Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free Hot-Tub?

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
I was wondering how people feel about the hot tub being made available for free? I'm happy with it as I don't have the pack but it also feels unfair to people who paid money specifically for the hot tubs, so I was wondering what you guys think if you do/or dont have the pack, are you happy with it being free or disappointed? (yay for happy, nay for disappointed)
Post edited by Onverser on

Free Hot-Tub? 275 votes

Yay
46%
Akl500PBluegayleicmnfrshLaBlue0314alan650111SimmervilledanacnbrettMi9shaoscarNianaSimpatsyannBloosmooMeteoraStormThunderbat87haneulilovejewel17IrdiwenBeardedgeeksimgirl1010cchant86SavorySage 127 votes
Nay
53%
GRIMMYSara1010PIcewolfjeepjeepcatUnDutchablescudbums92sims2freak737SabrosaColorist40lisamwittoveronCamkatjonilla1AlrynnIsb917simm621TitanicasimbsimelanorbretonGoldenBuffy 148 votes

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2020
    Nay
    Even if the hot tub is free, hot tubs have existed in the game already for five years.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yay
    I bought Perfect Patio full price when it came out. I consider I have gotten the value out of it by this far. I'm really happy that my sister got the hot tub for free and I'll be using the new one too. What I wonder though is how on earth are they going to sell Perfect Patio now? There's not much in it aside of the hot tub.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yay
    I am actually quite happy that people who don't yet have the pack can experience hot tubes. I love the roof design also. 🥰🥰🥰
    Plus I never knew people brought packs to have "one" object. I thought most people wanted atleast almost everything the pack has. That's the case for me atleast.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yay
    I don't have PP so far. It's on my wishlist (not high up because other packs have stuff that I'm more interested in) but for other items I'll be spending my money on when I eventually buy it (high priority: the counters and grill). I definitely wouldn't buy a pack full price for one feature alone but that's me.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yay
    musteni wrote: »
    I bought Perfect Patio full price when it came out. I consider I have gotten the value out of it by this far. I'm really happy that my sister got the hot tub for free and I'll be using the new one too. What I wonder though is how on earth are they going to sell Perfect Patio now? There's not much in it aside of the hot tub.

I agree. I've owned Perfect Patio for about 5 years now, and it's about time we get new hot tub variants.

My only problem is that the 20th anniversary hot tub was just a recycled mesh from PP, and it (plus the rest of the patch) wasn't really a big enough thing to mark as huge a milestone.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yay
    I have been placing the wooden ones around the island.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Yay
    I haven't used hot tubs yet in any of my builds, so I'm technically more or less neutral. Getting the Hot tub didn't bother me, since that's not why I bought Perfect Patio stuff, but it still didn't wow me either - because I haven't needed a hot tub for my builds.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    edited February 2020
    Nay
    I got Perfect Patio (indirectly) because of the hot tubs, as it offered better gameplay than the alternative (luxury party, refused to touch MFP). If I had've known hot tubs would be patched to base game, I'd've got LP instead. I spend some time saving up to buy the packs I own, so I feel like I've wasted money.

I do feel for base-game only simmers though, and I would've been less annoyed if they'd given us an in-the-ground or curved hot tub. While there would still be no new game-play involved for Patio owners (so still disapointing), it would've at least offered us a new look, instead of a frankenmesh/remesh(?) of items we could've combined ingame using moo.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,372 Member
    Yay
    To be honest, I forgot the hot tub even came with a pack
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Yay
    I have had Perfect Patio for a long time and I mostly use the furniture (the bar and counters look great outside) and CAS items (especially the bathing suits) more than the hot tub. I don't mind at all that a hot tube of a different style was added for everyone to the BG.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Yay
    I have perfect patio, I bought right when it came out but it’s been a long time ago and I bought the pack for more than the hot tub, I buy packs for everything in them. So yay for me!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yay
    I'm ok with it at this point. I also like the furniture in PP and actually use it sometimes. Maybe they can patch a new feature into Perfect Patio?
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Yay
    I'm a little torn, I was one of the ones who bought PP for the hot tubs. On the other hand I'm happy for the people who get to use the item now too So I guess I'm more in the Yay! column.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Nay
    I don't have perfect patio stuff, the hot tub was a selling point for the pack (most of the time people only bought the pack to have the hot tub); I don't let items persuade me to buy a pack, more like if the pack is going to change my gameplay based on how I want to play ( e.g. Moschino Stuff people hate the clothes, but the photo options added and career are a game changer for me; especially for those on console with no mods)

That said I'm Nay on them taking stuff from other packs that other people had to pay for, but I am Yay for the music and the patch updates to fix some of the bugs effecting peoples games.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited February 2020
    Nay
    I bought patio stuff as a pack that adds gameplay namely hot tubs, but now it is a pack with only re-skins of base game objects. I would never buy a stuff pack that has only re-skins and recolors, and yet as of this patch it seems I have. They emptied out the pack by stripping it from it's main gameplay feature (and by stripping I mean removing the exclusive nature of the item)
    Before anyone says I had years of enjoyment from this pack, I did not. I did not play sims 4 when this pack was released, I got it more recently.

To be clear, I don't mind if they patch in a feature from a pack that has other gameplay features left to make it worth while. I am OK with them patching in laptops and photography. Strangerville still has unique gameplay besides laptops and get to work still has plenty to offer without photography. Patio stuff on the other hand is now the only stuff pack without it's own gameplay.
    I'm ok with it at this point. I also like the furniture in PP and actually use it sometimes. Maybe they can patch a new feature into Perfect Patio?

Now that would be a trade off I might find acceptable, depending on the replacement feature. But let's be honest, that will never happen. They sold patio stuff to those who were interested and it doesn't make a difference to them if we are happy with our purchase. They already have our money.

To those who are saying they are happy with the free hot tub because they did not buy patio stuff : enjoy it. You turned out to be the smart ones who were not fooled by EA.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Yay
    im fine with it, just wish there was a bit more for their 20th anniversary
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Nay
    I don't have the pack so I'm actually getting a free item so yay for me. :)

Nay got my vote though because it really is unfair to take the one premium item out of a pack and give it away for free. It's the first line of "features" for the perfect patio pack. I do wonder how they will sell copies of that pack now, might have to permanently $5.99 it since it's only worth are some CAS and BB and not much at that.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yay
    I'm happy and I own the patio pack.

My reasoning.
    1) I really wanted another hot tub skin and I love this ones design
    2) I really love that ppl without the pack can have it too now. This in no way takes away anything from me. I still have what I paid for.
    3) I've had perfect patio for ages, even if I had bought the pack for the hot tub only (which I didn't), that's a couple years of game play for $10 (or $5 on sale) I've already had. Not bad.
    4) I can't build. Maybe there will be some more houses on the gallery with hot tubs now that more ppl have access to them, haha!
    5) Even if I had bought perfect patio for the hot tub only and I had just bought it two days ago for whatever reason... I STILL Haven't lost out on much. As I mentioned earlier, you win some, you lose some. It's a stuff pack and the price of a couple cups of coffee. I bought DU and RoM 4 days before they went on sale and it cost me much more but sometimes you just gotta shrug it off and take the loss. Life goes that way and maybe next time you'll catch the good deal.
    6. If it's an item I'd never ever use, well hey, it's easy to ignore and again, that's life. Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you don't. Maybe next time it'd be an item I would. (Hypothetical as this time around I"m enjoying it)

I DO wish there had been a bit more offered for the anniversary. But I'm also not disappointed with the hot tub.
    (On the other hand, usually it's whoever's anniversary/birthday it is that gets the gifts, not the guests haha! But yeah I realise that company's don't and shouldn't work that way.)
    Ideally I think a variety of items should have been given out so that more users would have gotten something they would use. Maybe 20 items for the 20th anniversary, even if they were small. Could have been released in a free pack like the holiday pack so that ppl had the choice to download or not even. Maybe we'll get more for the 25th hahaha! It kinda feels to me that they forgot their own anniversary tbh and just threw something together when they started seeing posts.

On that note, I do think there's some neat things coming to the Sims 4 (free babies one day? Just a hunch that they are secretly being worked on haha) and maybe they just have been working hard on those and weren't quite ready to release them yet. I'd prefer them to release when ready than to meet a specific date, so they work properly.

But anyways, yeah: the short answer is Yes, I'm happy with the hot tub.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yay
    Camkat wrote: »

Nay got my vote though because it really is unfair to take the one premium item out of a pack and give it away for free. It's the first line of "features" for the perfect patio pack. I do wonder how they will sell copies of that pack now, might have to permanently $5.99 it since it's only worth are some CAS and BB and not much at that.

would be cool if they moved some stuff packs into the free section.

perfect patio and my first pet stuff should be moved there.

they'll probably get flack for it like this cause some people paid for it, like i paid for both of those, but really they should be free at this point. they've made their profit now, so like, they aren't loosing out or anything.
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Yay
    I am happy for the people who hadn’t or couldn’t buy PPS, which has been available for 5 years.

5 years of exclusivity on an item is more than enough for $9.99 in a day and age where most games aren’t even relevant for 5 years.

There were plenty of other nice looking and useful things included with PPS that are still exclusive. It’s a STUFF pack, not a hot tub pack. The point was all the STUFF.

I got a good laugh at the featured swatch, which was iconic Sims Tacky design, the roof brought back fond memories of sending an annoying Sim out to use a hot tub in a bad storm on purpose, and honestly, my biggest disappointment is the entitlement, and underlying “me me me” that seems to have overrun the forums.

If you can’t be happy for the people who got a little something that they didn't have, or might not otherwise have ever gotten, and can only focus on what You didn’t get... well... 😬
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yay
    I've owned that pack since it came out. This hot tub wasn't pulled from the pack. It's about time base game gets a hot tub.

Playstation Plus members can also download TS4 free for the month. Was I expecting more out of EA for the anniversary? No. I just don't care.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    Yay
    Got PPS as part of a bundle when I started up with TS4, don't mind that other people are getting it now. Your having something doesn't take anything away from me. Plus, I want the developers to feel comfortable revisiting ideas from previous packs. I'm really uncomfortable with the idea that just because I paid/worked for something, it should always be at least that difficult for someone else to get.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yay
    It's been 5 yearsish since I paid for Perfect Patio. I got enough use out of it since then, including the furniture (which is what I most wanted the pack for) that I don't feel ripped off.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yay
    Perfect patio has been out for how many years now? Time that people who bought the pack had a hot tub and people who didn't buy it did not? Money well spent for the time.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited February 2020
    Nay
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »

would be cool if they moved some stuff packs into the free section.

perfect patio and my first pet stuff should be moved there.

they'll probably get flack for it like this cause some people paid for it, like i paid for both of those, but really they should be free at this point. they've made their profit now, so like, they aren't loosing out or anything.

You do have a point there its kind of a both a win lose situation and no matter how it pans out there will always be disappointed Simmers. For example if it wasn't the hotub from patio stuff but rather one of the grills that came with that pack that was recolored people would still be mad (even though grills are in the base game) or people would be disappointed because " its just a grill".

My question to you if you believe that some packs should be moved into the free bin, then what do they do with the Simmers that already paid for the packs? I feel like you have the right idea, but maybe they should of done something like fix babies or added cars, like everyone has asked for and no one would be upset and happy for everyone as a community.
    Post edited by NoirStasis on