Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    I'm horribly late since I last participated in April... Geez that was awhile ago. But I like this new twist developing story together idea. I love when characters cross over!! It's so much fun

You are not too late there is a "second chance" built-in .. in fact two of the entries we already have for Feb are second chancers ...
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    Voted and started work on part 2! A really hard vote again this time - as usual, all the entries were wonderful!
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    ooh stories are starting to come in already. I am not looking at them until I get mine started so that I don't get distracted or influenced, but I have selected my antagonist so there is that part, I think I even know who my part 3 add in character will be, but who knows. Sometimes these stories just develop themselves.
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Does anyone know what Part 3 will entail? I already have an idea swirling around in my head. I want to make sure it will work with next month's challenge. <3
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Part 3 will entail? I already have an idea swirling around in my head. I want to make sure it will work with next month's challenge. <3

I just know you'll choose another character from all the entries who will help your protagonist resolve the conflict between them and the antagonist from February.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    Thanks, @divanthesimmer .
    I did a rough character profile for Uri. I don't know how helpful it is, but I hope you enjoy!
    teKXYYU.png
    SmYcEjX.png
    EvfSzlc.png
    2PxQ6QU.png
    4UITUnO.png
    2GptYST.png
    LYefPip.png
    dvSDQgn.png
    m9fx98C.png
    Thanks, @divanthesimmer .
    I did a rough character profile for Uri. I don't know how helpful it is, but I hope you enjoy!
    teKXYYU.png
    SmYcEjX.png
    EvfSzlc.png
    2PxQ6QU.png
    4UITUnO.png
    2GptYST.png
    LYefPip.png
    dvSDQgn.png
    m9fx98C.png

I ADORE the tombstone Quote LOL
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited February 2020
    Finally completed my February Entry. Excuse the unimaginative title i just could not come up with anything that fit.
    This story uses 10 Images and boy I struggled cutting them down there was so much i wanted to show but think I chose the right ones... usually I take the bare minimum as I despise setting up screenshots but I really enjoyed it this time. And managed to stay below the max wordcount with only 887 words
    Fun fact.. i was up at 5am setting up the compound for the screenshot, Debug items everywhere rotting food, twig piles, trash piles and bags. A few dead plants. I finished and left my game for a minute, forgetting to pause. when i returned the entire garden was on fire including the seats and activity tables nearby . I have no idea how it happened. It was raining! and i'm not sure if lightning starts fires but I decided to keep it and use that image anyway.

cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

Charliimai wrote: »
    Finally completed my February Entry. Excuse the unimaginative title i just could not come up with anything that fit.
    This story uses 10 Images and boy I struggled cutting them down there was so much i wanted to show but think I chose the right ones... usually I take the bare minimum as I despise setting up screenshots but I really enjoyed it this time. And managed to stay below the max wordcount with only 887 words
    Fun fact.. i was up at 5am setting up the compound for the screenshot, Debug items everywhere rotting food, twig piles, trash piles and bags. A few dead plants. I finished and left my game for a minute, forgetting to pause. when i returned the entire garden was on fire including the seats and activity tables nearby . I have no idea how it happened. It was raining! and i'm not sure if lightning starts fires but I decided to keep it and use that image anyway.
    Screenshots, man. I absolutely love taking them, but sometimes it's a pain to get everything just right.
    I guess the fire is what you call a happy little accident. :tongue:
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 462 Member
    @Qnshr5, do you happen to have Wendy's aunt in the gallery? I don't necessarily need her for this chapter, but I might for the next one. I don't want to go into the mystery behind her attack too much, since that's your story, but since she's Wendy's biggest motivation, I don't want to ignore her, either.

So sorry I didn't see your message sooner @katrinasforest ! I honestly don't know how I missed it. :flushed: I actually just slapped a makeover on the athletic outfit of a sim I already had in-game to make aunt Louise so I don't have her in the gallery. However, I'll need her for flashbacks myself so I'm planning to redo her in a fully realized way and I can put that version in the gallery for you. I'll let you know when I do. I can't wait to read your part 2! :smiley:

7YZVoCi.png
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member

Screenshots, man. I absolutely love taking them, but sometimes it's a pain to get everything just right.
    I guess the fire is what you call a happy little accident. :tongue:

@15aewar that is one of the reasons i disike doing them. I never have much time so I'm usually rushing to get them done. Having to find the right pose or combination of poses to create the look i need, dwnload it, set it up when those sims never want to cooperate or the pose just doesn't look how you thought because facial expressions are wrong or something else just isn't right its just draining sometimes.
    However this time i had no issues.

An yep a happy accident :D
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @Charliimai I really like how you worked in Castaway Todd and set him up against Moon Beam. It's going to be interesting to see how their story concludes.

@Qnshr5 It's all good! I didn't end up needing her for this part, and I haven't totally decided how much she'll play into the final installment. I really hope you like how I worked Wendy into my story! It might have been a bit of a retcon, but I didn't want to go into the mystery of her aunt's killer too much, since that felt like your territory. (It's also entirely possible Straud is a big old liar. Not taking that off the table.) Anyways...

Here's my entry for February, Dawn and the Antagonistic Book Club:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2020/02/07/dawn-and-the-antagonistic-book-club/
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @katrinasforest I loved your entry! It's amazing seeing yet another take on Wendy Charring. (Boy, does she encounter vampires a lot...)
    I can't wait to see who out-manipulates whom next month!
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @15aewar Thanks! I think they're both clever characters who will do anything to get what they want, so it could go either way. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @Charliimai I really like how you worked in Castaway Todd and set him up against Moon Beam. It's going to be interesting to see how their story concludes.

@Qnshr5 It's all good! I didn't end up needing her for this part, and I haven't totally decided how much she'll play into the final installment. I really hope you like how I worked Wendy into my story! It might have been a bit of a retcon, but I didn't want to go into the mystery of her aunt's killer too much, since that felt like your territory. (It's also entirely possible Straud is a big old liar. Not taking that off the table.) Anyways...

Here's my entry for February, Dawn and the Antagonistic Book Club:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2020/02/07/dawn-and-the-antagonistic-book-club/

Enjoyed reading your story! Sorry about the double posting on your blog post (my Internet was giving me issues while posting my comment)! You can delete the first comment as I misspelled a word.
    phULnBI.png
    Last day to vote
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    Ok---I just finished voting, came back here to say so, and am in shock at how some people have finished their stories for February. Already?! Y'all are on point this year. Great series of monthly themes, great participation, great communal inspiration.

(If I didn't have to put all my creative juices toward work for the next few months, I'd participate. But I'll do my best to pop in every so often and help promote!)
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
    Votes are all in and what a crazy surprise this month was!

Not only have we had new scribblers throw their hat into the ring ...

BUT it seems that the readers were so interested in this wild venture (the vote and theme blog had a whopping 217 blog reads and of those 51 stuck around to vote) .. def a step up. Seems our readers appreciate something new in their readers LOL

NOW for the real shocker .. the vote results in the veteran category .. a 3-way tie for first .. a 2-way tie for third (with one vote difference between 3rd and 4th we almost had a 4-way tie for 3rd)

Novices also a fairly tight race .. great job there too!

Wonderful job scribblers!

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge: February 2020 Theme & January 2020 Submissions (Winner's Update)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited February 2020
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Votes are all in and what a crazy surprise this month was!

Not only have we had new scribblers throw their hat into the ring ...

BUT it seems that the readers were so interested in this wild venture (the vote and theme blog had a whopping 217 blog reads and of those 51 stuck around to vote) .. def a step up. Seems our readers appreciate something new in their readers LOL

NOW for the real shocker .. the vote results in the veteran category .. a 3-way tie for first .. a 2-way tie for third (with one vote difference between 3rd and 4th we almost had a 4-way tie for 3rd)

Novices also a fairly tight race .. great job there too!

Wonderful job scribblers!

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge: February 2020 Theme & January 2020 Submissions (Winner's Update)

Wow...I am absolutely shocked by how this turned out. The voting results just goes to show how great each and every entry is and that there is no "bad" story. Looks like we should do this again sometime! Thank you to everyone who voted for me and congrats to all the other winners! 💚
    phULnBI.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Congrats to all the winners! I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the background stories! Job well-done everyone!
    I will get the 8 billion banners out today
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I will get the 8 billion banners out today

LOL! 😂
    phULnBI.png
  • breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member
    Wow, thank you so much to everyone who voted and congrats to the other winners & everyone who wrote this month! Great cast of characters here. I could hardly even choose.

The good news is that after a week of mental blankness I woke up this morning with a plot as if I had been working on it all night. Stay tuned.
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    Congratulations to the winners on the polls! This has been quite fun so far so I am really looking forward to where everyone goes with the stories. I have just gotten started on my own 2nd part. In the meantime, I thought I would share this here just for the fun of it. The REAL Castaway Todd.

the-real-ct.jpeg?w=1040
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
    Minraed wrote: »
    Congratulations to the winners on the polls! This has been quite fun so far so I am really looking forward to where everyone goes with the stories. I have just gotten started on my own 2nd part. In the meantime, I thought I would share this here just for the fun of it. The REAL Castaway Todd.

the-real-ct.jpeg?w=1040

Wow! So he was actually based on a real person?
    phULnBI.png