Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you expect something for the 20th anniversary?

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,402 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    At this point ...
    A tweet
    Maybe a shirt or something in the patch
    and (hopefully) a 3 month road map

Yeah, that last is possibly expecting too much.

A road map for the next months would have been a great anniversary surprise.

As for the sale, I am yet again disappointed but not surprised that they didn't include all stuff packs.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

Didn't we have these in TS3? I'd actually like to have those back.. hehe :#
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    > @Elliandre said:
    > I've only been playing Sims 4 for less than a year, do they usually do something on Feb. 4th? I'm not expecting anything. I thought the big Sale on all the expansion and game packs happening now was the 20th-anniversary celebration? Is there an anniversary patch today?

This sale is the same sale we got in the summer, then again on black Friday, and again on Christmas...there is nothing special about this sale.
  • MistletoebellMistletoebell Posts: 1 New Member
    Well I logged onto Sims 4 in great anticipation for maybe a 20th Anniversary cake, picture or even a teddy to celebrate this huge milestone......But ...nothing! Is this EA's way of saying "We don't give a sh-t, just buy more add ons as they are on sale..... :(
  • lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member
    > @Mistletoebell said:
    > Well I logged onto Sims 4 in great anticipation for maybe a 20th Anniversary cake, picture or even a teddy to celebrate this huge milestone......But ...nothing! Is this EA's way of saying "We don't give a sh-t, just buy more add ons as they are on sale..... :(

I don't know where you're from/what time zone you're in but I searched for California where the sims office is and found out that the clock is like 3.30 AM Tuesday the 4th of February there. So I guess we've to wait. Usually, they release things around 10 AM PST which here in Sweden is 8 PM (7 AM UK time).
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited February 2020
    Well I logged onto Sims 4 in great anticipation for maybe a 20th Anniversary cake, picture or even a teddy to celebrate this huge milestone......But ...nothing! Is this EA's way of saying "We don't give a sh-t, just buy more add ons as they are on sale..... :(

Yeah, it was 3am for them when you posted, so you might need to wait a few more hours. Usually I don't see anything new added or updates until about 7pm my time (UK). It's not quite fair to say they haven't done anything, they're not even awake yet. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    I'm so anxious for something... I think I might cry if we don't get anything at ALL... Like... Its such a special day... 20 years... 246 months... 1040 weeks... 7305 days... 175320 hours... 10519200 minutes... 631152000 seconds... Só many precious moments we lived in each of those little numbers...
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Forgeron wrote: »
    I'm so anxious for something... I think I might cry if we don't get anything at ALL... Like... Its such a special day... 20 years... 246 months... 1040 weeks... 7305 days... 175320 hours... 10519200 minutes... 631152000 seconds... Só many precious moments we lived in each of those little numbers...

Anxious for what? I'm pretty sure the twiiter giveaway is the sim's 20th anniversary gift.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Forgeron wrote: »

Anxious for what? I'm pretty sure the twiiter giveaway is the sim's 20th anniversary gift.

This team is a joke...how do people stand for this?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    The sims team lowering the expectation bar yet again! 😂 Sorry but I didn't expect anything, and I still find this anticlimactic.
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    No longer expecting anything, no tweet regarding an update for us PC players.
    a giveaway that allows 20 out of 20 million players to have a copy of a pack they choose?
    I'm exhausted with waiting for them to impress me now, if only they treated us the way they did when sims 2 released.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
    Heart bed from the firstgame.
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    I take back my statement, i'm pleasantly surprised we have now got an update!!
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
    Question, what exactly is in the patch?

Also if anyone would like a copy of TS2:
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Meh...so much they could have done. BUT, I am liking the new heart bed (loved that item)....but I would have loved something game changing..but this is the TS4..so...
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Meh...so much they could have done. BUT, I am liking the new heart bed (loved that item)....but I would have loved something game changing..but this is the TS4..so...

Is it in there? I wonder why they didn't write it in the patch notes. Haven't updated yet as I'm frustrated tryin to put together an outfit for an event I don't want to attend while procrastinating on the forums 😂
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    In the patch notes, it does say “to start off the celebrations” which sounds like this is just the beginning and there could be something more. Assuming they wouldn’t keep releasing patches for every small gift added and this patch is the extent of game updates for now, it could be that there will be an announcement of some sort.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Decided to check back up and see if anything happened since it's now 1 in my timezone.

Glad I had 0 expectations for anything cool today. 3 bug fixes, and a hot tub; an ugly one at that. Because of course, why on the 20th anniversary celebrate by adding something for all ages? Nah, just more stuff for only adults! It's not like they're the only ones who ever get anything.

Oh well, maybe next anniversary they'll remember that kids and toddlers exist.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    @NationalPokedex I was kind of thinking the same thing but I also don't want to get my hopes up too high. I'm thinking if it's anything it will be an announcement for a new pack and not more free stuff though

(Also it will never ever happen but I keep hoping they would put the Sims 1 on origin)
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Why is a sale considered a celebration? I already have all the packs I want 😠
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    LMAO we got a hot tub and some music...yay 20 years!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited February 2020
    Between all the hilarious and brutal comments, both here and on Twitter, I'm having a lot of fun. Best anniversary ever.

Though I gotta say, it's kind of weird how Sims 4's fifth anniversary patch had way more than the entire franchise's 20th anniversary patch.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Mind-blowing, outrageous, unexpected, never-been-done-before, outstanding, remarkable, 10/10.

I can't believe my eyes. A hot tub??? I'm so happy OMG
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2020
    Your celebration picture on twitter has a gnome that says "15" and now you give us a hot tub from Perfect Patio that was released in 2015...