Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should we be able to knit?

Comments

• TahluaTahlua Posts: 20 Member
    Carpet, blancket for bed, sofa and chair, shawl, hats and scarfs, socks and gloves, long fingerless gloves, leg warmer, table decor, toys
  • CherrysamaCherrysama Posts: 13 New Member
    Cat and dog toys. I real life my cat loves knitted toys :)
  • Hyper_KeyHyper_Key Posts: 26 Member
    Decent hats that actually cover the ears, escpecially for TODDLERS. Scarves, knitted jackets that act as separate objects, like hats do.
    And scarves, really. I get cold just thinking about the poor kids and their cold necks. Do you not have cold winters where this is developed???
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Cherrysama wrote: »
    Cat and dog toys. I real life my cat loves knitted toys :)

Oh, yes! Same here. I definitely second this suggestion.
  • ArheiaArheia Posts: 8 New Member
    > @GalacticCen said:
    > PILLOWS! Be able to knit pillows then place them on couches and chairs!! :)

I second this one! x)
  • sweettyellowsweettyellow Posts: 2 New Member
    I think it'd be really cool if we could knit clothes like sweaters, hats, or mittens! And for anybody who has the cats and dogs expansion, we could also knit clothes for the pets! :0
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @Chazzzy This reminds me of an episode of Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories, in which an extremely socially awkward knitting freak finds her perfect match, who both found her through, and found through her, an obession with knitting, himself. They lived happily ever after looking like Grandma's Flea Market. It was psycho-crazy-creepy-cute.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • pkstracypkstracy Posts: 12 New Member
    Ugh nothing, would rather have the haunted one.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    @Chazzzy This reminds me of an episode of Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories, in which an extremely socially awkward knitting freak finds her perfect match, who both found her through, and found through her, an obession with knitting, himself. They lived happily ever after looking like Grandma's Flea Market. It was psycho-crazy-creepy-cute.

Haha I don’t think I’m ready
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Most of the comments on "where are the mittens" have been over in the voting thread, but I'm going to post my response here, because it's more about what we can knit.

First off, I agree that mittens are adorable and they'd be really cute for kids and toddlers. I have a love hate realtionship with them in the real world - love, because they keep my hands warmer than gloves, hate because I loose a lot of fine manipulation.

And that last point is why we may not get mittens, no matter how much we want them. Because there may be animation issues that CC can get away with that Maxis can't. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope we get mittens to knit. But if we don't, I'm going to assume that it was an animation issue, not that they didn't listen.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Sometimes I think that sims should be able to combine knitting and woodwork (like making chairs with cushions), but that will be too much, won't it?
  • RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    > @EgonVM said:
    > Sometimes I think that sims should be able to combine knitting and woodwork (like making chairs with cushions), but that will be too much, won't it?

thats actually an amazing idea and it would be so cool :o !! I hope that this happens :')
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU
  • RainesimsRainesims Posts: 901 Member
    I'd like knitting to add to gameplay like maybe like add knitting classes or something or make a knitting event or something like that, they should be able to get paid to kit stuff too like get commissions for certain items and be able to sell them on like a ts4 version of etsy xD or be able to look for ideas online and stuff like that, it would be cool if they can make a variety of different clothes like jumpers and ponchos and stuff, as well as puppets and toys and throws/blankets etc. I want all the knitting to have more function than just "admire" xD
    QWO48ni.jpg

gallery: RainesimsUwU
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    Clothes, toys for children/childish sims, decor.
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    Trap annoying sims in knitted cocoon.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seeing the other voting selection I will say everything we are able to knit be it gloves scarfs for adult female should also have a male, children and toddler version to knit enough favoring adult female Sims not all of us prefer playing them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Seeing the other voting selection I will say everything we are able to knit be it gloves scarfs for adult female should also have a male, children and toddler version to knit enough favoring adult female Sims not all of us prefer playing them.

True that! Is this sexism I smell against male sims?? Hmmmm and baby’s yet born hmmmm and older sims HMMMMM I gotta go to bed lol do not take any of this seriously.
  • MyTrueLoveTS1MyTrueLoveTS1 Posts: 32 Member
    The clothing style that I liked was from "cozy craft workshop". But I thought the look of the room from "DIY delight" was more intersting.
    I'm really not sure why we could not have separate votes for the clothing and room style?
  • Pupplylover2883Pupplylover2883 Posts: 25 Member
    sweaters, scarves, mittens, pet clothes!
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Bones
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Clothes are the obvious thing, from slippers to mittens, hats, sweaters and scarves. Other than that, I really want to see some knitted toys for kids and/or pets. It would be nice to also have some decorative items, though the things that come to mind for items are mostly tied to bigger objects in Sims 4, like blankets (for beds or couches) and cushions. I guess carpets, wall decorations or table decor (sadly, I don't know the English name for what I'm thinking of) would be feasible.

Oh! How about one of those water bottles you can use when you have a stomach ache? We could knit some (the covers, obviously), there could be plain models and cutesy animal-shaped models, and sims could use them when they are feeling sick to get back on their feet, much like orange juice and naps can help. That would be super nice and tie in to other gameplay, which is something I always want to see.

Not quite knitting, but could kids also make those braided friendship bracelets? They could pick the colors and give it to other people.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Bones
    Like a Bonehilda doll? I would love that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Everything
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Baby mobiles would be cute

f297f1d77e505195b2b3065481d61b94.jpg
    8389e25db4c65f953ae19f85cba90390.jpg
    8be05187e96a1611badf7b4f3d39e582.jpg
    549cd186b6ab046f67d1f721aa727346.jpg
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    has anyone heard when the knitting stuff is coming out? thanks in advance for info.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top