Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

80's Stuff Pack (***Concept Art*** Renders) UPDATED 1/23/2020

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Oh wow, I love the rara skirt and the hair of the gal wearing it. And also the last shot of the leotard clad sim with the leg warmers.

Oh how it takes me back!
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    @Dreagen1 Wow the first post about the 80s pack was amazing I love the concept art there is alot of talent there. This would be an amazing pack.
  • anastasiaronanastasiaron Posts: 1 New Member
    > Concept Art NO DOWNLOAD I am not a content creator, I tried to make this but I just couldn't figure it out...
    you totally should collab with a cc creator and you could create this pack! It just looks so good I'd even buy it lol! Really hope you and a cc creator can make this come to life <3
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I want this so bad!!!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • CBookCBook Posts: 87 Member
    So as a stuff pack they always include gameplay, so what would it's gameplay be?
    Sims are Lit
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I would really want this pack to be a reality, great renders, very talented, I love the 80s music, clothing, unfortunately I missed that era being born in 1995 lol
  • ErinMoriartyErinMoriarty Posts: 3 New Member
    I think it would be cool if University included some 1980s fashion. I am really into1980s movies that take place in the high school and college and I think that the aesthetic could go well with University.
  • ccllmmssccllmmss Posts: 37 Member
    Good looks. I remember I loved my jean jacket in the 80's - and my jean skirt. Never could pull off the Madonna look though.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    edited October 2019
    I remember the 1980s. My fave singers were: Madonna, Cyndi Loper, Pat Benatar, Blondie, Berlin, Kylie, Air Supply, Jon Bon Jovi & the late Whitney Houston. Plus the nyon colors were cool.
    Post edited by SERVERFRA on
  • barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    I would love an 80's pack.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited October 2019
    Leg warmers? Big Hair? Aerobics gear? Mullets? Rat-tails? Count me in! Add in some toys for the kiddies based on iconic 80's toys (a Lite-Brite, some 8-bit game consoles, some transforming vehicle robots, a whole line of "My Bitty Llamas", some obscenely elaborate playsets [same functionality as the dollhouses, just based on things like the Castle Grayskull and Crystal Castle playsets from the He-Man and She-Ra lines and the Ghostbusters firehouse playset]...), and that could be more than worth my $10.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Nite0wlzNite0wlz Posts: 26 Member
    I can tell a lot of time went into this. I love the 80s and every decade how it has a style. Please do 90s and 00s after this!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Only if they bring back the codpiece. I wasn't a huge fan of the 80s first time around, but there was definitely fashion comedy back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjAantupsA
  • GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    edited October 2019
    If this were an official pack, i'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love all historical time periods, but the 80s are definitely my favorite of the bunch. The fashion was awesome, the music was awesome and...well, it was an interesting time. Sure it had its fair share of troubles ranging from political issues to civil unrest, but honestly speaking, which time period doesn't?
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    edited November 2019
    Funny that I come across this thread just before Uni comes out - I was thinking about doing an 80s themed neighborhood when/if I get the pack. I remember the 1980s well, since I graduated from high school at the end of the decade and started college then, although college was more 90s for me. Excellent effort considering you never experienced that time period. The heavy makeup was a nice touch.

Here are some pointers from someone who did:
    1. The 1980s stank. You did not miss out on much. People were very conformist, always on a diet, and there were a lot of snotty rich businessmen on cocaine back then. CD players came out at the end of the decade, but most of the decade was the era of cassette tapes, which are bulky and horrid. People taped music off the radio because they could not afford to pay for it at music stores. There were movies about kids who hacked NATO computers, but in reality, there was no internet and computers were not fun to use (but consoles were). People were always sick because medicine was PRIMITIVE back then.
    2. Hair was shorter. Think of Top Gun Charley or Pat Benatar for girls and flat tops/buzz cuts or vintage George Michael for boys. And everyone used lots and lots of mousse.
    3. Women and girls ALL wore pantyhose or tights with any kind of dress or miniskirt. Dress was way more formal than it is today.
    4. Leg warmers went out of style in 1982. They were already Halloween wear when I was in middle school.
    5. Belts were required with any two-piece outfit. The bigger the better.
    6. Socks had to match the sweater or blouse. Boys and men did not wear socks. Even the Democrat who ran for President in 1988 did not have socks on during the election.
    7. Those high top sneakers were okay for aerobics class, but the only acceptable tennis shoes to wear for every day wear (for girls) were Keds or Tretorns. I had like 14 pairs of Keds, in different colors. It was trendy to wear them without shoelaces. I owned a pair of stillettos but couldn't walk very well in them, so I didn't wear them often.
    8. Only three types of sunglasses were acceptable: Oakleys and Ray Bans (both Wayfarer and Arista Aviators). Ignore what you've seen in old music videos.
    9. Jeans: tight and faded (actually acid washed) and often ripped. Skinny looks a little odd but not that far off.

Televisions have pretty much looked the same from the late 1970s until flat screen TVs became popular about fifteen years ago. Tube consoles are a 1960s thing. Everyone had video game consoles, just like today. Those big arcade games were popular in arcades, convenience stores, and in dorms. Electronic keyboards were popular. And mauve and seafoam green were huge - the only thing better was flamigo pink. Hope that helps!

115a5163-ff64-4c38-91ef-de04e5a98c70.jpg

the-cosby-show-hip-hopjpg.jpg

Miami_Vice.jpg
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Gguy wrote: »
    If this were an official pack, i'd buy it in a heartbeat. I love all historical time periods, but the 80s are definitely my favorite of the bunch. The fashion was awesome, the music was awesome and...well, it was an interesting time. Sure it had its fair share of troubles ranging from political issues to civil unrest, but honestly speaking, which time period doesn't?

Civil unrest in the 1980s? There were a lot of awareness campaigns (USAid for Africa, nuclear protests, Hands across America), but I don't remember civil unrest. It definitely came back with a vengence in the 1990s, though.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    CBook wrote: »
    So as a stuff pack they always include gameplay, so what would it's gameplay be?

More dancing options FOR SURE. Maybe this time they could include malls?
    Simming for twenty years...
  • MAUVE5MAUVE5 Posts: 31 Member
    This is everything I wanted
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    I would love a 80's stuff pack!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Maybe you could try to work with someone to make this pack? There are some crazy talented CC creators out there, and I LOVE the hair you made.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Got inspiration to create another 80's stuff render, took me 3 days! Hope you like it 💕 (I know it's not 100% accurate to the time, it's my take)
    75907f82fe0920f1976cfd5ada7759f6abf5246a.png

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    i would love the 80s Stuff for my birthday.
  • AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    I love these renders! The more stylish aspects of the 80’s are making a comeback nowadays in terms of music and fashion, and I’m so here for it.

If you’re looking for some inspiration in terms of cool looks, I would definitely check out the original Kylie- Kylie Minogue. Some of her looks from that decade are super fun! (And the woman has seemingly forgotten to age.) ‘Heathers’ has also seen a huge resurgence with the musical and Winona Ryder’s acting comeback. I particularly loved the black skirt and grey sweater combo she had on at point- wouldn’t be out of place on the street today!
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    Good job! This is great
  • JordvnCvJordvnCv Posts: 1 New Member
    I love what you have done, I believe that you have represented 100% the decade of the 80s, I showed it to my father and he agreed, do not take into account those old people who say "The 80 are not like that" XD yes they are, maybe they didn't live them well that's why so much bad vibes of the old.

If you were to make more renders I recommend seeing Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2 to see the most elegant or rich side of the 80s. Especially the 2
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top