Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! Two Bad Cops

I was really inspired by the "Autonomy-On" players, so I decided to give my Sims some personal freedom to see what they would do. At first, nothing much happened, just some extra afternoon napping, spontaneous push-ups in the dining room, 3 a.m. quick meals out of the fridge, and showers ... in the rain. I decided to keep up with it, thinking what's the harm, not much happens with Autonomy-On anyway. Until now! My whole town of Willow Creek has been torn apart and I'm not sure what to do. So I've decided to let, whoever wants to, vote on my next action. Please someone vote and tell me what to do!

The tea is that I have two Sims who are Cops in Willow Creek. Both are loving husbands. Both are fathers. Both work at the same police station. Both have new toddlers. One of them, Phoenix Piper (a Police Officer), is friends and neighbours with Skip Broke, who is friends with John Burb (also a Police Officer). Since the Broke's are often visiting the Burb's, having bonds from Sims 2 days and their kids, Beau and Lucy, are good friends, it seemed fitting for Skip to invite Phoenix, his wife Raelyn and their new toddler boy along one day to meet the new Burb twin boys. The way I saw it unfold in my head, the two cops would become instant friends, having so much in common, working together at the station, and having toddlers the same age. I imagined all the toddler playdates I could plan, their wives would take the kids to the park while their husbands solved crime, they would spend Festivals at San Myshuno together, family camping trips at Granite Falls ... but that's not what happened.

From the moment they met, it was just instant arguments. These two Sims have an inexplicable hatred for one another. Their social bars are maxed out in red. Their wives have pleaded with them to make amends and fix their relationship and they keep saying they will, but lies, they just fight constantly on every single lot. No matter how hard I try to build back up their socials, as soon as I leave them on Autonomy, they start fighting themselves back into the red. One time, they even got in a fight in the police station outside the jail cell lol. They yell and fight in the park in front of kids, they ruin dinner parties, they become a public spectacle at festivals, they won't stay quiet in libraries, and no matter where my Sims go, they both show up. Willow Creek was a quiet, peaceful town. And these two cops have destroyed it with their feuding. They're also giving the police department a bad reputation. They have, in fact, worse reputations than the vampires who feed on people.

So what should I do?

Help! Two Bad Cops 37 votes

Nothing, just watch them until one of them dies. That's the life they chose.
59%
SandySimLaBlue0314IceyJCamkatcchant86peterskywalkertaydevspice3ThangwenDevilNDisguisemusteniSimtown15RedShoe7Pamtastic72silentcyborgLinzzTheBaker211BbanningBecka28Kimmer 22 votes
Turn Autonomy off before it's too late. Free will for Sims just leads to chaos and destroyed families.
5%
EnkiSchmidtEvie0602 2 votes
They need to sort out their issues. Make them apologize and have deep conversations until they work things out.
8%
DaraviCheekyimpDaWaterRat 3 votes
Fire them from the Detective career. Willow Creek can't have violent, angry Cops. Then make them join the Military and put them in Strangerville to fight the plant monster.
10%
elanorbretonkeylimepiesimsSERVERFRAGeralt_ofRivia 4 votes
Give them SimRays and see if they actually shoot each other.
8%
StrangerthanSekrilAmandèle 3 votes
What terrible husbands/fathers. Maybe it's time for a divorce.
0%
Move the families to Sulani. Maybe living on the beach will calm them down
0%
Other (please post a comment with what you think I should do)
8%
Frn0731GalacticGalChazzzy 3 votes

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    It's rare to have sims hate each other so passionately even with autonomy on. I would definitely keep that. What a twist to your plans.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I've had a similar thing happen in my game too. I created three roommates, all guys, and two of them hated each other so much that they started an autonomous fight the first day. They never became friends, they had their relationship on red all the time. They got along very well with the third roommate, but just not with each other.
    I love the autonomy because of things like these. I usually go with the direction that my Sims choose.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Turn Autonomy off before it's too late. Free will for Sims just leads to chaos and destroyed families.
    The way I see it autonomy on is sims acting on instinct, without the higher cognitive functions active. Basically they're constantly drunk, drugged etc., not their real selves.

What I'd do is put them on probation. The Chief will send them on a mission or team building measure together (Manage households, yes, they won't see their families for a while, but that's what you get for dragging down the precinct's reputation). The catch here is that sims will always choose their own conversation topics, so the befriending is not guaranteed to work. Can still go either way.
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I love when random things happen in my game, it makes for a great storyline! I've had a couple bad relationships with sims but never like that really. But I was making a new house last night for my one sim (he won the lottery!) and when I unpaused it my sim Alex was yelling at some girl and then it turned into a fight. I didn't know what was happening, he just met her as she was walking by. I guess some sims just don't like other sims. lol
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2020
    Just check which traits they have and if they are opposite of each other, change them. You could also give them that reward/trait so that their friendship bar never decreases, see if that helps (Beloved I think it’s called). Give them the Incredibly Friendly reward/trait.

Basically, you don’t just have to keep playing with them like this if it’s not fun for you or how you want. If you want things to go a certain way, force it to happen. If you want them to be friends, make it happen.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Fire them from the Detective career. Willow Creek can't have violent, angry Cops. Then make them join the Military and put them in Strangerville to fight the plant monster.
    How awesome! I wish stuff like that happened in my game.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Do you have mods? Because I get this at times, but I have the Have Some Personality Please mod installed along with Slice Of Life, and Meaningful Stories. I never saw anything like this in an unmodded game so if you play vanilla I’m wondering if they’re tuning some things in the background without telling us. Which would be great! I love this game, but the constant bed of roses all the time aspect gets tiresome.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Lock them together in a room without dinner and don't let them out until they behave themselves or one dies. Which ever sim dies first is a gonner. The end.
    ... oh and give them toilets and a shower, cause well... that's just gross
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Take a look at each Cop's traits. I'll bet you there is a ginormous conflict regarding their traits. If that's what you find, I would recommend you change their Traits to something more compatible and then go on from there. I play with autonomy on all the time. For the first time, today, in fact, my Sim did something completely untoward and unforgivable. I exited without saving and then learned there was an update to be had. Now, mind you, his behavior could be part and parcel of a new mod I'm trying out. Slice of Life. If that's the case, I'll have to watch him more closely. Nothing like having wild passionate woohoo in the closet at the lounge when your mother and wife are on the premises. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/