Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy 20th sims

Today the sims turned 20 happy birthday to the game that help me so much through the years with my many problems.
To celebrate how about we share our favourite sims we have created 😊
8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu

Comments

• YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    edited February 2020
    Happy 20th Birthday to TheSims! I LOVE this amazing game!!!! I Started playing in 2000 when I was 11 years old, and never stoped since then! 🥰🥰Such a big part of my life! Thanks for my childhood, Thanx for my adulthood!! Thank You Will Right, Maxis and EA!!!!❤️❤️❤️🎈🎈🎈😍😍😍🎂

The-Sims20.png
    Post edited by YBNS2468 on
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Happy 20th anniversary! Congratulations to all simmers in the world! :smiley:
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I have so many in Sims 4. I guess that's due to the CAS and the ability to make such a variety of sims.

I suppose my most favorite would be Hannah, the simself of my rl cat. Hannah died shortly before Cats and Dogs came out at the age of 18.

wJqpRcm.jpg

Lp91cAv.png

• LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I have so many in Sims 4. I guess that's due to the CAS and the ability to make such a variety of sims.

I suppose my most favorite would be Hannah, the simself of my rl cat. Hannah died shortly before Cats and Dogs came out at the age of 18.

wJqpRcm.jpg

Lp91cAv.png

Aww she was beautiful, you’re really good at recreating her
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Happy Simiversary!! 🥳🎈❤️ Looking forward to many more years of simming fun.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    There have been so many. I loved my Sims2 Sims but the pictures are hazy so have posted my sims3 two.
    Screenshot-8-1.jpg
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I was 19 when I first saw the game, in its huge box, at BJ’s. I hadn’t any clue about it and was not aware it had come out, but I do recall seeing, “from the creators of SimCity”. Despite the fact that I was dead broke I grabbed it and boy am I glad. These past 20 years have been an amazing ride. I could not see my life without my beloved Sims. There is no other game I have played this long and that still captivates me!

Happy 20th to the Sims and may there be many more!! 🎉🎊
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2020
    Love the idea @MelissaStarbees!!

I don't have many pictures from past Sims, but one of my favorites is the Sim I created as my simself when The Sims 4 came out:

c0a9sd9bsu42.png

She has lived many different lives the past 5 years, that's what makes her so special!

From the ones not created by me, Bella Goth is definitely my fav!

Happy 20th birthday The Sims! :smiley:
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Just a bunch of my favorite sims in sims 4. From the beginning to now...
    Frank Miner
    P72JwM9.png

Kurt Dowdy ( a man who chooses to live as a woman)
    JEiMrY4.png

I forget the little tykes name, but he was in an alternate fantasy save:
    2UolJZt.png

Chance Villeneauve
    LfSXjrh.png

Siya Venkataraman
    57gewGA.png

Cheri Love
    yf3pv95.png?1

Little Wolf
    Iiry2h5.png

Lance, my female impersonator
    bVh2NU0.png

Worth Jackson
    qmozjZV.png

Randy Lumley (defeated the mother)
    OZm1ERp.png

And current played sim is Natalie. The first in-game toddler that I actually played for a few days and then went back to that house and aged her up to teen for the current story I am playing.
    Gb8cZqG.png

Bluegayle wrote: »
    There have been so many. I loved my Sims2 Sims but the pictures are hazy so have posted my sims3 two.
    Screenshot-8-1.jpg

She’s so pretty ❤️
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Love the idea @MelissaStarbees!!

I don't have many pictures from past Sims, but one of my favorites is the Sim I created as my simself when The Sims 4 came out:

c0a9sd9bsu42.png

She has lived many different lives the past 5 years, that's what makes her so special!

From the ones not created by me, Bella Goth is definitely my fav!

Happy 20th birthday The Sims! :smiley:

You and me are in the same boat there mai 😂 my simself been all over the place for the past 5 years.

I would say her daughter or most of the vamps are my favourite sims
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Just a bunch of my favorite sims in sims 4. From the beginning to now...
    Frank Miner
    P72JwM9.png

Kurt Dowdy ( a man who chooses to live as a woman)
    JEiMrY4.png

I forget the little tykes name, but he was in an alternate fantasy save:
    2UolJZt.png

Chance Villeneauve
    LfSXjrh.png

Siya Venkataraman
    57gewGA.png

Cheri Love
    yf3pv95.png?1

Little Wolf
    Iiry2h5.png

Lance, my female impersonator
    bVh2NU0.png

Worth Jackson
    qmozjZV.png

Randy Lumley (defeated the mother)
    OZm1ERp.png

And current played sim is Natalie. The first in-game toddler that I actually played for a few days and then went back to that house and aged her up to teen for the current story I am playing.
    Gb8cZqG.png

Ohhhh I love your sims! the bottom one is funny by the way the female is looking at the male 😂
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Choosing favourite Sims is always tough for me, but at the same time it is kind of fun. These threads are also really great to see some incredible Sims, so I hope there are many more posts to come!

These are some of my all-time favourites.

4lXWDWx.png

Females: Sky Connors, Blu Baylee, Mallorey West and Kendi Chase.
    Male: Daniel Fisher (the first male Sim I ever created in TS4, only tweaked over the years), Chayton Dakota, Seyithan Avci and Phillip Erwin Kaine.
    Ha! The guys are really bearding it up! :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I can't share my Fav at the moment as I am on my phone but I will try when I get home.

Happy 20th Sims! Thanks for all the years of fun and entertainment. I love this game.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited February 2020
    my first sims game was sims 3 pets on ps3 my sim was a treasure hunter I don't remember his name because of how long it has been but I had a lot of fun happy birthday sims game may you have many more and I hope we get some news soon
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 143 Member
    9253b50e38673b94e427f3c8054d0dd4689c8cfb.png

Moshe Cerda o:)
    I made him to test Realm of Magic but I fall in love with him, lol. The packs or expansions that include magical beings have always been my favourite. <3
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited February 2020
    I do happen to have one from the vaults. I tell this story a lot when I remember back when I first started playing. I spent ages building a house, moved my family of 8 in. Forgot to put in a smoke alarm. A couple of minutes later, the house went up in flames, leaving only 2 family members. I went from shock/kind of horrified to laughing in a few seconds. Whenever people ask why some players like disasters in this game, I tell this story. It's because of things like this. It was the way things were and I love it for that.
    It's not a very good screenshot, but I don't have many left as my external drive where everything was stored bit the dust. But I do actually have some of my original .FAM files. I was thinking about installing TS1 on this computer and moved those files over before the external drive died, so I've still got those.
    Hahahaha.jpg

This is the 4 version of my very first sim, Kitty. She adopted Calli the stray in 1, so here they are together in 4. Kitty lives kind of a colorful life!
    05-22-19_2-33-49AM.png

Post edited by Finvola on
  • shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    Happy 20th! Have loved playing The Sims since Sims2 and still find it entertaining and sometimes, a challenge!
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • CraftyCookie67CraftyCookie67 Posts: 1 New Member
    Wow can't believe it's been TWENTY YEARS playing this game! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIMS!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    China Pries. ONe of a hundred. She was born in game during my 100 baby challenge, (baby 42 if I remember right? ) She moved to Sulani and is now married to Erwin Pries and they have 3 kids together.
    zIxtjiu.jpg

My evil King of Strangerville and his 11 year old daughter
    N0tnBXu.png

Connor Quinn, a teen from my original Sims 4 family who I still play daily. She was born in game and like her mother, has a real love of the jungle and archeology. This is her with her mum on a mother daughter jungle trip they took as a bday gift when she first became a teen. She has 5 younger siblings.
    bpxfVs7.png

Camille and her step daughter Conventry. This is quite a blended story. Camille is the mother to 6 kids but none biologically. She originally adopted triplets (Corey, Courtney and Caitlin) and was a single parent to them but she's now married and her husband James has 6 kids from a previous marriage. Coventry here is the youngest and she and older twin brothers Kade & Eduardo live with Camille and James and the triplets, but James' other three kids (another set of triplets named Luna, Lloyd & Gwendolyn) live with his ex. They visit on a daily basis though and join the family for all outings. James is secretly hoping to have custody of them one day after the older kids move out.
    Vth6J5W.png
  • cooldood555cooldood555 Posts: 82 Member
    I started playing in November 2000 at the age of 5 (this super cool username actually dates from then lol), because my cousin got bored of hers and gave me her copy. I still have that original CD! Anyway, because of that and my short attention span, I've probably had tens of thousands of Sims, and thus don't have a ton of pics for all of them. Many I couldn't even tell you what they looked like or what their names were, but I can remember their stories. Also, unlike a lot of people, I don't really make "stories" in the sense of taking screenshots and writing things down; I just kind of go with the flow and live their lives, but that makes remembering them years later quite hard.
    I especially like playing premades, so lots of these are premade families. (It frustrates me to no end that I always have to make a Sim before playing a game on TS4, when I want to play with premades).

The first family I ever played was the Goth family. They, especially Mortimer, remain very close to my heart. I think I'm attached to Mortimer mainly because he looked a lot like my dad, just with fancier clothes lol. In any case, I must have played them dozens of times and spent hundreds of hours with them overall. I do remember one occasion where Bella got abducted by aliens and, this being after TS2, I couldn't help but laugh and relate it to her disappearance.

One of my favorites was a family I had in Makin' Magic, which was the first family I was able to afford to move into the magic realm (or whatever it was called lol). They had a cute little house and gnomes to protect it. I actually remember very little else, just an immense sense of pride that I made it there.

I also had a save with the Burb family; they ended up having a daughter, so she and Johnny had to bunk in the same room. I remember I, without thinking, had them set off fireworks in that room... the whole room caught fire and it was not pretty. I felt bad for Brad and Tiffany having to live without their kids. But I made it into a story, and they later had another kid, and I like to think they were able to start to heal.

In TS2, the Broke family has always been a favorite of mine. I always take pride when I can get Dustin to turn his life around, become a straight-A student, help out around the house, and become a really good big brother. Beau is just adorable, and I like to experiment with different paths for his life, and then the baby always amuses me, being Brandi's clone (though sometimes I cheat to re-attach the kid to Skip).

I also like the Ottomas family, despite them being pretty ugly (thus making them disliked by many, especially given the glitch they originally had). Managing to take care of them all was always a struggle (thank goodness for CC bunk beds, or I wouldn't have been able to fit them all half the time!), but rewarding. I was always so sad when Dora died, and sometimes made her drink so much Elixer of Life that she would end up the same age as her son (because he'd age during that time, unlike her)

Another favorite of mine was the Striker family from TS3. I had one save that I played them for probably a few weeks, which is exceptionally long for me. They got a butler, had twins, were very successful in their jobs, Sebastian became a child and was thriving... and then I had a glitch where Richie vanished from the game entirely - no cheat or mod or anything could bring him back. And because I had an auto-save mod and hadn't realized he'd vanished (his icon was still there), I'd let the game save after he vanished, so he was lost forever. I think I kept playing and got Stella remarried, but it never felt the same after losing Richie. RIP Richie :lol:

One of my favorite families I made for TS3 was my 100 baby challenge family. I think I only got to about 20 or so before the house caught fire and like 7 of them died. I think I tried to keep playing after that by going back to a save I'd made a few Sim-days before, but sort of lost interest. It was neat, though, as I'd downloaded some baby daddies, and one was the son of the Grim Reaper so he had that glitchy, pitch-black skin, and she had triplets with him, so there were 3 Grim Reaper grandkids running around lol. I actually do have screenshots from that family, thankfully (and wow, just looking, that was 8 years ago this month!) I even have pics of the fire and its aftermath.

As for TS4, one of my favorites was my Bob's Burgers family I made after Dine Out came out. They ended up having 6 more kids (I had a mod for quadruplets, quintuplets, and sextuplets at the time and they had sextuplets!), which did not make their lives easier lol. Gene grew up to be a hunk somehow, though, so it was okay :lol: I'm certain I have screenshots of that family somewhere, probably backed up on my external hard drive (I purge my screenshots folder every year or two because it gets so full, and only keep the ones I really like).

Those are all I can think of off the top of my head, and this is already a really long post (sorry, got nostalgic!) But thanks for the trip down memory lane, and for everyone's posts thus far. They've been really interesting to read!
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    (: Happy 20th anniversary and here's to many more great sim-decades to come!
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited February 2020
    My favourite sims are Shine:
    01-03-20_1-36-48%25C2%25A0PM.png
    and Roddy. This is him in his masculine everyday outfit:
    01-03-20_1-34-51%25C2%25A0PM.png
    And this is him in his feminine everyday outfit:
    01-15-20_9-22-28%25C2%25A0AM.png
    (I really can't bring myself to age him up.)

Happy 20th Birthday, Sims, and have a picture of Roddy eating confetti cake!
    02-05-20_11-54-03%25C2%25A0AM.png
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2020
    Happy 20th Sims! The game has brought me much joy over the years :)
    I only played TS1 briefly and remember finding it difficult to keep my sims happy but I enjoyed it enough to try TS2 which I played until the release of TS3 which I have played ever since. I plan on playing TS3 as long as I can :)

Although I moved overseas half-way through my TS3 years, I brought all my sim files with me. I have several sims who have been played many times in both The States and Australia :) I won't post pics of all my favourites because that would be overwhelming :D

I'll start with my simself. Although she rarely plays a major role in my saves, she has acted as nanny in many saves and helped to raise hundreds of sim children. When I recently tried the Daycare Profession for the first time she got the job :D
    48352917946_c7469931d8_o.jpg

I started making Spike and Angel sims several years ago. I was happy with Spike from the beginning and he has been played many times. I was never happy with how Angel looked until my final round of tweaks last year. I am yet to play him but am looking forward to it :)
    49206014136_122174ac1c_o.jpg

Paul is another sim who has been played a lot. I remember using him to test University when I first installed it :)
    45594722892_553129f940_o.jpg

Jason was made in the last couple of years. I wasn't sure if I would play him but decided to turn him into a genie when I first installed Showtime and he was perfect for the part :) In recent times I also played him as a human sim :)
    45110514374_7c32c65077_o.jpg
    32119820698_f0b0b5411b_o.jpg

Jensen and Jared have also been played many times since their creation, in fact I am currently playing them :)
    48934993546_da268819b3_o.jpg

Ian, another favourite, has undergone a lot of changes over the years and here is a fairly recent version.
    47066127501_e9431202a0_o.jpg

I made Josh for a Facebook friend a few years back but he is a joy to play so has featured in many of my saves since then :)
    46837190245_bd27d0c905_o.jpg
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    I can’t do it on my phone but when I get onto my computer, I will share a few of my favorite Sims. Some of you already know my Sims but I think it is so fun to look back and reminisce.