Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @llamasflu I think it may depend on what the baby is doing when they meet.

Happy baby: happy moodlet
    Crying baby: angry moodlet
    Sleeping baby: sad moodlet

I’m not 100% sure though, but my sims mostly get the happy moodlet and normally the baby isn’t crying.
  • llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    llamasflu wrote: »
    kids can and will autonomously 'check up on' their parents, and when a baby finally falls asleep, one of the parents may get a 'new baby' moodlet (it's almost the same thing as the previous little one moodlet that i posted yesterday). ANDDD yes suprisingly, sims can get a happy 'new sibling' moodlet after a baby is born. this had me in SHOCK because i have never and i mean NEVERRRRRR had a younger sim be happy about a new baby... so cute. you got me ea.

I play kids a lot and the happy about a new sibling has always been one of my favs. I get it quite a bit but they can also be angry about the new sibling though lol

yeah it's really cute😭😭😭😭
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @llamasflu I think it may depend on what the baby is doing when they meet.

Happy baby: happy moodlet
    Crying baby: angry moodlet
    Sleeping baby: sad moodlet

I’m not 100% sure though, but my sims mostly get the happy moodlet and normally the baby isn’t crying.

noted
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @llamasflu I tested it out and I was wrong. The new babies were sleeping, but one kid became happy and the other became angry.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Twins will do the sibling thing to each other when they age up to tots. I had one set upon age up that also one kid was mad to meet his twin and the other twin was happy. Felt sad for my little happy twin who was so excited to see his brother and his brother didn't like him lol. Though I do kinda think that twin babies should already know each other by the time they are tots.
    I didn't know that if you live by the beach your maid will take the oceanic route to get to your home, even if that doesn't lead to the front door. He just likes swimming I guess?

aS95OYo.png
    I just found out that kids who have an F or D in school can do "Make up homework". I've always had kids with loads of skills and good grades so I've never seen this before lol.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    I just found out that kids who have an F or D in school can do "Make up homework". I've always had kids with loads of skills and good grades so I've never seen this before lol.

I've never seen kids or teens go below C. There's something I didn't know!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »

I've never seen kids or teens go below C. There's something I didn't know!

If they have an F for too long they can get taken away by cps. I believe they can start low if they aged up with really low toddler skills
  • Pupplylover2883Pupplylover2883 Posts: 25 Member
    THEY CAN SLIDE IN BEDS???

Yes, they can slide across so that two sims can sleep in a bed against a wall. They just can't woohoo if the bed is against the wall. (There were some posts saying they can't slide across anymore but I just tested this two days ago and it still works fine. ) Once a sim is in the bed, just click on the other side of the bed and tell them to sleep and they'll scoot over.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2020

They can? Because they could when the game was new, then there was a bug introduced in 2016 that made it impossible to have a functioning double bed against a wall, since the Sims never scooted over about two times out of three. That bug report is still open in 2020, because just like so many other bugs* the Dev team just don't care about it.

*Corrupt festivals in the fashion district, washing machines that suddenly stop being accessible despite not broken, the teleport bug, non-usable double beds if placed against the wall are only three that persist for two years or more.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

They can? Because they could when the game was new, then there was a bug introduced in 2016 that made it impossible to have a functioning double bed against a wall, since the Sims never scooted over about two times out of three. That bug report is still open in 2020, because just like so many other bugs* the Dev team just don't care about it.

*Corrupt festivals in the fashion district, washing machines that suddenly stop being accessible despite not broken, the teleport bug, non-usable double beds if placed against the wall are only three that persist for two years or more.

I have had no issues having them scoot over as of two days ago when I last checked. You just have to click and tell them to do it.
    edited February 2020

I have had no issues having them scoot over as of two days ago when I last checked. You just have to click and tell them to do it.

Interesting. Have you claimed sides? Because one of the lasts posts (by a player to another player, not an admin on the site) I saw in the bug report thread suggested there might be a connection between claiming a side, and refusing to scoot. Which is logical, I guess?

Interesting. Have you claimed sides? Because one of the lasts posts (by a player to another player, not an admin on the site) I saw in the bug report thread suggested there might be a connection between claiming a side, and refusing to scoot. Which is logical, I guess?

Most of my sims have claimed sides but not all and can't remember if this one had or not. I'll test it out today or tomorrow to find out. Basically though you have to click on the close side of the bed and after the sim gets in, click on the far side. I'll let you know as soon as I can if claiming sides makes a diff.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Vampires (Had it forever now just playing with it cause my story lead me that way!) 🧛🧛‍♀️🧛‍♂️

I didn't know that you can assign Bat Form to be always use bat form for moving.

I didn't know that it's better to learn vampire lore AFTER becoming a vampire xD.

I didn't know that you can ask a Sim to drink from them which I thought was nice.

I didn't know that there were so many little things about vampires in each of the different social categories.

I didn't know that you can still reread the Vampire Lore books after maxing out the skill to get some exp points.
    edited February 2020

Okay I just tried. It makes no difference if the bed is assigned to my sim or even a diff sim. My sim can always slide over in the bed to sleep on the side against the wall. But she will Not do it if it is not against the wall. Then she gets up and walks around it. Also to get her to do it you have to get the sim into bed and.. Then cancel the sleep action and say sleep again on the other side of the bed by the wall. If you don't cancel the first sleep action they just stay asleep.

Also, while adults and teens scooted over to the side by the wall no problem, children can't seem to do this.
  • NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    Speaking of double beds, apparently you can assign one side of the bed to a Sim, and the other to a servo, but they will refuse to sleep/recharge in the same bed together at the same time.
  • Sigma1202Sigma1202 Posts: 40 Member
    I just discovered that sims can drink drinks inside the bathtub while washing themselves
    Nylalia wrote: »
    Speaking of double beds, apparently you can assign one side of the bed to a Sim, and the other to a servo, but they will refuse to sleep/recharge in the same bed together at the same time.

Not true. Just get into high enough relationship and it works. Servos are just another life state. You need over 50% green bar to stay in the same bed together. Or, you know, make him your boyfriend...
  • NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    Nylalia wrote: »

Not true. Just get into high enough relationship and it works. Servos are just another life state. You need over 50% green bar to stay in the same bed together. Or, you know, make him your boyfriend...

They are good friends, and my Sim created the female servo. But each balks and waves their hand at me while flashing a thought bubble of the one already in the bed. I tried a fresh unassigned bed, and they still refuse to get in the same bed together. No mods installed.

At least it works in your game. Thanks!
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't know the coffins from Vampires also benefits from the new upgrading options for beds that was recently introduced.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I had some plants right up against the wall of a house/foundation and when the Season changed the plants went into the sheltered status and I could keep harvesting.
    sims can get tense while cleaning
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @llamasflu I tested it out and I was wrong. The new babies were sleeping, but one kid became happy and the other became angry.

this is interesting

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top