Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your Sims drink Coffee or Tea?

Mine drink both. They have coffee every morning. And I can never remember which tea creates which emotion, so I make them drink each type until I get the right emotion. So they drink lots of tea.

... and what do you drink? I drink both as well.

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I don’t often have my Sims drink either one, they are more “juice” type of Sims. :D
    I will sometimes have them drink coffee if invited out to breakfast. I just find that they try to replace sleep with the tea/coffee pot, so I rarely have them in their homes.
    Personally I’m a coffee drinker, 3 large mugs a day at least. I do like the occasional cup of tea, or vanilla chai too.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited February 2020
    They only have a tea maker in their homes, as I only have a teapot in mine since I don't like coffee. BUT they rarely drink either. The only time they have something to drink is at restaurants or festivals or when they order hot chocolate at the park in Newcrest to be honest, lol.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I hate when they drink coffee because I want them to sleep!
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2020
    Some drink coffee, some drink tea, some drink both and some drink neither :D
    I don't care about the emotions that come with drinking either. I am not a fan of this emotion system. Anyway, I let them have tea because tea is yummy and, you know, chill. Before I rarely had my sims to drink coffee because I didn't drink it myself. It was bleh. A year and couple of months ago I myself started to drink coffee and so my sims, of course, now do drink coffee quite often.
    Drinking coffee is the best bad habit I developed. My biggest fear is that someday coffee is going to be very expensive and that I'd have to quit drinking it because of that. No joking.
    BTW, right now I am drinking my morning coffee and I finished a pancake with some blueberry jam. Yum!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    They usually drink coffee. I stopped purchasing tea pots for them because there was some kind of bug that made the tea bad quality every time. I don't know if it's fixed already, maybe, it's been a long time since the bug appeared. I should try the tea pot again.
    I don't usually order my Sims drink coffee, they do it themselves, I don't control them all the time.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sometimes i remember to give some coffe to my sims :lol: but never tea. I never use, intentionally at least, any object that changes emotions, like incense, special objects from work, etc.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I always forget that there is tea available. Most of my households have a coffee brewer and even that espresso machine. In my saved game, I think there is only one household that has a tea brewer but they also have the espresso machine but the tea brewer is used in that household. To change emotions I usually use the bath soaks or the Yoga mats. The showers are also used when needed but I have usually neglected the tea, maybe because I myself ain't a big tea drinker.

I haven't used the tea things for ages until funnily enough, last week, I found a cc of a tea brewer that is more modern and fits better into a modern home that most of my households are living in. I actually put that tea brewer in last night into Wyvern Hall dorm instead of coffee machine I already had placed because there is a coffee stand in the courtyard. I think it kinda fits better with that university setting (Britechester). I think Foxburians are more coffee sluggers than the Britechesters.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I use both coffee and tea depending on the household, some lean one way over the other. Tea is probably more common. There are a few home espresso machines too. All my households are a bit different.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes, a lot of my sims drink tea and coffee. My main sim is the leader of the Avant Gardes book club so they often meet up at the café for coffee, and he's also English so of course he drinks lots of tea at home! It helps him to relax/focus etc. and resist his vampire nature.
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yes, a lot of my sims drink tea and coffee. My main sim is the leader of the Avant Gardes book club so they often meet up at the café for coffee, and he's also English so of course he drinks lots of tea at home! It helps him to relax/focus etc. and resist his vampire nature.

Oh my goodness, do you have a pic of this good-natured English tea-drinking Vampire who is the leader of a book club and spends a lot of time in a cafe? I think I just fell in love with him :love:
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Neither. The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 had coffee machines that served only to make Sims need to pee -- the energy boost was never worth it, so I never got into the habit. I tried the coffee machine in TS4, but found the constant cleanup a hassle. I don't think I've tried the tea.
  • Options
    QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 had coffee machines that served only to make Sims need to pee -- the energy boost was never worth it

I don't think much has changed in that department. :D I've always wished the energy boost from tea and coffee were greater, so that it felt more worthwhile for the trade-off of having to pee so much. It really hasn't ever been that beneficial, sadly.

That being said, I do sometimes use the tea and coffee makers in my Sims' homes. I probably use the tea maker more often, since I'm a tea person irl. However, I do have some Sims and households that seem more like coffee people, so that gets used sometimes, too. Probably even more so since I downloaded some custom coffee lover and tea lover traits a while back.

What my households don't really drink a lot of is juice.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Neither. Since sims don't have a thirst meter I often forget to have them drink anything.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Mine drink both.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited February 2020
    Coffee. They don't have a tea maker because I'm too lazy to buy one.
    It's weird because I love tea and have never actually tasted coffee... (I'm now scared because everyone thinks I'm weird for never having tasted coffee. Don't come for me lol :''D )
  • Options
    Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    It varies. They often have either the tea pot or a coffee machine, rarely both. I don’t use them often, but sometimes. They often order some kind of beverage when out and about.

I drink mostly coffee myself, but I lile tea as well :)
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »

Oh my goodness, do you have a pic of this good-natured English tea-drinking Vampire who is the leader of a book club and spends a lot of time in a cafe? I think I just fell in love with him :love:

@Elliandre :D Haha, I love him too! He's in my profile pic. The perfect man - well, if you don't mind his thirst for plasma, as well as tea!
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Neither. Think more....sanguine.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    My sims drink tea way more than coffee, irl it's the opposite. All I have to do is put a teamaker in the game and they will make their own tea. I have several sims who will make healthy green regularly. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited February 2020
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Mine drink both. They have coffee every morning. And I can never remember which tea creates which emotion, so I make them drink each type until I get the right emotion. So they drink lots of tea.

... and what do you drink? I drink both as well.

Depends on my sim I'm playing. Victoria VanHelsing drinks both but Raven Hex my half-demon loves tea while her brother will drink whatever his latest target is drinking. Oops, I meant to say love interest at the time is drinking to woo them into a false sense he actually "cares" and "loves" them and wants to be like 'yeah babe I love The Smoka Mocha at Riverine Cafe best, How did you know?' When he is with his sister who he genuinely cares about and truly loves he drinks both willingly. He has had the best tea parties with her and only her. Sabastian - The Eternally Manic Scholar of The Mysteries is strictly a coffee drinker. Trust me with his level of hyperactivity it can't be anything but a pot of coffee or two since his doting wife Elizabeth of 20 years seems to hide the Red Bull from him. She says he's zippy enough on coffee. Saxton Koriander is a snob and only drinks tea. He truly exemplifies the kind of Spellcaster Victoria talks about when she whispers to other vampires "You know spellcasters a bunch of arrogant pompous elitist snobs who just want you to admire their wand and their 'superiority' over everything" Followed by them giving her a hug and making her a Plasma Jane.

I personally drink both..
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think I tend to put more teapots in my sims homes than coffee makers. But sometimes I put the tray from SD, or the lemonade tray from BYS in too. It depends on the sim and how I see them I guess. Or sometimes they get a bar or the drink globe.

Me? I drink coffee first thing in the morning only. And Iced Tea in the summer only. (homemade) Otherwise, it's the wine rack for me! :*
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Neither usually. I use to use tea for the mood effect (mostly for jobs) or for colds but both of those game dynamics have been changed to the point of not needing them now.
    Sometimes they have a pot in the house for either type if I think of it and it suits the character.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Neither but used to be tea.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif