Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else is missing more 'get famous' living area?

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
I have a sim named Zen who is climbing the ladder to become a well known actress. For now, she is far from being that, but she and her boyfriend (also her boss) do have enough money to live in a more wealthy and rich neighborhood.

Now, the problem is that they don't fit in the super posh and rich neighborhood up the hills of Del Sol Valley yet. I also think the lot spaces would be too big for the home I have in mind for them. They are just not there yet, BUT they are also doing too well for the low area in Del Sol Valley.
The other area is obviously used for commercial end such as nightclubs, theaters etc.

Who else wished that we had a medium upper class neighborhood for our famous or rich sims? With lot sizes of 30x40 or something?
My ultimate wish would be if they upgrade the world Del Sol Valley, but I am afraid this is not 'possible'. Would be amazing though!

Other options to have them move to one of the other worlds in the more sophisticated areas is just a big NO for me. I don't like the fact that there is no vibe of celebrity life, Del Sol Valley climate etc. in those worlds and it doesn't make sense for me to move them far away from their job (I like to be real here).

I wonder what your wish for situations like this would be?

Who else is missing more 'get famous' living area? 86 votes

I wish for them to upgrade Del Sol Valley
72%
CK213windweaveralexspoom13IceyJCabelle1863SimpatsyannAlrynnIsb917keekee53asimbsimStrangerthanilovejewel17Moon_Willowalanmichael1HestiaBriel24taydevRamblineRosemlee2768spice3 62 votes
I am fine with using other worlds for this situation
22%
BluegayleColorist40elanorbretonsimgirl1010MissyHissyPlumbobCrossingRavager619SindocatLadyBepsmusteniSheepilingBusufuRavenSpithaisinnerdfashionSharoniaKimmerSigma1202Nushnushganay 19 votes
Other (pls explain below)
5%
Bagoas77EnkiSchmidtRedShoe7Evie0602Lquinn 5 votes

Comments

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I usually use the others worlds for this one. Sometimes I'll move them into a penthouse in San Myshuno. It has the closest vibe to the celebrity life for me without feeling like I'm compromising on anything. Particularly the Uptown area. I also feel like, realistically, they could get to Del Sol Valley for work by private jet (planes flying over the city, going to the airport in Del Sol Valley). My actress currently lives in San Myshuno, in the fashion district. Those two districts provide the comfortable in between for me.

More lots in Del Sol Valley would be lovely, though. That's just my method <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited February 2020
    In my opinion, I'm a little bit befuddled. Del Sol Valley is based on Los Angeles, which is among the largest cities in the United States. You can see the (decorative) city and airport every time. Yet, it has among the fewest lots in the whole game (11). And there's only one cheap house should you decide to have a Sim live there. Last time I did the acting career, I left the Sim in Willow Creek.

In my opinion, I think all the maps need to be enlarged and have added lots. I feel all the decorative lots that have fake houses on them need to be turned into actual lots and houses. Seems those "fake" houses account for most of the structures in-game.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I definitely wish they would upgrade Del Sol Valley, I find it such a waste of a world its the only one I never use. Each little area only has 3 lots, so they never feel like neighbourhoods, and the lots on the bottom are HUGE, which is really odd considering all the houses surrounding it (that are unusable) are all little homes. To put large houses in there just doesn't seem to work. I'd like to see those 3 lots made into maybe 5 smaller lots, so it felt like a neighbourhood, and the sizes felt suited to the area, a few more large houses for the upper section, and some beach houses in the area on the map that shows sea - I think a Malibu style area would be amazing... but as it is, it just feels Ugh.

To make up for this, I use an area in Oasis Springs for my celebrity homes - the one that looks like a gate community. It works really well. It still has palm trees, grass, a lake, and an exclusive feel, and there are enough good sized lots to make a community feel. It's not ideal, but moving a few celebrities in there makes it feel more realistic. It definitely feels better to me than the meh of Del Sol Valley - that world has so much potential but is mostly just decoration with no actual substance for gameplay...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I'd probably move them into a larger home in DSV and give them a couple of roommates to help with expenses. Maybe a couple of up and coming actresses who could also benefit from having a more experienced actress to mentor them.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I see where you are coming from and I agree it would be good if there was a medium upper class neighbourhood in Del Sol Valley, yet I have to say I'm fine for using other worlds for it.

I put most of the premade celebrities in Oasis Springs and it gave meaning to the neighbourhood (in my game it used to be rather empty and I just didn't know what I would do with it). I got City Living sometime ago and haven't inhabited the city yet, but I thought some celebrities could live in San Myshuno as well. Windenburg is also quite okay for a couple of celebrities, I have Dominic Fyres (DJ and musician) living there.

However, most of my celebrities are not in the acting career, so maybe that's why I'm not too bothered by them not living in Del Sol Valley. The only one who is in acting career at the moment lives in Del Sol Valley. At times I have pondered what I'll do with her when she earns more money and wants to have a better home, but I don't know. I guess I may just move her to another neighbourhood until she is rich enough to buy one of those big houses in Del Sol Valley.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I would probably just use Newcrest instead.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Like duh, that world has far too few lots. I have been in that situation as well, starting in Del Sol Valley and then realizing my sims don't 'fit in' anymore when it comes to the lots available. I did move out to another world but that caused me to lose focus/interest in the game aspects from Get Famous.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited February 2020
    asimbsim wrote: »
    To make up for this, I use an area in Oasis Springs for my celebrity homes - the one that looks like a gate community. It works really well. It still has palm trees, grass, a lake, and an exclusive feel, and there are enough good sized lots to make a community feel. It's not ideal, but moving a few celebrities in there makes it feel more realistic. It definitely feels better to me than the meh of Del Sol Valley - that world has so much potential but is mostly just decoration with no actual substance for gameplay...

Your exact idea just popped into my mind as well. I had a long thought a year ago what to do with this area, cause I already had a rich area in WC and did not need another one.
    Eventually, I have build something like summer houses in that area in mediteriane style and I actually love it. Don't really want to bulldoze that and there is no place elsewhere.. kind of blows -_-
    But to mention, that area could have worked out. Just getting so annoyed again by the lack of options and cuts into our creativity.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    The most disappointing is definitely Del Sol Valley. I wanted more Beverly Hills/Hollywood sort of vibes. Beach venues and the sort. The neighborhood is incredibly underwhelming. I don’t know how anyone could just be fine with it... just another way to “allow” EA to get away with how little they give.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    I would love more lots in both, Del Sol Valley and Forgotten Hollow.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2020
    I don’t divide lots up in my game into upper, middle, and lower class. I plop down whatever house or business I feel like wherever I want.

That being said, I remember when this pack came out and being disappointed it didn’t include many lots in general. A lot of this world in particular looks like wasted space.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    My save is centered around the Great Lakes area, I do not have much use for a Los Angeles type of world. What I need is more space in Windenburg, Brindleton Bay and San Myshuno. Willow Creek, Newcrest and Magnolia Park are not ideal, but workable extensions, Forgotten Hollow is a theme park... still need to purchase RoM, that would help a lot.

But basically we have the same problem, only in different flavors. We need larger worlds and the ideally also the ability to swap out those worlds that we do not need for copies of those with a matching climate to our main world. Sims 2 has that worked out perfectly with the Sub-neighborhood modular system.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Del Sol Valley was one of the biggest disappointments I've had in the game, because the parts they gave us were great - but there's so little to do with them. I wish they'd put two or more additional small lots in the Mirage Park neighborhood and added another that was either more of a suburban type (within the same milieu) or a more urban part (glitzy downtown, although it might be tough to do that without adding apartments). As it is, so little of the world is usable space that it's deeply frustrating to see the detail and atmosphere everywhere and yet feel totally separated from it. I get the same feeling, although not quite as badly, in Strangerville, just looking around wondering why all the places that look like lots aren't.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    The # of lots and the lack of a beach section was a huge disappointment. I'd love for them to go back and add more, but I dont see it happening.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    It is worse. I have started using the penthouses in the rich area of city living so it like a NY/LA feel. I really wish they would upgrade it because some of my sims in San Myshuno I would have in Del sol valley.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    The # of lots and the lack of a beach section was a huge disappointment. I'd love for them to go back and add more, but I dont see it happening.

OMG some lots on the beach would have been amazing.
  • MadameSimMadameSim Posts: 29 Member
    I would love more lots in both, Del Sol Valley and Forgotten Hollow.

Forgotten Hollow is a worse offender , in my book. I really wish there were more lots in that neighborhood, above all others.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    If they added some kind of beach side lots that would be perfect. I mean it’s LA.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I'm not that interested in an upgraded Del Sol Valley, but I would love more empty worlds like Newcrest. I so need more lots to fill.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    Del sol Valley is a really mediocre city. I would love to see an update for it. Now there are to options: live in an area for non famous people and living in an area for famous people. I would love to see the fame area get an update. And how higher in the hills you get, how more expansive the houses get and more fame you need.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Snip

You can't "Miss" something you never had.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree that I'd like to see more added to this world. It is basically missing a neighborhood and a few more lots. It's not really a cohesive world.

For an EP world, it is weak. I think there was an assumption that players would just try to go from poor to really rich and famous. That's true sometimes but someone might just want to play with an "LA world". There is also no place to put any restaurants or spas in the world without taking something out. It's kind of not a livable world compared to others.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    DSV seriously needs a beach hood, one with swimmable water.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    DSV needs more living slots for sure!
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Get famous is my most favorite pack! I have so much fun with that career that I haven't even tried many of the others. I am happy with the way it is, but any update would be appreciated. By the way, many of my actor sims will also live in Newcrest. That's actually my favorite world, I love making my own neighborhood.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8