Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if they released Sims 5 on 2024 at Sims 2 20th anniversary?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
I was thinking about that jsut now, and that could be THE perfect excuse for them to release Sims 2 with improved graphics, open-world, the 3 neighborhoods (Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville) and all the content we had in the base game of Sims 2. What would you think about a Sims 2 remake/remaster?
For me, personally, would be a dream come true. Every animation, objects, wallpaper, everything exactly as it was, but have you ever imagined Sims 2 + better graphics + new content we didn't had before?
Like, we could get the CAS, Build&Buy, lot traits, Calendar and the Club system and occults from Sims 4, the Sims 3 open world, create a world, Create a Style, and traits. I would want them to remake the stuff packs and expansion packs exactly as they were in SIms 2 too, but I would also enjoy if they intercalated the old packs with new packs/ideas like the Ambitions, Island Living, etc from Sims 3 and the Superstar/Get Famous... And the game packs too... Of course with all content improved like better occults than we had.
Oh, I would also want the Sims 1 neighborhood in SIms 5, but set during the same time period as Pleasantview, this way we would see what happened to premade slike the Hick family, the Charming family, the Jones, Hatfield, Mashuga, etc...
OMG, Sims 5 could be amazing. Which content from Sims 1/3/4 would you like in Sims 2/5?
Remember: by 2024 Sims 2 probably would run in anyones computer.
Post edited by Karon on

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Let the past be the past. Sims 2 was fun, but their occults stunk. I'm an occult player. If they remaster Sims 2 with no regard to my play style, I'm staying with 4.

Also, no, I don't want the eps and sps to be the same. Again, OCCULTS were awful in Sims 2. I need a full expansion pack (or game packs) for them, and TS2 didn't have that.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    For me the perfect game would be sims 4 art and personalities but add in Sims 2 animations, free babies and preschoolers and preteens, better memories and moodlet and non mutual relationships.

I don't think we'll get it though
  • Options
    @PlayerSinger2010 I'm ok if they add the vampires on Nightlife, but exapnd them on a gamepack later/before. Or, if they remove the vampires from nightlife and add something new, maybe the club system?! idk... it can be smaller, i'm not sure if sims 2 vampires had the same time/effort as the club system did.

@SimAlexandria this year the devs finally started asking us what we wanted in the game, maybe if we tell them what we want for sims 5 they'll hear us!!!
  • Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited February 2020
    The one thing I hope for the most personally when it comes to TS5 at this point is enough in-depth Trait Customization-options - In CAS as well as in-game. Because we really do need a better and more engaging gameplay and the fastest way to get there I believe is if we have better tools to create the kind of sim-personalities and relationships we want from day 1. It would be something completely new, but could also be used to re-create stories from TS1-4.

Post edited by SupersonicAvalanche on
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Options
    @SupersonicAvalanche thats a great idea... a Create-A-Trait feature would be cool. They could add a bunch of building materials for us to mix together and come out with new traits that can be shared through the gallery.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited February 2020
    Karon wrote: »
    @PlayerSinger2010 I'm ok if they add the vampires on Nightlife, but exapnd them on a gamepack later/before. Or, if they remove the vampires from nightlife and add something new, maybe the club system?! idk... it can be smaller, i'm not sure if sims 2 vampires had the same time/effort as the club system did.

@SimAlexandria this year the devs finally started asking us what we wanted in the game, maybe if we tell them what we want for sims 5 they'll hear us!!!

Hopefully :) At this point I'm not sure I'd buy Sims 5 as I don't know that I want to start over. I love my Sims and am enjoying the game, but if it was my dream game I'd definitely be looking at it LOL!!!!! And while I wish Sims 4 would go on forever, I do think it's being developed now and I hope they will listen when it's being made. Not necessarily just to me, cuz i really can't see THAT happening, hahaha! but to the group as a whole. It'd be nice to see the things ppl put forward actually implemented and if they listen in development I'd have more hope of them listening later with DlC too
  • Options
    @SimAlexandria i know, lets wait and see how they will implement our input in that poll. I'm kinda curious to see what was the results, but i think they aren't goign to share it with us.
  • Options
    Coop_myloveCoop_mylove Posts: 15 Member
    I love the idea of a Create-A-Trait!! Just take a bunch of random little things, throw them all together, and voila you have now created a custom trait. I loved in TS3 how many trait options there were. TS4 was a sharp drop. Over half were cut, I’d say. That took a lot away. One of the things that made TS3 successful was that you could differentiate between sims with greater depth. That needs to come back.
    As far as open world returning... I don’t mind the loading screens. When your in game the surroundings are lush and full. That was my main worry. If it does come back I hope they find a way to keep the game speed up without lag from open world.
    There’s just so much they can do. And even though I hate starting over with the minimal content I can’t help but always let my curiosity get the best of me.
  • Options
    @Coop_mylove its 2020, hon, if a open world is lagging its because the game wasn't well optimized. Like sims 4, who's bugs from 2014 still exist, they never took their time to fix the lagging. At first I kidna understand... without any DLC the open world runs smoothly, but after a couple of DLC you could see the problem arriving, but they never solved it. Its like the kitchen counter problem, they shoot really high but never keep the ball rolling.
    Anyway,,, The Create-A-Trait tool could be really cool. Each new pack could introduce new building materials (lets call them attributes) related to that expansion theme. Like a firefighter game pack could introduce building blocks like those examples:
    - Fire 1: A trait with this attribute makes your sim easily flammable;
    - Fire 2: A trait with this attribute will cause your sim to provoke fires from electronic/cooking devices more easily;
    - Fire 3: A trait with this attribute makes your sim not afraid of fire;
    - Fire 3: A trait with this attribute makes your sim more afraid of fire;
    - etc

Then we could mix and match those with other existing attributes to create new traits. Lets say... The Fire 1 + Fire 2 + other attributes could make a Unlucky trait. While the Fire 3 + other attributes could generate a Brave trait or a Pyromaniac trait.