Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STILL with this???!!!

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    According to several of my British friends, some from London, "bloody" is merely a word to add emphasis. I was curious, so asked. It is a contraction (according to them) of 'by our Lady'. If Limeys want to swear they use words very similar to those here in the former colonies.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited January 2020
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »
    What I was saying is that there are mods that attempt to fix situational outfits without completely disabling them. But it totally could be done by disabling situational outfits as a whole if EA chooses to. There are several ways they could fix the problem, so no way to excuse them for not taking on the responsability.

In general, I'd be more reluctant to tell people they overact. There are a lot of players that don't use mods - for whatever reasons, all of them being totally fine - and for those the problem is real. Even for those who do use mods, the problem is real because they are always dependant on the modders' work to keep their games looking as they wish.

Leaning back and say "oh, well, there's already a modder who fixed the issue, so EA don't have to do anything" is the wrong approach. The right approach should be to look into how the problem was fixed and implement it with a patch if sensible. That would also have the side effect that modders could actually spend more of their time fixing new issues than keeping fixes for bugs up to date that have been around for several years and still remain untouched by EA. It would moreover have the side effect that players have to spend less time with updating their mods after each pack and patch releases. In general, it would increase player satisfaction.
    Exactly. Like, I’m still really annoyed by the fact they decided it was a good idea for mermaids to spawn automatically in IP (TS3), after hearing loud and clear simmers don’t like this spawning, resulting in EA adding a tool to disable that from happening even for every life state so far. Then they made the same mistake and made sure mermaids spawn, no matter in what world you play, and you can’t to this day disable it. It irritates me, even when I have NRaas MC now that allows me to remove unwanted scales easily. I praise Twallan for that but it shouldn’t have been necessary in the first place.
    I get what you are saying that EA should be the one fixing the Situational Outfits not necessarily modders. But when has EA completely fixed everything there patches break everything they fix. That is why it’s good to have people that can fix what the patch broke. No one should have to depend on mods but I do because I sometimes don’t trust a game company any game company to fix everything even if they should.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    According to several of my British friends, some from London, "bloody" is merely a word to add emphasis. I was curious, so asked. It is a contraction (according to them) of 'by our Lady'. If Limeys want to swear they use words very similar to those here in the former colonies.
    My grandpa would say it too and he was from Ireland.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    @EnkiSchmidt

HA! That would be interesting. But on an aside, I had no idea "bloody" even when used in the British sense for emphasis, was a swear word. I use it sometimes but I also have a very New England mouth, so that "bloody" seems quaint and harmless compared to what I usually follow it with.

Bloody Brits and their bloody swearing, eh? :D

I'm British and it's always weird to find out how much we do actually curse in our day to day lives without even realising it! It's just so ingrained into our culture now that cursing doesn't even feel like cursing anymore!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »
    What I was saying is that there are mods that attempt to fix situational outfits without completely disabling them. But it totally could be done by disabling situational outfits as a whole if EA chooses to. There are several ways they could fix the problem, so no way to excuse them for not taking on the responsability.

In general, I'd be more reluctant to tell people they overact. There are a lot of players that don't use mods - for whatever reasons, all of them being totally fine - and for those the problem is real. Even for those who do use mods, the problem is real because they are always dependant on the modders' work to keep their games looking as they wish.

Leaning back and say "oh, well, there's already a modder who fixed the issue, so EA don't have to do anything" is the wrong approach. The right approach should be to look into how the problem was fixed and implement it with a patch if sensible. That would also have the side effect that modders could actually spend more of their time fixing new issues than keeping fixes for bugs up to date that have been around for several years and still remain untouched by EA. It would moreover have the side effect that players have to spend less time with updating their mods after each pack and patch releases. In general, it would increase player satisfaction.
    Exactly. Like, I’m still really annoyed by the fact they decided it was a good idea for mermaids to spawn automatically in IP (TS3), after hearing loud and clear simmers don’t like this spawning, resulting in EA adding a tool to disable that from happening even for every life state so far. Then they made the same mistake and made sure mermaids spawn, no matter in what world you play, and you can’t to this day disable it. It irritates me, even when I have NRaas MC now that allows me to remove unwanted scales easily. I praise Twallan for that but it shouldn’t have been necessary in the first place.
    I get what you are saying that EA should be the one fixing the Situational Outfits not necessarily modders. But when has EA completely fixed everything there patches break everything they fix. That is why it’s good to have people that can fix what the patch broke. No one should have to depend on mods but I do because I sometimes don’t trust a game company any game company to fix everything even if they should.
    True, but the fact the mermaids annoy me more than other bugs that aren’t fixed, is that it feels like it was done by choice. They have this talent to completely overdo things and the subject of this topic sounds like one of them. Because they think it’s funny for instance, or because... I have no idea to be honest what made them decide spawning mermaids was a good idea. There are 4 in IP and that’s just enough to make them the rarity many simmers like. I don’t need my neighbour to be one, it’s not some contagious disease. I really think that’s an element for everyone complaining about it. The big, scraping WHY of it all. Not just the issue as such.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    @EnkiSchmidt

HA! That would be interesting. But on an aside, I had no idea "bloody" even when used in the British sense for emphasis, was a swear word. I use it sometimes but I also have a very New England mouth, so that "bloody" seems quaint and harmless compared to what I usually follow it with.

Bloody Brits and their bloody swearing, eh? :D

I'm British and it's always weird to find out how much we do actually curse in our day to day lives without even realising it! It's just so ingrained into our culture now that cursing doesn't even feel like cursing anymore!

Same with Australians :D
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    What would make this mess much simpler is for EA to go back to what works. In TS2 townies have 1 outfit per category (everyday, formal, swimming, etc.) and that's it. Period. End of discussion. Admittedly we have a much older version here, but the principle should still apply, one normal outfit per situation with no fishing throughout the entire outfit and accessory catalogue.

This is what I want back. The only time I ever want to see situational outfits is a costume party.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Now the GTW prisoners spawn with accessoires, is that intended?

I got one wearing a bloodied combat knife, a robot arm and earrings just now. Now the cc is on me, but the earrings were vanilla (and if the cc hadn't been there, chances are the prisoner would have worn an EA ring and gloves).
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Why don't they just utilize the styled looks a little better? Have more of them, and have townies get into those saved outfits more often than not?

I guess there are a LOT of townies so you'd need a lot more styled looks... but surely something like that could be possible?
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2020
    Now the GTW prisoners spawn with accessoires, is that intended?

I got one wearing a bloodied combat knife, a robot arm and earrings just now. Now the cc is on me, but the earrings were vanilla (and if the cc hadn't been there, chances are the prisoner would have worn an EA ring and gloves).

Yeah, it probably is since it affects career outfits too, unfortunately. I would think that the GTW prisoners (and hospital patients for that matter) count as a "career".

I've only noticed this recently though, I don't think I had seen it in there before so I wonder if something has changed?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    @MadIris I hate that too in the game. It's not funny and makes me want to binge-watch "What Not To Wear" with Stacy and Clinton.

I really want Paragons as a club to do the whole Stacy and Clinton "What Not To Wear" thing om unsuspected townies on dressing horribly. Now that would be entertaining for me at least when I see the most horrific combinations of clothing imaginable on a sim. I am just glad all the CC I have is set for no random to avoid townies from taking nice clothes I have for my Sims and turn it into the most horrific combination possible. Our sims should be able to report a fashion crisis to Mr Romero so he can straighten them out and explain that many Sims have wanted him to have a fashion intervention with the Sim in question. He'll bring the rest of Paragons to teach this Sim how to dress correctly.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2020
    All the above reasons on this four pages are reasons why I can't play this game anymore, it's like if I load my game something else has changed each time I load it. I'm always like WTH, why!!! lol If I were to play GTW detective career I would have to put up with prisoners wearing those silly accessories, I would see Sims at my finer restaurants in weird outfits that aren't 'formal' and or something else there that wasn't there when I first played the base and or an EP or GP etc. This annoys me to no end. I just want the packs and base I paid for. Not an ever changing, situational outfit that is no longer confined to just situations but has morphed into all Sims looking stupid.

It's like they know what they have done. In CAS all males (hit random) and just flip through them will have glasses for a party wear, or that silly eyeball ring for formal, and the list goes on and on. It is so time consuming to remove all those accessories when we take the time to build our Sims and pick their outfits, at this point the player has no control at all. It not only is time consuming in CAS and annoying but it spills over into the actual game, I see my own Sims in outfits I have no idea where they got them. Then they say it was on purpose that Sims should go to classes in whatever like pjs just to cover up the mess they have made in my opinion.

My request is this, stop changing the game every time it is loaded. It's a freaking pain in the bloody rear end.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I was really annoying with seeing all my world using weird hats so I blacklisted with MCCC and it worked, I don't have townies using weird hats anymore. I had some issues at first because my pets were all messed up but I managed to fix it.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    All the above reasons on this four pages are reasons why I can't play this game anymore, it's like if I load my game something else has changed each time I load it. I'm always like WTH, why!!! lol If I were to play GTW detective career I would have to put up with prisoners wearing those silly accessories, I would see Sims at my finer restaurants in weird outfits that aren't 'formal' and or something else there that wasn't there when I first played the base and or an EP or GP etc. This annoys me to no end. I just want the packs and base I paid for. Not an ever changing, situational outfit that is no longer confined to just situations but has morphed into all Sims looking stupid.

It's like they know what they have done. In CAS all males (hit random) and just flip through them will have glasses for a party wear, or that silly eyeball ring for formal, and the list goes on and on. It is so time consuming to remove all those accessories when we take the time to build our Sims and pick their outfits, at this point the player has no control at all. It not only is time consuming in CAS and annoying but it spills over into the actual game, I see my own Sims in outfits I have no idea where they got them. Then they say it was on purpose that Sims should go to classes in whatever like pjs just to cover up the mess they have made in my opinion.

My request is this, stop changing the game every time it is loaded. It's a freaking pain in the bloody rear end.

I'm with you on this. Every time a new pack comes out, I come to the forums to see the reaction, and I read enough to remind me why I don't play. In truth, if I didn't have to have Origin on my machine to play Sims 4, I'd consider reinstalling it, irritants and all, but a game would have to be really, really good for me to install Origin again and risk it meddling with my Sims 3 installation.

Though I really wish there was a mod like Basemental for Sims 3. Playing train-wreck Sims is what kept me playing Sims 4 for as long as I did. Being able to do that in Sims 3 would be amazing (and yes, I know about the one mod and given other features I nope right out of that suggestion). Ah well -- just a tangent.

Honestly, though, I'm not sure why they have situational outfits in Sims 4. Those weird and stupid outfits townies come up with when freshly generated are a bad thing, not a fun one to be replicated in other areas of the game.
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    It gets even more "funny" when you have cc like a rifle and a bloody (not the swearword, literal blood) combat knife in your game. I disabled them for random, disabled for situational, for retail, basically disabled them for everything where I could untick a checkbox, but the game still loves to grab the weapons.

You can set cc as not-for-randoms
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    It gets even more "funny" when you have cc like a rifle and a bloody (not the swearword, literal blood) combat knife in your game. I disabled them for random, disabled for situational, for retail, basically disabled them for everything where I could untick a checkbox, but the game still loves to grab the weapons.

You can set cc as not-for-randoms

Read the quote again... EnkiSchmidt already says "I disabled them for random".

They STILL appear randomly.
    raw