Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW UPDATE?!

Comments

• LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Apparently there will always be someone who will be never satisfied. Peace.

I apreciate anything we get. Thanks to gurus for their effort. It means a lot. They create the game I absolutely adore <3 I can't wait to check it in my game.

Yeah no offence but it's the 20th anniversary, 2 full decades of purchasing (what some may fairly consider way too many) games and packs off of this company. And they celebrate it with: a hot tub, 4 or so songs, and a giveaway. Idk but... Yeah it's underwhelming. I can like a game and still consider this bs. But to each his own.

I am disappointed. I had no expectations, but I am still somewhat underwhelmed. Is the heart-shaped bed there? Didn't see it in the patch notes. If it is, I guess I am off to build a sleazy motel for clandestine love affairs. :D

Nope, no bed. Just the hot tub.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    This is it? 4 songs and a hot tub? I should have known when we found out they don't even bother to host a maxis monthly for this patch.

So the hot tub is now basegame? That would mean patio stuff is just 'stuff' without a single piece of unique gameplay.
    Now I really feel stupid for spending real life money on patio stuff. :/

I suppose this is nice for those who only own the basegame.

As I said in a different thread. They don't care about all the loyal fans that have bought the game 4 times since 2000. All they care about is the new batch that don't buy anything so they can keep them interested enough for the Sims 5 roll out.

I think they forget that it's the long term simmers who have the disposable income. Not the kids who rely on mommy, daddy, and free updates for their games.

*This is me going back to waiting.....and waiting.....and waiting for decent content and an overhaul to sims 4 personalities*

Makes me wonder if they missed this poll in the feedback section or deliberately ignored it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    Can you blame us for being upset? It's been 20 YEARS! 20 YEARS we have devoted to this game...and we only get a lousy hottub.....

I just didn't release this community was so obsessed with getting something for nothing, then virtually screaming when it doesn't fit the expectations. I'm just...saddened by how negative the community's got. That's all. <3

This... 100%😔😔
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Is it impossible to get an in-ground hot tub? Just don't wanna make the animations for that I guess...
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    edited February 2020
    Deleted
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    I just didn't release this community was so obsessed with getting something for nothing, then virtually screaming when it doesn't fit the expectations. I'm just...saddened by how negative the community's got. That's all. <3
    It's not for nothing. They wouldn't even have this anniversary without us spending hundreds, even thousands of dollars on them over the course of 20 years. They even talk about how they couldn't have done it without us, and how grateful they are for the support over the years.

That seems like a reasonable thing that studios do on anniversaries. "Thanks for all your support, we love you". On top of that we got some free stuff in an update.

I didn't get anything. I already paid for hot tubs.

It's a diff one :). I have perfect patio too but this one is not the ones from that pack.

It's a hot tub....with a roof. It's the same. It's not in ground. It doesn't do anything different than the ones I PAID for. I got NOTHING for 20 years of simming and spending money on 4 different versions of the same packs.

The other one doesn't have a roof so not the same. I'm not saying it came with new gameplay, just that it's not the same one. I also have played 20 years and have spent a lot including buying previous hottubs. I still got a new one. I'm thrilled, I've been wanting a new one for ages. You don't have to like it but you still got it and it's still a new item. 🤷‍♀️

Personally I Dont care about the new music cuz I play with the game muted, but I can't say I didn't get the songs cuz I did.

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    It's not for nothing. They wouldn't even have this anniversary without us spending hundreds, even thousands of dollars on them over the course of 20 years. They even talk about how they couldn't have done it without us, and how grateful they are for the support over the years.

That seems like a reasonable thing that studios do on anniversaries. "Thanks for all your support, we love you". On top of that we got some free stuff in an update.

It's a diff one :). I have perfect patio too but this one is not the ones from that pack.

It's a hot tub....with a roof. It's the same. It's not in ground. It doesn't do anything different than the ones I PAID for. I got NOTHING for 20 years of simming and spending money on 4 different versions of the same packs.

The other one doesn't have a roof so not the same. I'm not saying it came with new gameplay, just that it's not the same one. I also have played 20 years and have spent a lot including buying previous hottubs. I still got a new one. I'm thrilled, I've been wanting a new one for ages. You don't have to like it but you still got it and it's still a new item. 🤷‍♀️

Personally I Dont care about the new music cuz I play with the game muted, but I can't say I didn't get the songs cuz I did.

I am starting to think a lot of you are missing the point we are trying to make....
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2020
    Well Vladdy will be happy for the ones unhappy
    sedRFFk.png
    except perhaps not this time because he almost died in sun cause I wanted to test out the animations :sweat_smile:
    (woohoo animation is cute as heck tho wat
    but I suppose I should protect children from vlads zebra swimmers)
    sDx6Xwo.png
    hot tubs are dangerous
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

I am starting to think a lot of you are missing the point we are trying to make....

I'm not missing it. I'm just not commenting on it. You all can go ahead and be not impressed with what you got and use the hot tub or not use it to your discretion. I don't care lol.

As another 20 year long simmer who purchased other hot tubs earlier I'll be over here letting my sims enjoy their new one with the roof and cool design.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2020
    I agree with the above post by missy. I should probably just keep my mouth shut but I don't feel like we're being fair to the team. I know people have Dissapointments with this game in general but we were not promised anything for free. And imagine how Dissapointed the gurus feel that they are trying to have fun with us and celebrate (show me another game that does that) and give us free stuff and we're treating them badly and throwing tantrums as missy stated. On the anniversary when we should be happy and sharing fun stories with eachother. Like seriously? 🙈🙈
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    To be honest this 20th anniversary update does not shock me one bit. I've watched The Sims games go from great to a bug infested young adult simulator. I've watched Sims developers go from fantastic to just not really caring about quality game play. I've also watched how Sims brought players together in the beginning and now how Sims divides players in the community.

It does not shock me at all that the patch is so under whelming. It's the new Maxis, that doesn't care about their forum customers... just the wallet. If that makes me toxic and lame for supporting them for 20 years, what does it say about Maxis?

^---- THIS
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I agree with the above post by missy. I should probably just keep my mouth shut but I don't feel like we're being fair to the team. I know people have Dissapointments with this game in general but we were not promised anything for free. And imagine how Dissapointed the gurus feel that they are trying to have fun with us and celebrate (show me another game that does that) and give us free stuff and we're treating them badly and throwing tantrums as missy stated. On the anniversary when we should be happy and sharing fun stories with eachother. Like seriously? 🙈🙈
    Final Fantasy Online to mention just one.

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2020
    I expected a playable version of Baby Yoda so not shocked, my expectations haven't been high for the Sims 4 for years and now even lower with the Sims future. Also just because I suggest an idea for the Sims doesn't mean it will happen especially on Sims forums. I never expected even toddlers to be made even though it was hinted at by EA staff it was in the process.

Probably why there is this meme:
    ea-shut-up.jpg

I do like this picture though which is good advice. I remember the first time the community got disappointed was with the Star Wars outfits which was way overhyped.

7710eaf8edfe5ffcf9db433721f53bc8.jpg

At least this time they kept the hype low.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    It's the new Maxis, that doesn't care about their forum customers... just the wallet. If that makes me toxic and lame for supporting them for 20 years, what does it say about Maxis?

It's EA. When EA bought Maxis and shoved all the old Devs out, things started to deteriorate. So many old school Maxis devs have left in the recent years or prior to sims 4 release for this reason.

• PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2020
    Not disappointed surprised, as my expectations were low, but I have to confess I was hoping for cars... lol.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Meh, okay It's a hot tub. Just so so. Do the plumbobs stay the same green color or do they change? I can't tell if they are part of the hot tube or if the plumbobs are just on that swatch.
    giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top