Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm giving The Sims 3 a try

13...Next

Comments

• jessica645739jessica645739 Posts: 45 Member
    edited January 2020
    Other (plase let me know)
    As with every series, I dropped the previous one and didn't come back. But for the first time, I dropped TS4 after 4 years to come back to TS3. It's been almost 2 years since I'm back to TS3 and I don't think I'll be back on TS4.

There are certain features that I like about TS4 but I also feel that there is a lot of lack not to mention the price...
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    I've never stoped playing 3
    Been playing Sims 3 since it came out. Wasn't enthusiastic about Sims 4 even before it was released. We saw screenshots and had news about it long before it released and it wasn't doing it for me. Even so, I bought it when it released to give it a fair shot. And just no. Some of the things I really use like the color wheel and the patterns... I spend way too much time in CAS. lol Sims 4 has the search function and build and buy are combined and yeah, yeah, yeah. Those would have been nice features in Sims 3 but... after all this time, I pretty much know where everything is. There seemed to be quite a bit of silly behavior for no reason in TS4 - and some of the humor went past silly into gag me whatwheretheythinking.

Moods overriding traits? Why? All the sims play the same no matter what and that is a real turn-off. I never needed eleventy billion sims on a lot or anything like that and I didn't really care about the multi-tasking. Shrug. The art style was not my cup of tea - too cartoony - and no CAW? No worlds by our brilliant creators? What blasphemy is this???

The babies and children in TS4... meh. Not much material for storytelling there - and all my sims have stories and lives and families. I'm not stuck on the YA stage. I like grandparents and babies and the mess that is a sims life. And what in God's name are those dolls that you collect in TS4? Very strange.

Anyway... Didn't take long for me to uninstall TS4. TS3 with a full complement of Nraas mods, thank you very much.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I've played Sims 4 consistently for the past few years. Then I played Sims 2 for a short time. I am now making a return to Sims 3. I played the same game on Sims 4 since 2014 using rotational play and I finally started a new game. Sims 4 has come a long way but the Sims behave to similarly and the game is missing variety. I spent all afternoon refreshing my Sim-self family and will play them tomorrow.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I have all of my Sims 3, saves, mods, CC etc compressed on an external drive. I’d love to play, but my laptop is fully occupied with all sorts of editing software that I need for work so...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I've recently tried 3 but went back to 4
    I keep looking for sales on Sims 3 MasterSuite Stuff, Ambitions Expansion 70s 80s 90s Stuff & World Adventure Gamepack.
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited February 2020
    A few months before sims 4 release my pc stopped working. I got a new one but didnt pay enough attention to the specs but soon discovered it couldn't handle sims 3. Missing my sims i got sims4 and loved it. But still missed sims 3. A few years ago I managed to get my old laptop working which had sims 3 on it so now i rotate between sims 4 ,sims 3, sims 2, sims castaway and the sims medieval. Sims 3 and 4 are my main games as they are both are very different in gameplay. Sims 4 looks better and businesses are a lot like in sims 2, building is soo easy (which i love)but i rely on a few mods to customize the gameplay to my liking. Sims 3 has so much to do in terms of content that I'm still finding new stuff to do.. although all the rabbit holes bother me plus trying to run a business is awful. However i wouldnt choose ond over the other i love them both.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I keep looking for sales on Sims 3 MasterSuite Stuff, Ambitions Expansion 70s 80s 90s Stuff & World Adventure Gamepack.

Instant gaming has packs very cheap. Ive bought 3 ep's from them.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I never played Sims 3, I don't like the style of it. I still play Sims 2 and occasionally Sims 4.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I haven’t played TS3 in a while because I play on a MacBook, so saying it was laggy is a huge understatement! And that’s when it didn’t shut randomly. So I don’t really dare downloading it again, though I regret not getting Generations.
    And I miss cars, open worlds (yes, even though it was laggy), the color wheel, and horses too (I only had pets and seasons).

Also next to TS4, graphics look kinda weird.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2020
    I've never stoped playing 3
    I've never stopped playing Sims 3, recently celebrated my 10th anniversary. For me the game's what a Sims experience must be like, so I have no reason to bother with a successor that isn't.
    5JZ57S6.png