon as it comes out, lol. :D
    Honestly, I didn't have the computer (or the funds) to enjoy the Sims 3 in it's heyday so I get pretty excited when there's something to look forward to and anticipate, lol.
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited February 2020
    @SimGuruSarah even though it looks wierd having the buckles on the inside it wouldn't phase me. After all the zippers on my winter boots are on the inside (as I'm sure a lot of winter boots are) lol. Hmmm.. maybe a swatch or two with zippers instead of buckles?
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited February 2020
    Starfree wrote: »
    @SimGuruSarah even though it looks wierd having the buckles on the inside it wouldn't phase me. After all the zippers on my winter boots are on the inside (as I'm sure a lot of winter boots are) lol. Hmmm.. maybe a swatch or two with zippers instead of buckles?

Zippers aren't meant to be seen in this case - they are completely different because they are for function, not as a visual feature. They are on the inside to hide them. :D

@SimGuruSarah Thank you for explaining this. I must admit I didn't vote for any footwear because they were all backwards and that put me off even if I liked the style. Next time, I'll know to keep this in mind (as I'm sure anyone else who noticed this). :)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Hi Simmers!

The Create-A-Sim vote for the community voted stuff pack is now closed. Thank you for participating.

We’ve tabulated the votes and we will share the winners with you soon.
    I wanted to give you some insight into why it takes so long for us to share the voting results, so here is a breakdown of the process:

1) Poll ends and results are tallied
    2) We write a blog post for communicating the results. This post is then reviewed by SP team members for editing to make sure everything we want to share is covered, and to verify accuracy. Then it is shared with our partners in marketing, communications, etc… for review. This process takes a few days because of how many people are involved.
    3) Once the blog post is approved it goes off for translation. The Sims is available in 18 languages, so that process can take a few days, especially when you factor in time differences, weekends, and holidays.
    4) The translated blogs are handed off to our web team to publish, and then you get to read them!

To tide you over I will share with you the #1 voted asset – 50% of you voted for adult female shoe #41! That’s some serious love for this shoe.
    shoe41.jpg

Thanks for joining us in our collaborative journey to create this Stuff Pack!

~ SimGuruSarah

I chose this too
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

Zipppers are meant to be on the inside and buckles on the outside :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top