Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plum It, Let's do our own 20th anniversary thing

We're Simmers. We're the most creative gamers out there period. If EA isn't rolling out the red carpet surely we can put our collective heads together and do our own thing.

Suggestions off the simplest top of my head:
1: A special challenge (maybe based on the Sims 1?)
2: A Twitter or Forum party when we're all online at the same time and place.
3: A collective, play-along live stream.

Again, those are just spit-ball ideas. But I'm sure we can think of something.

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Campaign on Twitter to get dragons added into the game. #UnleashTheDragons
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    edited February 2020
    So_Money wrote: »
    I think we should make a bunch of topics about the same thing and have them clutter up the first page. Then we should talk in circles and selectively misinterpret each other’s meanings. That ought to do it.

Who’s with me?!

No need to be an plumhole. Just trying to do something fun with my fellow simmers.

EDIT: I VERY much did not say "plum."
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited February 2020
    I think we should make a bunch of topics about the same thing and have them clutter up the first page. Then we should talk in circles and selectively misinterpret each other’s meanings. That ought to do it.

Who’s with me?!

No need to be an plumhole. Just trying to do something fun with my fellow simmers.

Relax, it was a joke. I was obviously referring to the multiple topics discussing the lack of a suitable 20th anniversary “bonus”. You know, the ones that are spinning their wheels and accomplishing the opposite of what you’re suggesting?

Your topic isn’t one of those, but I apologize if that wasn’t clear enough.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited February 2020

Who’s with me?!

I was trying to watch some show just now and this one character kept talking about actual plums and my brain just interpret it as bad word everytime so it was very awkward o_o

like geez thanks sims forums

but yeah let's not clutter the forums please
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think this is a very great idea. Way to make something positive out of two negatives happening recently causing a war zone. We should celebrate it. I've been a Simmer since SimCity 2000 days so that is 1993 when I was just a wee lass. The llama speed really made me fall in love with the llamas and I even got my mom into llamas. I played SimTower too. I have played the Sims since 2002 with the Sims Deluxe and since then have played the Sims 2, the Sims 3, the Sims 4, the Sims Lifestories Series, Sims 2 and 3 and Castaway on DS, and MySims Agents on DS. The first game that got me into gaming was the NES Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt which still works to this day, so I've been a gamer for awhile.

Since then I've become a builder, a family player, and pyro deviant Simmer. I didn't join forums and the Sims community until 2015. SimGuruBChick was the first CM I met and John Kim was the first Maxoid I met. SimGuruDrake gifted me my first ever Sims game and got me into Stardew Valley and we've been friends ever since. I made friends with a lot of Simmers on EA Silence on Family Play thread and with BobSquad. I joined Twitch because of SimGuruGraham. Nouk is my favorite CC creator since Sims 2 days and modthesims I've been apart of since modthesims2.com era. Scumbumbo was my favorite Sims 4 modder who has since passed away. stampylonghead was the first Youtuber I watched for Sims 4 videos. LGR has my favorite Sims 4 pack preview videos. If it wasn't for SimGuruSteve I wouldn't have met so many of my friends. Many of my favorite streamers have become Twitch Partners and Game Changers after following them and I couldn't be more proud of them. I mod for a few streamers and I am so proud for each one of them and the paths in life they have taken. I dance to my own tune even if it deviants from popular opinions at times.

Having the Sims turn 20 makes me feel really old but hard to believe I've been playing Maxis games for longer than that especially when I hear of Simmers who weren't even born yet. I am curious the direction games will make 20 years from now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    To honor The Sims 1 maybe you could create a family and turn aging off and only use the baby, child and adult life stages!
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member

Who’s with me?!

WHOOT WHOOT.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Great idea :)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I like the first idea but what kinda challenges can we do based on TS1...? 🤔
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Original Simlish....which I LOVED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF6JUKIAI-s
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Those songs are old! Old songs are not trendy!

I really wish they'd add in the music back from the older games. I ripped all the music from Sims 2 and Sims 3, but there's a noticeable volume difference which is unfortunate.
    Felicity wrote: »

I really wish they'd add in the music back from the older games. I ripped all the music from Sims 2 and Sims 3, but there's a noticeable volume difference which is unfortunate.

Celebrating a 20 yr milestone of a game shouldn't be trendy!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2020

Agreed. The sims team kind of reminds me of -- do you remember back when you were young, there was always some 30-something trying to be cool and hip and whatever words were used when you were a teen? They were a joke, but they were also so clueless about their own cluelessness. That's what I think of when I read a dev talking about following trends and putting them in the game.

Trendy does not have lasting value at all. And so much of the music is absolutely timeless anyway.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

This bring back all those memories........... :'( I would say that this audio is very significant while I grew up. Now, for TS4, I normally turn it off. :p

How I wish that they could at least give us an anniversary challenge & pop up random NPCs from different version where we could either interact or get them to join the household, instead of a random NPC that we barely know who she/he is.

Anywho, I like your idea! Count me in.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

the hunger games thing sims in sims 1were so hard to keep feed
    more for sim kids and more drama please

Agreed. The sims team kind of reminds me of -- do you remember back when you were young, there was always some 30-something trying to be cool and hip and whatever words were used when you were a teen? They were a joke, but they were also so clueless about their own cluelessness. That's what I think of when I read a dev talking about following trends and putting them in the game.

Trendy does not have lasting value at all. And so much of the music is absolutely timeless anyway.

Sims have always trended throughout the series. And that's okay to an extent. When they throw it in, it can be a funny sign of the times we are in. Like beat-boxinig in sims 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJJl5ffNFss

The problem with 4 is that they've made it too much about trends like sm and everything to do with the computer. Maybe that's how life is now. And that's kind of a sad trend.

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member

You mean like making 8 sims in a household and taking away the fridge, shower and phone so they kinda just starve? I did that. Hahaha. It's hard to do that now tho especially since they have a phone tied to them and we can't remove that. And TS4 sims don't die of hunger as easily, I think.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif

My sister never got in to the sims because she just couldn't understand a game that was so hard. I, otoh, fell in love with it. She never played after her attempt at original sims.

I was still playing 2 for many years when she told me her grand-daughters were playing 3 and it had open world and cars. I had to check it out, but it failed in comparison to 1 and 2. And so does 4.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I have decided how I am going to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Sims. I am going to have a play session of Sims 2 and Sims 3, to remind myself why I feel in love with the Sims in the first place. It's amazing how much enjoyment I can get out of these two games despite them being older. They certainly have held up well in my opinion. Just shows what amazing game play they both have. Sims 2 is still my all time favorite.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    I have decided how I am going to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Sims. I am going to have a play session of Sims 2 and Sims 3, to remind myself why I feel in love with the Sims in the first place. It's amazing how much enjoyment I can get out of these two games despite them being older. They certainly have held up well in my opinion. Just shows what amazing game play they both have. Sims 2 is still my all time favorite.

so true
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2020

Cringes don't remind me of the Sims streams where the Gurus tried to be hip and use teen lingo. It just felt so wrong and fake.

Anyways it is nice playing the older Sims music. Sometimes I would listen to it while I was at work. I think one of my favorite Sims celebrations for the Sims 4 was the year we got items to celebrate each iteration of the Sims. It would be fun to try to do all the parties in all the games as a way to celebrate. I remember Drew Carey would crash good parties in the first Sims game. The cage and cake dancers too were great fun.

Also what Will Wright has to say 20 years later:
    https://www.gamesradar.com/the-making-of-the-sims/?utm_content=buffer41c76&utm_medium
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • FiddelizFiddeliz Posts: 39 Member
    I thought about how maybe we could make classic Sims characters and lots and share them with each other on the gallery!
    Then you can have a party with all of them in a sentimental venue, play old sims music, and have a trip down memory lane.