Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clothing Categories - Which is Lacking?

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Sleepwear
    Sleepwear especially is very limited but swimwear comes close second.
    As others pointed out, there isn't enough toddler, child, and male clothing in general though. Especially since feminine clothing on a masculine body doesn't show up correctly (c'mon, the textures on feminine tops/dresses do not need to come with default chest expansion, do they?).

I think there's a bunch of everyday clothing that works as Cold or Hot weather, it's just not correctly tagged for those categories, unfortunately.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Sleepwear
    Sleepwear
    Cold Weather
    Accessories
    Men's Majority
    Toddler's Majority
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited February 2020
    Formal outfit for Cold Weather

I didn't find something which could match to Mortimer Goth's style.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sleepwear
    So_Money wrote: »
    Men’s everything.

Yes, my thoughts exactly! I would also love more for toddlers and child sims and more sleep/underwear options.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Sleepwear
    i would say sleep wear for all ages both sim genders from underwear to pj like for exemple tighty whities (briefs) that was in the sims3 the cute animal pj that where in the sims2 for toddlers ect
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Toddlers, kids, teens, men's in all categories.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Cold Weather
    Most cold weather clothing that we have would barely work in really cold weather. We need more coats, jackets and scarfs.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Sleepwear
    Male everything. Not just men. Also sleepwear and swimwear.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Cold Weather
    i reuse a lot of cold weather cause there's hardly anything

so more of that would be nice.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited February 2020
    Everyday
    Men’s pants that cover their ankles. So many of them make your sim look like they went through a growth spurt and couldn’t afford new pants, like the patterned ones from Strangerville.
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Cold Weather
    Mens, children, & toddlers everything, but cold weather clothes and practical everyday clothes. I mean do we really need another pair of skinny jeans?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Sleepwear
    We need the sleepwear that was in Sims 3 MasterSuite Stuff put into Sims 4.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Everyday
    High wasted pants and cold weather for adult women. Also you can never have too much everyday clothes.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Cold Weather
    I wish we had more outerwear coats! I would also looooooooove if we could get scarves in the necklace category that we could layer with our coats and sweaters. I have a cc one, but I would love to have one as an actual Maxis asset.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Cold Weather
    Cold Weather and Sleepwear. Also could sims REMOVE their coats and hats inside ? This is so annoying.

isY9abi.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    None of them, we have enough clothing
    Should have been an option for 'other'. What's really lacking is a clear tagging of which clothes go where. There are a lot of items in everyday that are more appropriate for formal or party. We also have things really suitable only for sleeping or swimming appearing everywhere else. What I've seen the game pick for cold weather would freeze anyone not living in the tropics. Unless the mish-mash is sorted out we don't have a clear idea of which categories are well supplied and which are lacking. Same problem goes with CC clothes, btw.
  • xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    Cold Weather
    I don’t neccesarily need more new content, but a lot of existing content can be added to cold weather.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Sleepwear
    I want more Pjs, nightgowns especially, and sleepwear overall for all ages. I would love to see more underwear/lingerie like pieces in a love or wedding pack.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Everyday
    Men’s everything.
    Exactly this. They have flamboyant clothing covered but if I had to pick men need more normal everyday clothing not bright with patterns everywhere or cartoon characters or above the ankle pants or skin tight shirts but instead longer loose t-shirts and jeans can we at least get the basics and move on from there.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Cold Weather
    thecatsred wrote: »
    Men's clothes, but particularly like, non-formal yet still "dressed up" items. And party clothes. Like... concert outfits, sport game attire, rave clothes, glam rock stuff - yknow like something that screams "this isn't what I normally wear but I'm having a GOOD TIME RIGHT NOW"

But in general - men's clothes. They never make any clothes for men or boys. And if they do it's like "here's a pair of sweatpants and the same ill-fitting jeans we made 8 months ago but in a different color".

If the sim devs really are aiming the game at teen girls, wouldn't it stand to reason that these hypothetical girls would want their sims ladies to have well-dressed men??
    THIS was always my thinking lol 😅😅 they are doing the guys really dirty, my sim husband looks like a bum without CC. And
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Cold Weather
    Couldn't really answer. I'm all CC'd out.
    What I would love to see is more modest outfits for child girls and adults. Like long skirt styles and stylish covering shirts. (Trust me even with cc I can barely find it) I'd also love more men gothic/stylish clothes. And much more options for kids in general.

After thinking it over I chose cold weather wear though.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Formal
    I would like to see more wedding dresses and cold weather.

But in general more clothes for children and toddlers are needed in my opinion.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited February 2020
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Men’s everything.
    Exactly this. They have flamboyant clothing covered but if I had to pick men need more normal everyday clothing not bright with patterns everywhere or cartoon characters or above the ankle pants or skin tight shirts but instead longer loose t-shirts and jeans can we at least get the basics and move on from there.

Yep. I want classic, fashionable clothing for adult men. Nothing too avant-garde. Just nice shirts, slacks, and for the love of god some decent shoes. Better fitting polos and henleys. Some jeans that a non-hipster mature man wouldn’t be caught dead in. Suits that don’t look like tents that a 1940’s mobster would be embarrassed to wear.

And I’ll keep dreaming of nice ties as an accessory.

Tasteful GQ magazine type stuff, basically.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Party (yes, I almost forgot that one!)
    This is why I have downloaded so much CC clothing from TSR and other sites. More variety. Men, Women, Children, Toddlers. Though that is how I accidentally ended up with Fufu pants. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited February 2020
    Cold Weather
    I chose cold weather, but immediately regretted it because sleepwear. I'm half-asleep at the moment, so I actually missed that option.

We definitely need some attention in the sleepwear department. All of my Sims wear the same stuff.

But I do still believe that we're also lacking in cold-weather options. When it comes to proper jackets and whatnot, that's another category where all of my Sims are starting to wear the same stuff.