Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Alternate Timeline Theory

LavishLifeLavishLife Posts: 100 Member
I was watching a bunch of youtube videos on Sims lore and I literally came up with a theory.

It's a widely known idea that the Sims 4 takes place in an alternate timeline - Bella Goth is still alive, Don Lothario is with the Caliente Sisters Mom, and blah blah.

I was watching Plumbella's video on the Caliente History
I would recommend you check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubyr5-EDBjc

and I came up with an idea!

My Theory...
So we know that in the Sims 3 World "Riverview" Don Lothario is a townie who has memory of being teleported there, he recalls women's laughter as he stepped into a teleporter; This laughter could've been the Caliente sisters and they wanted revenge as Don Lothario was playing them both. We know that in the Sims timeline that Sims 3 takes place BEFORE Sims 2, Bella Goth and Mortimer are both children in the Sims 3. However, in riverview Don Lothario is an Adult. This imply's that Don Lothario had not only teleported somewhere else but traveled back in time. (This might just be a weird thing to point out but the town that Don Lothario, The Goths, and Caliente's live in is called Pleasantview... the town Don Lothario is sent to is called Riverview. What if he didn't teleport anywhere but simply traveled back in time and riverview IS Pleasantview?)

Now, In Plumbella's video she mentions that the Caliente sisters mom died when they were both young. So it would be fair to assume that the Caliente Sisters are young in the Sims 3 (like bella and mortimer) and that their mom's still alive. MAYBE Don Lothario sought revenge for them sending him back so he went searching for them. He found them but they were young so instead he got cozy with their mom in this new timeline to get his revenge. Perhaps Don Lothario being with their mom prevented her from dying (Plumbella mentions that her death could've been from a potion of youth) and the Caliente sisters grew up differently since they still had their mom... So essientially the Calientes didn't become the trifling gold diggers in this timeline like they did in the sims 2 and Don Lothario was too caught up in his new situation: So the whole goth drama in the sims 2 never happened. Bella Goth is still around, none of that abduction on Don Lothario's loft occurred.

To Sum everything up:
  • Don Lothario was sent back in time
  • This created a new timeline/alternate universe
  • Don Lothario got with Dina and Nina's mom out of revenge
  • Dina and Nina's mom didn't pass away in this timeline
  • Dina and Nina grew up differently
  • The drama with the goths never occurred
  • Bella was never abducted
  • The Sims 4 time is a few years before the Sims 2 (Mortimer isn't an elder) but in a different timeline
tumblr_m2cb1rOqtk1ql201ao1_500.gif

Comments

• LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    I've only ever played sims four so I'm not really caught up on the lore of the other games, but it all seems interesting. I have a question though, could this alternate and also back in time sims 4 explain why the calientes has a completely different mom?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    There is a lot of similar stories between Bob and Betty Newbie and Bob and Eliza Pancakes and Dudley Landgraab and Johnny Zest. I feel like the Caliente family went though a plastic surgery time loop that gave them bigger everything.

Sims 2 bio of the Caliente family from the Sims Wiki: "The Caliente family began with Nestor Caliente and his wife Dulcinea Caliente. Together they had a son, Tango Caliente, who never married or had any children. Flamenco Caliente resulted from Nestor being abducted by Pollination Technician 7. Flamenco married Nighat, the only child of Tariq and Benazir Al Mahmoud. Together, they had twin daughters, Nina and Dina Caliente.

Simis Bachelor married Jocasta Bachelor and had two children, Bella and Michael Bachelor. Dina married Michael, but they had no children, and Michael later died of old age. Michael's urn sits on a coffee table in the twins' living room." So the mother Katrina Caliente I think isn't their real mother but my theory is that she is the abducted version of Bella Goth. The Bella Goth clone is in Strangerville as said by SimGuruLydsay and isn't the real Bella Goth. I think the clone is with the family in the alternative universe and the real Bella Goth got transformed into Katrina and seeking revenge on the Caliente family at first, but will torture them in time.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting theory :smile:

I always found it curious that in TS2 the Caliente sisters had an alien in their family tree which some how ties them into the Bella abduction story.

The ‘woman laughing’ in the TS3 backstory certainly means something though. TS3 was full of small references to the previous two games
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I thought about that before too, Its a really interestin theory, but the more I think about that the more I see how nothing connects... sims 4 being set on an alternate universe was just a lazy excuse not to give the premade sims their deserved attention. No Sims 4 premade has memories, backstories, etc...
    Also, Riverview happens before Sims 1 and before Sunset Valley, by the time the Caliente sisters were YA Don Lothario would be an elder or dead, not a YA. Malcolm Landgraab should be an elder by the time the Caliente sisters turn into YA, Cassandra should be an YA too, and Dirk Dreamer and Dustin Brok wouldn't be born yet, as well as the Pleasant twins. They just threw the timeline on the trash,
    I know they can edit the premade worlds, I wish they would overhaul all worlds to add backstories, memories and correct the all over the place timeline, it would be such a sweet thing for us who love the premade sims (they could even include and elder Don Lothario as a townie and the teen/young adult Don Lothario on a household as a nod to the riverview/back to the past thing).
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I never played Sims pre-mades so I never thought about them having any connection or story line. Gee....I need to go back to the beginning and start reading and research. LOL