Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCCC Story Progression.

I'm just curious about the story progression part of the MCCC mod. I currently have it all disabled as I play rotational and I like to have complete control but I'm curious if it's possible to have some story progression in my game without it touching my played families at all? I'm just thinking that it would be nice to have all the empty homes filled and for them to progress in the background while I carry on my playing and keeping full control of what happens with my families. Is that even possible?

Thanks in advance for any replies. <3

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    I just enabled it in a brand-new save after playing totally in-control rotationally, like you are, for years. Yes, you can set it to fill empty homes, marry people off, have kids etc. while excluding your played families from being touched.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,856 Member
    edited February 2020
    Just remember to set pregnancies like "married only" :P I didn't when I first tried and...
    ... yes it did bypass my played families (If remember right that setting is set by default, bypassing active families) , and oh boy there were babies with lots of different fathers and so on :P
    After I set pregnancies to happen when married only, I had only "regular" families at the background :)
    ETA: naturally , if you do not care do they have kids only with their spouses , then no need to do that :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Yes, you can exclude played sims/households, active or non-active. But it's not an all-or-nothing type of mod - you can also set percentages on a lot of things (ie, 20% of the available YA population will be eligible to get married, or 50% of houses should remain empty, that sort of thing). Nearly anything can be adjusted or tweaked.

You might consider making a test save and seeing what it does out of the gate for a few game days so you can get an idea of how you want to set things. I made the mistake of not adjusting any of the settings at first and ended up with baby anarchy, like Ellupelluellu. Once I started figuring out where I did or didn't want caps on things it became a lot more helpful.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,856 Member
    Yes :) Test save first is best.
    I play long age span, I have pregnancy and marriages set to happen only once a week, and much lower percent on YAs than adults.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I have MC Story Progression always on but I don't play rotationally. I actually keep up family trees on every single townie family in my town while playing my own household c:
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    It is the main mod that I cannot live without.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2020
    I just enabled it in a brand-new save after playing totally in-control rotationally, like you are, for years. Yes, you can set it to fill empty homes, marry people off, have kids etc. while excluding your played families from being touched.

How does it work though? I have aging off for everybody except the current household in my game as it is now. Do I have to change my aging settings for it to work?

Edit: Ignore this. I just checked the settings and saw the check box for aging unplayed homes. :D
    Post edited by Sharonia on
    Thank you so much for all the replies. This is great to know. Is there possibly a guide somewhere that shows how to set it all up? I get easily confused with mccc settings.
    edited February 2020
    Ignore this. I clicked the wrong option, Lol. :D
  • MadameSimMadameSim Posts: 29 Member
    Yes, you can exclude played sims/households, active or non-active. But it's not an all-or-nothing type of mod - you can also set percentages on a lot of things (ie, 20% of the available YA population will be eligible to get married, or 50% of houses should remain empty, that sort of thing). Nearly anything can be adjusted or tweaked.

You might consider making a test save and seeing what it does out of the gate for a few game days so you can get an idea of how you want to set things. I made the mistake of not adjusting any of the settings at first and ended up with baby anarchy, like Ellupelluellu. Once I started figuring out where I did or didn't want caps on things it became a lot more helpful.

How do you set percentages? Also, whenever I go to the pregnancy settings it's only available when I click on a specific sim. Would it be applied to only that sim or globally?