Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you want to see in a Future Free Update?

I personally would love if they brought couple dancing back as a free update for all. The dancing skills that came with get together only goes to level 5 so I honestly feel like couple dancing could go to 5 as well.

Cemetery lots and mausoleum objects to manage the dead of saved households ( at least) is another thing that would be nice so Simmers can manage the dead and be able to recover tombstones for Sims who died that you weren't playing with.

Comments

• Harleykay93Harleykay93 Posts: 1 New Member
    More hair colors for PC and console please!!! I need a purple in my life or more highlight options or burgundy
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited February 2020
    More hair colors for PC and console please!!! I need a purple in my life or more highlight options or burgundy

Yes I feel like if they started with unlocking the unusual hair colors pink,purple, green, etc to be able to be passed down genetically that would be cool, or at least unlock them for toddlers and kids; especially for Occult Sims. Child Vampire with purple hair or white hair=epic
  • simrhinosimrhino Posts: 14 New Member
    Now that a hot tub is in the base game, I think Perfect Patio needs to be updated with a new hero object. Perhaps something along the lines of the hydroponic garden from The Sims 2 would be appropriate for patios, but simmers here must have some much better ideas. It really feels like The Sims team is practicing outrage marketing by depreciating previously exclusive paid content to include in free updates. In the recent Tiny Living stream, SimGuruNinja addressed online commentators as "jackals," and insisted "I know you're going to buy it (the pack.)" This hints at a contempt for the audience and complacency that really makes me regret my ongoing support of the franchise. What do you think we should get in an update to Perfect Patio now that its main selling point is no longer exclusive to the pack? #DontFeedTheTrolls #SaveTheWhales
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    edited February 2020
    I'd like some UI improvements.

I find digging through the various inventories frustrating. Having sim, bookshelf and storage inventories sorted alphabetically (setting the island living trap with bait already does this) would help quite a bit. Being able to expand bookshelf and storage inventories so that more than two lines of objects are showing would also be good.

Transferring, buying and selling stacks by 5 as well as one at a time or the whole stack would be welcome as well.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    simrhino wrote: »
    Now that a hot tub is in the base game, I think Perfect Patio needs to be updated with a new hero object. Perhaps something along the lines of the hydroponic garden from The Sims 2 would be appropriate for patios, but simmers here must have some much better ideas.

How about bringing back the pizza oven?

• OmenkuOmenku Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd like more musical instruments, for example: drums, harp, bass guitar, flute, saxophone, cello, etc. Also could be fun to have a band in the game. Maybe to gain fame with that band and be a rockstar, popstar, etc.
    Omenku wrote: »
    I'd like more musical instruments, for example: drums, harp, bass guitar, flute, saxophone, cello, etc. Also could be fun to have a band in the game. Maybe to gain fame with that band and be a rockstar, popstar, etc.

Yes I would love to see the return of bands. I mean come on, there are clubs now and get famous so all we need is the gameplay for Sims to play the same song as a group; it would be even cooler if they can play songs that one of the members wrote.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Paintable ceilings, unnatural hair colors for Children and Toddlers, and a BodyShop-like add-on for recoloring CAS and Build/Buy items so that I don't have to keep manually updating Sims4Studio...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    An update where the neighborhood is going to be married to other sims and having children.
  • Willow_Willow_ Posts: 12 New Member
    More clutter! maybe like little soup cans or other random stuff I can 'clutter' my households with : )
    Paintable ceilings, unnatural hair colors for Children and Toddlers, and a BodyShop-like add-on for recoloring CAS and Build/Buy items so that I don't have to keep manually updating Sims4Studio...

Definitely paintable ceilings I have an indoor/outdoor ruin-like garden entryway with white ceilings 😂
    Jinkx wrote: »
    An update where the neighborhood is going to be married to other sims and having children.

You mean Story Progression? I've shared many ideas for that in alot of posts, the game as a whole would be greatly improved if it can be toggled on or off.
    Willow_ wrote: »
    More clutter! maybe like little soup cans or other random stuff I can 'clutter' my households with : )

I like! I hope they add the knitted blanket to the new community stuff pack as well other cute clutter items that Sims can make themselves.
  • JinkxJinkx Posts: 62 Member
    > @NoirStasis said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You mean Story Progression? I've shared many ideas for that in alot of posts, the game as a whole would be greatly improved if it can be toggled on or off.

Yeah! story progression because right now it makes my game so boring when nothing happens around my sims.
  • xx8lobo8xxxx8lobo8xx Posts: 23 Member
    I'd like more achievements honestly. In TS3, each skill had more to it like jogging 500k total added a buff under fitness, or growing all perfect plants under gardening added a buff. I'm such a sucker for game achievements too! I would never have thought to play with 8 ghosts in a household but weird achievements make me try new things and keep it challenging. I'm getting bored.
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    1. More hair color options (especially unnatural)
    2. Toddlers/children to have access to all hair colors that teen+ do
    3. convert more of the teen+ hairstyles to toddler/children
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2020
    Do we really need loading screens in worlds?
    Like my sim walked from the park to her house and I dealt with a loading screen.
    I dont mind a loading screen for different worlds but in the town, eh?
    Minai wrote: »
    Like my sim walked from the park to her house and I dealt with a loading screen.

I would like the immediate area to at least be loaded, like visit the next door neighbor without hitting a load screen or in San Myshuno even in the same apartment building you have to hit a load screen.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited February 2020
    For most people this would probably be a very minor thing, but since the launch of TS4 I have been wanting them to make published books purchasable. I know you can make a bookstore with Get to Work, but it is a feature I really liked in Ts3- the ability to order a book a sim wrote and published 5 generations ago.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Thousands of Color Swatches for all objects, Cas, buildmodes & Roofs.
    Height slides in Cas & playable babies.
    Body hair & Peach fuzz for all sims.
  • Arijon59Arijon59 Posts: 3 New Member
    I want the cheats, traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire_Manifested and traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_Manifested
      should be forever on sims and not disappear when you go to create a sim or manage worlds. Like traits.equip_trait trait_OccultAlien_FakeAlien for Aliens. In this way, it would be possible to make hybrids that work. Because then you only give a mermaid those cheats, then you have a hybrid that does not glitch.
    For most people this would probably be a very minor thing, but since the launch of TS4 I have been wanting them to make published books purchasable. I know you can make a bookstore with Get to Work, but it is a feature I really liked in Ts3- the ability to order a book a sim wrote and published 5 generations ago.

I also think this should be a thing. Sims should also be able to sell their music tapes and signed autograph pictures as well. If someone's family member was famous the price/value should increase as well with books and music they have written if they have died.

Music lyric s should be able to be passed down as well.
    Arijon59 wrote: »
    I want the cheats, traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire_Manifested and traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_Manifested
      should be forever on sims and not disappear when you go to create a sim or manage worlds. Like traits.equip_trait trait_OccultAlien_FakeAlien for Aliens. In this way, it would be possible to make hybrids that work. Because then you only give a mermaid those cheats, then you have a hybrid that does not glitch.

Your right, real hybrids between occults needs to be a thing too especially since my male vampires always get abducted all the time.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I very much doubt I'll see it now and maybe look forward to seeing it in The Sims 5 - CREATE-A-STYLE.

This was a massive part of all of the good things about The Sims 3 which is currently missing.
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    Minai wrote: »

I would like the immediate area to at least be loaded, like visit the next door neighbor without hitting a load screen or in San Myshuno even in the same apartment building you have to hit a load screen.

I totally agree with this. It's surprising that this isn't possible in The Sims 4 given that so much of the surrounding neighbourhood area is available directly from the lot you're currently on.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬