Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 20th Anniversary Giveaway

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm not going to get in an uproar....(yet) There's still lots of time for something to come to the dedicated PC players. What? I'm not even going to speculate.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I am truly starting to think they only about money....

Only starting to, eh?

It's been that way for a long, loooooong time unfortunately.

• VampireSapphireVampireSapphire Posts: 90 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Such a great gift! Out of the THOUSANDS of players only 20 will get a free game code! The best part, it excludes every Simmer that owns all the packs!!

I've run out of sarcastic things to say.

I think millions play the game at this point. So yea out of millions of players, only 20 of us could get a code. It’s outrageous is what it is

Yep I think that's clear, theyll have to start shaping up tho if paralives ends up any good itll be good for them to have competition (not sold on it yet we've not seen the life gameplay but they seem very receptive to what people want)
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited February 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Such a great gift! Out of the THOUSANDS of players only 20 will get a free game code! The best part, it excludes every Simmer that owns all the packs!!

I've run out of sarcastic things to say.

I think millions play the game at this point. So yea out of millions of players, only 20 of us could get a code. It’s outrageous is what it is

Yep I think that's clear, theyll have to start shaping up tho if paralives ends up any good itll be good for them to have competition (not sold on it yet we've not seen the life gameplay but they seem very receptive to what people want)

I CANNOT wait for Paralives to come out...hope they make EA have a run for their money..

OH I knew it was all about money but I thought maybe just a wee bit they cared...but I know 100% they don't.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Thanks for sharing @simgirl1010 I've had 20 years playing a game I love and hope for 20 more.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    edited February 2020
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing @simgirl1010 I've had 20 years playing a game I love and hope for 20 more.

You're welcome. :) I've also been playing for 20 years and have enjoyed every version released. <3
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited February 2020
    logion wrote: »
    Yeah, they reused a picture from their 15th anniversary.
    Now let's be fair. The background was updated to make everyone who played TS1 on Win95 feel nostalgic.
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    i'm not going to dance my 37 week pregnant butt around for a free code, that's for sure.

Congrats I'm 36 weeks currently and playing sims a lot now I have a lot of free time x

Congratulations! :D! the end is near haha.
    Sims can be what takes our time until baby is born lol.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Come to think of it, if they want to keep it as a secret (things for anniversary - IF only there's any), they're just going to make it worse. It's pretty sad. It's supposed to be a day where everyone could enjoy & celebrate. :( And to make it worse, it's already on the 5th Feb over here.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    As usual, always on Twitter. Those of us on the forums or any other OFFICIAL SIMS SITE get nothing. Oh joy :/
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    A patch for the PC version just popped.
    iscQh5U.png
    A patch for the PC version just popped.

New hot tub and a heart vibratng bed from the old game (which I loved)
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    not seeing a bed lol
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
    not seeing a bed lol

don't mind me...my mind must have been playing tricks on me....I saw (or thought I saw) on a different thread a heartbed ....and for the life of me can't find it....I've gone crazy.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Social trollworking site only? not going to happen.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    It's kinda funny b/c them giving away codes is like, entirely pointless to those of us who have already bought everything. "Thanks for buying our game, you get nothing."

We and now everyone else get a hot tub - pretty sure I had to buy a stuff pack for one of those.
    Oh and songs - I don't listen to the songs - I usually play without sound.
    20 years I have been simming and heck we got better stuff weekly with the sims 1
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Seriously? This is what we get for 20 years of our money - a small chance for a game code for a game we already have? And on Twitter that many of us do not use, and have to do odd things for it? Wow - just like the cable companies that only offer the goodies to new customers and not the ones that have been giving them all their money for years.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Eh, I don't even have a Twitter account. I can barely stand having a Facebook account. Mom to keep in touch though.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    I don't really do any of that kinda fun stuff in dressing up and such, but I have played the game since the very first and still happily have all the boxes from Ts1 all the way up to today, Minus Katy Perry stuff.. I mean.. c'mon.. But I do have all the content currently for Ts4 so myself I dont need the codes. However I have a friend who was very kind in Ts3 who gifted a ton of content from the store there back in the day and has been having a bit of a hard time latelly with having to move their family and until recently had only played Ts3 and is just starting Ts4. So if I could get some codes to send to them, I would definitely do that!
  • lenaclan123lenaclan123 Posts: 2 New Member
    Looking forward to it.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I feel way too old to do any of that stuff. I don't even have a tiktok.

Is there a contest for working thirty-somethings who aspire to be Agnes Crumblebottom?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't have social media, but good luck to those who entered
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

Is there a contest for working thirty-somethings who aspire to be Agnes Crumblebottom?

I'm not interested with any of those challenges either. But, you could probably join this. Just add any packs on your wish list & they will randomly gifted to any one of us.

OID:- x4m1r4
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

I'm not interested with any of those challenges either. But, you could probably join this. Just add any packs on your wish list & they will randomly gifted to any one of us.

This is a lot better and a little more exciting.

However, nothing I've seen here yet rewards anyone who's already purchased all the packs for TS4. Everything is geared towards brand new simmers which doesn't say much for them valuing the long term customers of the franchise. I think we still have all week of this though so there still might be more yet.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    How do you add items to your wishlist? I don’t see any wishlist links in Origin.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: