Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kids all look the same! Is it just me?

Kids that are born in-game and not edited or pre-made - they all look the same! I notice a resemblance to their parents once they become a teen but before then I think every kid is built from the same template for facial structure.

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I find the same. I mean, just look at what's in the presets in CAS -- so few noses, face shapes, etc.! It's a lot of work to make a kid that's not a nice smooth perky-nosed ball.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I agree. For some reason the children don't have as broad of sliders as teens and up do so they end up all looking very similar.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    yeah i wish they were a bit more in depth in terms of sliders and genetics to look a bit more like their adult counterparts.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don't see it
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Mine all look very different between my families etc but I have noticed the odd townie walking around that will look like one of my kids.. I get the same thing with teens and adults too though
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    For the most part their noses are way too flat. Look at the profile view of any Sim. I've had to take mine back into cas.fulleditmode and pull the end of their noses outward from their faces so they aren't so flat. I don't know. My nose isn't flat, is yours? Forget the cute little ball on the end of a nose, there is none. Oi! And forget trying to get that perky upturned nose, that rarely can occur. It's limited, sadly. Full cheeks, can't have those, either.

I was of the erroneous thought that my Sims' kids all looked alike because they had the very same parents. :open_mouth: But, nope, they all do look alike, same as the toddlers. Oh, well. Perhaps one day the CAS will be as sophisticated as some would enjoy. But, recognizing there are limits to anything, I'm still happy with it overall.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    They mostly look very similar. Sometimes the game likes to throw a real ugly child in the mix though.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’ve noticed this too it is pretty annoying!
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Yes, I’ve noticed this since the beginning. All of my kids look the same. I haven’t had a sim born in game look different from other children. It’s frustrating.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I've noticed most randomly generated townies tend to look the same,
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    It could be they just don't have as many default face shapes/features as the adults.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited February 2020
    You are not incorrect. I mingle with CAS the most and yes, they do look quite the same. No matter how they look as a Young Adult, if you age at least 10 Sims, most of them will look the same as children - excluding skin color.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Not just kids, toddlers and babies too.
  • Sigma1202Sigma1202 Posts: 40 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    Not just kids, toddlers and babies too.

Well babies do look pretty similar in real life too, you can't even tell their sex most of the time unless you look at their genitals
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Even when I create kids in CAS, I have to work at it to make them look non-generic.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    All my Founders' children looked pretty identical to each other as children. But, as I move into the second generation, and my gene pool spreads out a bit from my initial two parents, the kids are looking more distinctive. But yes - there is less diversity in appearance. I really have to look at new Sims as Teens to see how their genetics played out.