Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE?!

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I'm actually quite annoyed. I didn't expect anything for the 20th anniversary, they're under no obligation to provide free content. However, giving an item for free that was the sole reason many people bought Perfect Patio Stuff is honestly very disappointing. They could have at least made it an in ground version and not just a re skin (or not given anything at all), not just thanked the community for the support and then given away an item many of us previously paid for. I know it's just a digital item, but it's the motivation and lack of care regarding their paying customers that stinks. I'm on the fence about purchasing Sims 5 (for many reasons, not just this), I know one person won't worry them, especially since they seem to be veering away from us oldies (I met my husband and played his Sims 1 just after it came out, wasn't the reason we stayed together... honest!), but if they manage to alienate enough simmers it's the bottom line that's going to suffer.

They have been doing this for quite some time now. You gotta get used to it. I know I did. So I kinda expected it here. And I ain't surprised.🤷‍♀️
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    20 years of dramatically plunging content quality and we get... an ugly hot tub?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    So there's nothing big? For a 20th anniversary I would have excepted something bigger...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited February 2020
    Barbie430 wrote: »
    I know, I was not referring to you in the last paragraph. That was based on what I’ve seen in this thread.

I was merely pointing out that the hatred towards the developers for not delivering what was expected was indeed akin to throwing a tantrum. The developers were not obliged to provide anything, yet the attitude within the community was indeed that they were expecting it. "Ea had better give us something big for the 20th anniversary" was and indeed is the attitude. So technically speaking, it is a tantrum.

Of course people will be disappointed if they're expecting something but to continue the tirade against the developers for not providing what wasn't promised isn't fair and DOES appear to be of tantrum like proportions. Hence my clarifying. Sorry but that much is the truth.
    Barbie430 wrote: »
    Simmers are allowed to complain. It’s okay if you don’t agree with them, but arguing semantics, calling people tantrum throwing children (I’m sure we’re all adults here), or hiding your shaming other simmers for expressing their disappointment behind smiley faces and heart emojis is uncalled for.

For the record, I'm pretty tired of people who aren't disappointed with the update being referred to as idiots, which happens all over this community (not exclusive to this forum, incidentally). I'm not shaming anyone for expressing disappointment; I'm tired however of the devs and other simmers who aren't disappointed being referred to as idiots for expressing their opinions too.

Anyway, since this has (like so many others) turned into a 'we hate EA, we don't like the developers, just stop Sims 4 already' feeling, I'm leaving with the fact that there's a difference between constructive feedback and outright hatred.

So I wish you all a happy simming and if you don't enjoy the Sims 4 any longer, then I hope you're able to find something you do. We should always play a game we're enjoying and if the company's making you angry, then I hope you can find something that won't <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2020
    columbia93 wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Apparently there will always be someone who will be never satisfied. Peace.

I apreciate anything we get. Thanks to gurus for their effort. It means a lot. They create the game I absolutely adore <3 I can't wait to check it in my game.

True. And then there's the reality that they don't actually owe us anything for the anniversary of the release of a video game. They could simply have done nothing, which is what I would have done. Instead, they added some stuff to the game for everyone. Some people just have to look a gift horse in the mouth.

For those of us playing this game for 20 years and buying all the games, packs and stuff, we have literally spent thousands. EA is EA because of us. Saying we aren't "owed" anything is your opinion and I don't agree, especially considering the lack of responses we get from EA regarding issues/problems/wishes, etc. Furthermore, I agree with the gentleman who said the tub was ugly and truly baffled that a few of you needed to make sad comments about what you believe his personality is based on having better taste than, well, some. You act as though you've taken the high road but you haven't.

Learn from this and stop calling out people for saying they expected more, different, whatever. Their opinion is just as valid as yours and shouldn't garner a personal attack.

Once again, I haven't attacked anyone. Anyone. Anywhere. I have not called anyone's personality into question. I played this game for 20 years too. I know that my views are worthless, but you could at least do the courtesy of not misrepresenting them. Something to think about, and thank you in advance. It's often frustrating enough to interact with this community at times, and it becomes exponentially moreso when you are having to defend remarks that you never made.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    Anyway, since this has (like so many others) turned into a 'we hate EA, we don't like the developers, just stop Sims 4 already' feeling, I'm leaving with the fact that there's a difference between constructive feedback and outright hatred.

When you try to have a discussion and you're just assailed with ad hominems, and outright misrepresentation it often feels like the tag line in WarGames -- the only winning move is not to play. I think I'll accompany you to the exit, and I don't suspect that I'll be back for a very long time.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2020
    Simmivie wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    The hot tub is ugly

It's not :D ! I wanted a hot tub with a roof so badly.

I'm not trying to disappoint you, but you already could build it in your game...
    Plumbella did this on her twitch stream yesterday.

I don't know if it's playable! I could image it maybe isn't, but if it is...

grp3nik.png

It's playable, you can just build a roof over the original hot tub yourself if you want to with moveobjects. It is just for looks though... your sims will not get wet from the rain when they are in a hot tub.

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    If this 'free content' had not been the main part of a previous pack many of us paid for, then was released in a free update to the base game for everyone, there would not be another argument happening right now. Given the fact the hot tubs are glitchy as far as our Sims using the hot tubs or staying in the hot tubs for more than a few seconds, exactly why we are supposed to be excited over this escapes my understanding. Hot tubs are just another decor item in my game unless I add a mod that tunes the attraction factor before our Sims actually want to use them and stay long enough for all the Sims to engage in conversations amongst themselves. I have this odd feeling the multi-tasking wonkiness is responsible for this happening and is being controlled by the AI that loves to dictate our Sim's every move. Giving us reskinned, glitchy hot tubs as a gift for 20 years of remaining faithful to the franchise is laughable and a pathetic attempt to keep us hyped for a game that is a total mess.

Sims4 has been successful because it is the only life simulation game on the market today. Oh well, we can either love it or hate it, or accept the fact EA is more in love with money than how they are perceived in the public's eye. We can take to social media outlets and vent our frustrations, but I doubt that will ever be enough to sway EA. Many of us have seen the light and don't buy any dlc until it is on sale. But having a sale just before an important anniversary isn't a gift. Gifting a glitchy hot tub to everyone with the base game is not a gift for those of us who paid for it. The only gifting I see is the gift of letting the teams off the hook to come up with something clever. One innovative idea from the studio would be a miracle at this point when all they seem capable of doing is pulling features from past packs, reskinning objects from past packs then try to pass it all off as free updates to the game when we already paid for those features and objects several years ago. Face it, folks, they have run out of new ideas. If this 'new' hobbies pack is any indication of the unexpected and exciting new content set for release this year, I won't be jumping up and down in anticipation any time soon. I had little hope for this anniversary to be anything special, and EA certainly delivered on that. They should be feeling very proud right now. But, just so those suits know, I have been laughing at them all day. Their pride is misplaced, their motives are as transparent as water, and all the respect I once had for their standing as a corporation has evaporated. All the questions about whether or not EA cares about the fans were clearly answered today. There is no doubt what the answers are to those questions now. Not in my mind. I am not angry or upset. I don't feel anything at all, to be truthful. EA acted exactly as I expected they would.

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2020
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    If this 'free content' had not been the main part of a previous pack many of us paid for, then was released in a free update to the base game for everyone, there would not be another argument happening right now. Given the fact the hot tubs are glitchy as far as our Sims using the hot tubs or staying in the hot tubs for more than a few seconds, exactly why we are supposed to be excited over this escapes my understanding. Hot tubs are just another decor item in my game unless I add a mod that tunes the attraction factor before our Sims actually want to use them and stay long enough for all the Sims to engage in conversations amongst themselves. I have this odd feeling the multi-tasking wonkiness is responsible for this happening and is being controlled by the AI that loves to dictate our Sim's every move. Giving us reskinned, glitchy hot tubs as a gift for 20 years of remaining faithful to the franchise is laughable and a pathetic attempt to keep us hyped for a game that is a total mess.

Sims4 has been successful because it is the only life simulation game on the market today. Oh well, we can either love it or hate it, or accept the fact EA is more in love with money than how they are perceived in the public's eye. We can take to social media outlets and vent our frustrations, but I doubt that will ever be enough to sway EA. Many of us have seen the light and don't buy any dlc until it is on sale. But having a sale just before an important anniversary isn't a gift. Gifting a glitchy hot tub to everyone with the base game is not a gift for those of us who paid for it. The only gifting I see is the gift of letting the teams off the hook to come up with something clever. One innovative idea from the studio would be a miracle at this point when all they seem capable of doing is pulling features from past packs, reskinning objects from past packs then try to pass it all off as free updates to the game when we already paid for those features and objects several years ago. Face it, folks, they have run out of new ideas. If this 'new' hobbies pack is any indication of the unexpected and exciting new content set for release this year, I won't be jumping up and down in anticipation any time soon. I had little hope for this anniversary to be anything special, and EA certainly delivered on that. They should be feeling very proud right now. But, just so those suits know, I have been laughing at them all day. Their pride is misplaced, their motives are as transparent as water, and all the respect I once had for their standing as a corporation has evaporated. All the questions about whether or not EA cares about the fans were clearly answered today. There is no doubt what the answers are to those questions now. Not in my mind. I am not angry or upset. I don't feel anything at all, to be truthful. EA acted exactly as I expected they would.

That's the realest [Removed - CM] I've read today. 🙏
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @elanorbreton Thank you. :) It's been months since I have had some time to myself. But my New Year's resolution was to do less travelling this year and hubby's trip seemed like the perfect time to start on that resolution. :D
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2020
    A reminder for everyone: you are free to express your opinions, disappointment, excitement and everything in between - but always within the forum rules. That means respecting each other and everyone's opinions, and not being dismissive or offensive to others just because you disagree with their point of view. Everyone deserves to be respected, and that includes the developers.

So let's keep this discussion on topic and civic.
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    I'm not going to complain too loudly about the hot tub, because I don't want the devs to think that once an idea is out there in a pack it should be off-limits for the future. I want them to feel comfortable adding new hot tubs, iterating on apartment mechanics, and expanding on previous expansion content. (Making clubs and seasons relevant through all further releases is appreciated, even if that does mean that a team that's already stretched tight has to put extra effort into keeping these expansion features relevant.)

Having said that, I totally get being underwhelmed at the patch for what should be a major milestone anniversary. Even if there wasn't any new gameplay added, a couple more nostalgia items and some minor in-game event would make the whole thing feel less rushed out the door.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    I know we aren't entitled to new free things, but I do think people have a right to be disappointed. It's the 20th anniversary and they would have never made it this far if people didn't keep purchasing their games. Personally I've spent thousands on this game since TS1 and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I especially think releasing a product that was exclusive to a pack was a bit shameful and it really isn't fair to the people who paid $10 for it.

Since they chose to go with hot tub, why couldn't it then have been a nostalgia one like the heart shaped tub? It's an anniversary of the franchise after all, not limited to the 4th edition. It was also so ridiculous that people who didn't yet have PP could still want to buy it because that hot tub is really not aesthetically pleasing for most builds. The music could have been older tracks we know and love rather than brand new ones.

I feel like more could/should have been done to celebrate the franchise as a whole, because let's face it, TS4 wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for TS1-3.

We are entitled to bug fixes though, and that was a mighty small sad list. I think I'm more disappointed that my potions of immortality still don't work.

I think the reason they didn’t pay homage to the Sims franchise as a whole is because they would like to pretend they don’t exist. For the same reason I believe we will never see the sims 1 or 2 for sale on origin - because they don’t want any attention taken from the sims 4. It’s all about new players. Players who are young and haven’t played a sims game before. The sims 2 would really hurt the sims 4 if it was on sale. Yes sims 4 might be prettier but game play wise the sims 2 will wipe the floor with it.
    My fifteen year old nephew tried the sims 4. He found it boring. He tried the sims 2 and he liked it as in his words lots of things happened. He got bored that all his sims 4 sims did was talk and that being mean has no consequence so he became bored.

This hot tub is disappointing as it has no nostalgia for any of the older games. The sims 3 managed to do a great throwback to older sims games. This hot tub is the same hot tub as perfect patio with a roof. I think the twentieth anniversary free item could and should have been better.

TS2 sims are just the realest sims we ever had. I love TS3 and I think lots of stuff happens there too but no sims game ever really drew me in the way TS2 did <3
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I expected nothing so something is definately a bonus as far as I'm concerned and more to the point I didn't have to pay for it so it's great. (My game is updating so I'm just here browsing) I think we can sometimes overlook how much the Sims series has given us over 20 years, in as much as happy memories because lets face it, if we didn't have good memories of it, we wouldn't be here caring about it now) I could be neative about that if I wanted and said it's stolen my life, but like with packs ect, nobody forced me to do it. I do have all the packs and I do have a problem with obsessing over the game, that said, if they want to give us a free hot tub, great, more variety. Do I care that it was in perfect patio's? No, I use a lot of that stuff all the time in game I've had my money's worth there. Also, I have very gaudy taste in decor and so I really like the design, it's fun. I'm sorry if this offends anyone what can I say, I like colourful, I like quirky and I love my game. I also live in the UK were it can be the Queen's Jubilee and we don't get anything then other than tipsy....so I expect nothing really from anything and then I'm never disappointed. (Yeah that sounds more negative than it sounds but it's actually a positive thing if you read that as I just appreciate what I've got...) Peace out :)

• PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I know we aren't entitled to new free things, but I do think people have a right to be disappointed. It's the 20th anniversary and they would have never made it this far if people didn't keep purchasing their games. Personally I've spent thousands on this game since TS1 and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I especially think releasing a product that was exclusive to a pack was a bit shameful and it really isn't fair to the people who paid $10 for it.

Since they chose to go with hot tub, why couldn't it then have been a nostalgia one like the heart shaped tub? It's an anniversary of the franchise after all, not limited to the 4th edition. It was also so ridiculous that people who didn't yet have PP could still want to buy it because that hot tub is really not aesthetically pleasing for most builds. The music could have been older tracks we know and love rather than brand new ones.

I feel like more could/should have been done to celebrate the franchise as a whole, because let's face it, TS4 wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for TS1-3.

We are entitled to bug fixes though, and that was a mighty small sad list. I think I'm more disappointed that my potions of immortality still don't work.

I think the reason they didn’t pay homage to the Sims franchise as a whole is because they would like to pretend they don’t exist.

The fact the previous games exist is The Sims 4's biggest problem.

But yeah, what annoys me about this anniversary is that the previous iterations basically got no acknowledgement. It's been treated as The Sims 4's anniversary, not the anniversary of the franchise as a whole.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 2020

I think the reason they didn’t pay homage to the Sims franchise as a whole is because they would like to pretend they don’t exist.

The fact the previous games exist is The Sims 4's biggest problem.

But yeah, what annoys me about this anniversary is that the previous iterations basically got no acknowledgement. It's been treated as The Sims 4's anniversary, not the anniversary of the franchise as a whole.

So plumming true. smh.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 2020
    Oops double post. delete.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    As far as the new music I can't tell what is new! Should've added more music from the original Sims 1,2,and 3.🙄
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    I expected nothing so something is definately a bonus as far as I'm concerned and more to the point I didn't have to pay for it so it's great. (My game is updating so I'm just here browsing) I think we can sometimes overlook how much the Sims series has given us over 20 years, in as much as happy memories because lets face it, if we didn't have good memories of it, we wouldn't be here caring about it now) I could be neative about that if I wanted and said it's stolen my life, but like with packs ect, nobody forced me to do it. I do have all the packs and I do have a problem with obsessing over the game, that said, if they want to give us a free hot tub, great, more variety. Do I care that it was in perfect patio's? No, I use a lot of that stuff all the time in game I've had my money's worth there. Also, I have very gaudy taste in decor and so I really like the design, it's fun. I'm sorry if this offends anyone what can I say, I like colourful, I like quirky and I love my game. I also live in the UK were it can be the Queen's Jubilee and we don't get anything then other than tipsy....so I expect nothing really from anything and then I'm never disappointed. (Yeah that sounds more negative than it sounds but it's actually a positive thing if you read that as I just appreciate what I've got...) Peace out :)

That's a really great outlook to have. I think in this day and age, most of us forget how to just slow down and appreciate and enjoy what we have in life. Not just in the Sims, but in general. It's nice to see. :smile:
    #Team Occult
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    edited February 2020
    Bloosmoo wrote: »

That's a really great outlook to have. I think in this day and age, most of us forget how to just slow down and appreciate and enjoy what we have in life. Not just in the Sims, but in general. It's nice to see. :smile:

(Sorry for the double post)
    Post edited by LiELF on
    #Team Occult
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top