Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Get Rid Of The Plumbbob?

Ah, another update and another amendment required of the default file in the game bin...

If you like to play without the plumbbob dangling over your sims head you will know what I'm talking about I am sure. It got me wondering how many people out there have to do this after every single update.

So... do you get rid of that plumbbob or do you like it hovering up there over your head?

Do You Get Rid Of The Plumbbob? 204 votes

I edit the default file every update
3%
elanorbretonPegasysblueybluesky83bienchenbionicdessertsSassielogionsomewhsome 8 votes
I use a start-up cheat to keep it at bay
6%
sekojranaSimplyJenGracieO312bizuktagRedDestiny92musteniAHolyToiletJojoMOMSTERFirandemickimagnumQueenarellaSimme729ArcherDK 13 votes
I use a mod to get rid of it
2%
PseudonymsthecatsredernesdoSAEldarinEvie0602divanthesimmer 6 votes
I don't like the plumbbob but I don't know how to get rid of it
9%
Simmervilleasimbsimakaniki0Bird166MoonfoxNightcryfullspiralvanee4KendranaEvilyn_1007munroeleRavenSpitSERVERFRAQueenofMyshunoForgeronihaveaplaniswearMikkiMikkiMikkiMsimsplayer86CaptainElsafaeriedusteTipsymermaid9719 20 votes
I like it, plumbbobs for the world!
75%
Bluegayleauroraael14Frn0731icmnfrshIcewolfgrevilliabluejeepjeepcatIceyJdraculusa2003TWSimGamer82Colorist40AprilDawnlisamwittCamkatAddisAdaPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarxMintjoelygirlsims2MaryVann 154 votes
What's a plumbbob?
1%
xoJessiSimzilla_7Faberries 3 votes

Comments

• FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    What's a plumbbob?
    I don’t mind it. I do remove it with cheats, when i wanna take screenshots
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    That's how I keep track of my sims , especially in a houseful of 8
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I love the plumbob. Aside from the Freezer Bunny, it's my favorite thing from this game. I do usually hide it for screenshots but otherwise, I leave it alone.

As a side note, I love the plumbob so much that my husband got me a plumbob lamp for Christmas. It shuffles through the colors.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Always, otherwise it would always be in screenshots.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    What's a plumbbob?
    @SweetieWright_84 that’s adorable!
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Faberries wrote: »
    @SweetieWright_84 that’s adorable!

I love it. He said, "Sims have one, I should too." Yeah, he's cheesy like that :D.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I think I'd have a hard time keeping track who is active at the moment without the plumbob, but never tried removing it, so I don't know for sure.

The only messing around with the plumbob I'm doing is using a mod that equalizes it for all sims, as I find the occult ring around non-humans' plumbobs humiliating.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited February 2020
    I don't even notice the plumbob most of the time and when I do it doesn't bother me at all.
    I only use "headlineeffects off" when I take screenshots, but I turn them back on right after. I didn't even know that there is another way to get rid of the plumbob.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I wouldn’t say that I “like” it but it doesn’t bother me enough to look for a workaround to remove it.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i haven't updated yet but i like it cause i have a lot of big famlies so it helpswith knowing who to look after first.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I can't be bothered to toggle it off... Causes me slight anxiety not having it on for some reason :'D
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    There's a mod I have that removes it for screenshots, but leaves it on for regular play, which is what I prefer.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I wish I had one above my head as well.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I’d imagine that the game would be weird without it. If I want it out of screenshots, I just switch to another sim off-screen.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    20 years in I'm conditioned to expect the plumbob. I think I'd lose track of my sim without it!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I didn't even realize you could remove it. I like the plumbbob it wouldn't feel like the sims without it but now that I know I can turn it off for screenshots I'm going to try to remember to do that.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I didn't even realize you could remove it. I like the plumbbob it wouldn't feel like the sims without it but now that I know I can turn it off for screenshots I'm going to try to remember to do that.

testingcheats on
    headlineeffects off/on (keep in mind, this removes the pop ups for sim names, ages, etc)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I use a start-up cheat to keep it at bay
    I only want to get rid of it for the screenshots, doesn't bother me otherwise. When I take it off I leave it off because I take a lot of screenies.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    There's a mod I have that removes it for screenshots, but leaves it on for regular play, which is what I prefer.

Could you please post the link, @thecatsred ? Thanks in advance
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I like removing it for screenshots, but other than that I don't mind it.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I really do not care either way. I would prefer to get rid of the skill progress bar above their head instead.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I didn't even know people were removing plumbobs. XD
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    It's a quick and easy way to just space bar through the sims to make sure their needs are okay, then go back to what I was doing before.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Wow, I never expected to be so much in the minority!

For me, I only started doing this a few years ago as I was sick of typing in the hideheadlines cheat for every screenshot (I take a lot of pics), and then I just got used to playing with no plumbbob so now I find it too distracting to keep it.

I do have a special plumbbob in the drawer of my bedside table though :) it's a key ring plumbbob.