Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Tiny living really tiny living?

S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
Their are aspect in this pack that don't utilise the concept of tiny living with the feature in this pack. They don't use it's full potential or their are features that should be in this pack.

I've listed ideas that I think would improve the pack:

- Items slot are too big so cant cram items closer together
- not enough slot places to go on objects
- Murphy-beds takes the same space a normal bed (fine) so you should be able to move objects around in live mode so you are actually utilising the space.
- being able to put furniture objects in storage from live mode to utilise space
- Collapsible furniture
- Fold-able wall table
- Use laptops on lap
- Ladders
- Bunk-beds/loft-beds
- Pullout armchair
- More combos: bed under storage combo
- Convertible 3-seater sofa
- Connecting items (e.g armchair linked to ottoman/stool rest works as a lounger)
- Under counter mini fridges
- Separated counter and cabinets
- Split levelling / platforms levels
- Portable appliances
- Wall microwave and ovens
- Separated stove top
- Solar panels
- Being able to click on cabinet to use as inventory
- Murphy-bed with a desk
- Murphy-bed with wardrobe
- Polaroid photography
- Bifold doors (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM2qr_VjJTM)
- In-ground Jacuzzi
- In-ground bath tub
- In- floor bed ( put floor-mat over it were you place collapsible furniture on top that can go into inventory later when not used)
- kotatsu ( this item can go under a murphy bed without obstructing the object)
- Ceiling shower (can go over bathtub)
- Under-stair storage options
- Being able to sleep on sofas
- Read online
- Built in washing machine (like dishwasher)
- TV wall projector
- Hanging bed
- Hanging armchair
- Hanging crib
- Hidden storage

transformer-with-table-storage-600x600.jpg
d6c227464e22f8d11064573b822eac5d.jpg
671261686f394f0e8e45a1958eb025ef.png
554.jpg
w-800h-600-2183793.jpg
MTS_Madhox-1652476-functional.jpg
209d3ce7ff0161366f7de8e1c466dea2.png
650277faf5cc5f3e828ca344a576e515.png
51be74d451e089e8aa41127323d2e5d9.jpg
MTS_Lisen801-1161203-3Tables.jpg
3e810fcd7609572ec8039d3b8dc04500.jpg
4c4f98db732d1754d4a6d75ccb92de49.gif
2f71711ac1846f749db97a4e9c203b8d.jpg
86b72c6ac07c6966fb909f2b4a8983f4-gnd.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
tumblr_okaadtGEie1s4po2io1_1280.png
2ba11c65be5ae2e624f44a5e62af9b07.jpg
tumblr_petkmuePkg1wruoxco4_500.png
21d287014937dbf8c549009cd673f083.png
MTS_mustluvcatz-1433297-USSMain.jpg
w-800h-600-2691599.jpg
MTS_AshenSeaced-1788279-1.jpg
445ad3e8a81137098e712918983b2665.png
7172f796817f2c104a504895a7774aed.jpg
tumblr_inline_pl3xhxDo5e1wo64ja_1280.png
fb9a963bfc5e6f1d3208157047aa552d.jpg
1382-670x267.jpg
b6dbeac85211bd5e9eb51c01cd5fde13.png
fc2a931c310948f122a44526b02c5892.png
tumblr_npucnnqqMu1tpeghzo1_r1_500.jpg
e5235a892be1025d0ea798c42c9d79fd.jpg
aea75e2a740418dfa8a5fa02d87657ff.jpg
664a188c-4709-49f9-85a7-160468b82311.jpg

What are some ideas you would add to tiny living or what future packs do you thinks these ideas can be utilised.

Do you think Tiny living should've been a game pack instead?

Check out: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Q81q1kobcAU

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I think it was fine as a stuff pack. It would have made a boring game pack in my opinion. As a stuff pack the challenge to build tiny homes makes it just interesting enough. I like some of the suggestions you made about objects, like the place under the stairs. Some of them do not save space however (the hanging stuff for example) - the same thing you criticised murphy bed for.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    yeah, i agree, I think that they missed the mark with the BB objects in this pack, nothing is all that space-saving and there were ample opportunities to put cool objects in the pack. The kitchen and the bathroom are areas I feel like they gave us nothing "tiny" or space-saving when we could've gotten something like a toilet/sink combo and in the kitchen, we could've gotten half countertop sinks, half countertop stoves, built-in microwaves, under the counter fridges.

the style of the BB is awesome, but the objects are a huge let down in relation to the theme.

I think that the pack would've benefitted from being a game pack instead. They could've done so much more with the theme with a gamepack budget since the stuff pack budgets seems to be a paperclip and a tic-tac, they also couldve fleshed out the perks more considering they admitted in the Livestream to making the perks then coming up with ""logic"" to justify them (having a tiny house making plants grow faster for..?what reason? having a tiny house makes you closer to a person? in some cases sure but in others being around someone in such close proximity all the time is bound to lead to conflict). Toddlers and children would've been able to get literally anything with a gamepack (doubtful since they seem allergic to toddlers and kids)
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think they whole thing was a rip off glad I am not buying it.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    It is not. One of the things that makes real life tiny living homes unique is that so many objects have multiple uses. Things that fold up, turn over, pull out, very multi functional. And of course loft beds even more than bunkbeds. This is truly a murphy bed pack with a lot of reskinned existing items. Which fits the format of a stuff pack, 1 new item and reskins. I just feel like I would have been happier with a $20 Tiny Living GP with more unique items that actually fit the theme, than the $10 SP that really...didn't.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    It is not. One of the things that makes real life tiny living homes unique is that so many objects have multiple uses. Things that fold up, turn over, pull out, very multi functional. And of course loft beds even more than bunkbeds. This is truly a murphy bed pack with a lot of reskinned existing items. Which fits the format of a stuff pack, 1 new item and reskins. I just feel like I would have been happier with a $20 Tiny Living GP with more unique items that actually fit the theme, than the $10 SP that really...didn't.

The one-tile desk was very much needed - the others are either more for children or too tall (I don't like having my view blocked). The combo tv also fits the bill, though I personally don't use a tv in the game. The murphy bed might have been useful in the little 32-square house I built last night, but I'm a bit scared to try it. I ended up having to rearrange everything because I forgot the yoga mat, and that would fit nicely in the murphy bed space. It can already be dragged in and out of inventory, making it ideal for a tiny build.

Some items missed the mark - it would have been nice if the toilet were a chemical toilet that worked off the grid, and the bookcase, while saving space in terms of tiles, is too tall, especially for a small space. We also need more single-tile dining tables. And wall-lights! I don't like ceiling lights because they don't disappear in live mode, and then I've got this weird object floating in space. (More than once, I've had to pause and look at the strange thing in my game, only to realise that it's the ceiling light.)

I bought it more for the building challenge, myself. For $10, I wasn't expecting a huge number of new objects.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like this SP in terms of the CAS/BB so I have added it. I don't care as much about the challenge.

I think it has some space-saving objects though it could have more. I have some smaller houses that are a bit cramped even if they aren't tiny. No, this doesn't have aerial lofts which I would expect with tiny living but I think it is a decent pack.

We'll see what the future is for more content in TS4. I liked this one.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I think it was fine as a stuff pack. It would have made a boring game pack in my opinion. As a stuff pack the challenge to build tiny homes makes it just interesting enough. I like some of the suggestions you made about objects, like the place under the stairs. Some of them do not save space however (the hanging stuff for example) - the same thing you criticised murphy bed for.

I actually said it was fine however it should've of been utilise more with live mode to move objects around.When I suggested Hanging bed my belief it that you can put items underneath and pull it up to the ceiling. :)
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For me the problem is with the recolors which was once done by customers in past editions and now is done exclusively by EA/Maxis now and if you want other colors you have to mod the game and not everyone wants to mod. So some view this pack as an ripoff as EA/Maxis are cashing in on something that the customer cannot control no more. Some are willing to buy it if they can get it much cheaper than what EA/Maxis is asking for. Some are also willing to overlook the stratergy that EA/Maxis has used in Sims 4 again pointing to features that was free to use in older editions.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I like the bookcase feature of the three bookends and I like the furniture that came with the pack. A Murphy bed is a nice idea but it takes up a lot of space. You either have to leave several empty tiles in front of it or move stuff around so that the Sim can open it to sleep. I leave the tiles empty. It should have had a twin bed option too. The pack also didn't include space-saving appliances.

Not including a ladder or spiral stairs was odd. I know they had reasons for not including either one of these objects but how many times can they explain why they didn't include objects like this or matching island counters, wall cabinets, and wood textures for Island Living and Realm of Magic? By "they" I mean whoever it is that's in charge of making these types of decisions. The same thing happened with the "Off the Grid" lot trait. Months later and not all candles are tagged to work with off the grid.

• Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    They also should have included sleeper sofas. But for me the real puzzler is why no ladders or spiral stairs.
  • Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    I do wish for ladders and bunks beds...I wished they could have been included in this pack, but I think Tiny Living is actually Tiny Living. Dunno, I feel like this pack actually changes the game from the houses I used to build. And the furniture is pretty :smile:
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    No, it is only a stuff pack, meaning it does not really feature a new life style.
  • Janiebug1122Janiebug1122 Posts: 25 Member
    I wish that the Murphy Bed, when unfolded, and one side of the bed is against the wall, could be used by 2 sims at the same time. So one has to climb further over from the opposite side, you know? Instead of waving hands and cursing. LOL
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I wish that the Murphy Bed, when unfolded, and one side of the bed is against the wall, could be used by 2 sims at the same time. So one has to climb further over from the opposite side, you know? Instead of waving hands and cursing. LOL

On the other hand, the tents from Outdoor Retreat don't even count towards the limits of Tiny Homes when put outdoor.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    They need to bring back the all-in-one bathroom, bunk beds, ladders & the spiral stairs that they had in Sims 3.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I really like that bed under the stairs! That's such a good use of what otherwise is wasted space. I've got the pack, but if I find apartments to small and squishy, you have to know that I'm not going to have my Sims live in a Tiny Home, anytime soon. But, I like your ideas and I love some of the objects/furniture the pack came with.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    If they really want tiny living they should have gone to a place that sells campers: tiny that fit into pickup trucks, small to medium sized trailers that are towed by said pickup, the self contained camper vans and bus sized motor homes. Lots of inspriation there for how to get the most of limited space. Interesting concept that just wasn't developped as well as it could have been.
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    That’s very true! Most objects are still not adapted to tiny spaces. My tips, in case they help, are the following:
    - use the console cheat bb.moveobjects on to place items as close as possible
    - get the most of the open spaces, like placing picnic tables, outdoor kitchens or lounge areas with sofas and puffs on the garden
    - if you place a sink on the bathroom, no need to place one on the kitchen to save space
    - Minifridges from Discover University are very helpful as you can place objects on them
    - Book piles were updated now so you can actually grab books from them and read them, so no need to use bookcases anymore
    - You can also shrink objects to place them in tighter spaces, like televisions!

Hopefully one day we will have ladders and Murphy beds :D

Hope these building tips help!