Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Call for help with Ultimate Collection crashes

VaidaVaida Posts: 35 Member
Hey bois and gals.

So basically, I have the Ultimate Collection on Origin. I love TS2 and would like to play it. However, I have Windows 10, quite good hardware and for some reason the game is not cooperating with me.
Usually it runs well, got fixes for lighting and shadows, however whenever the script for Witches is loaded by the game it crashes. Usually on the community lot, but not only. Typically everytime there is a witch to appear or a spell is thrown the game crashes.
I don't care this much about magic in my sims game, so I'm wondering if there is any way to disable these magic characters in game, or any fix to that problem.

Looking forward to seeing your replies, hope you will be able to suggest something.
Nice pants.
P6Ps.gif

Comments

• Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    edited February 2020
    Have you tried reinstalling your game or repairing it in Origin? If it's possible, try to reinstall only Apartment Life.
    You can't disable witches btw.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    garapoes wrote: »
    Have you tried reinstalling your game or repairing it in Origin? If it's possible, try to reinstall only Apartment Life.
    You can't disable witches btw.

Ultimate collection is ultimate collection, I can't choose which expansions I want to install, reinstall etc.
    But yeah, I tried repairing etc. Frankly speaking game repairs itself after every crash, but it doesn't change the fact it still happens. :(
    Nice pants.
    P6Ps.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This is a bug with all special NPCs showing up on lots. It started with Pets when the strays or especially the wolves showed up. On a machine (now old) back in the day, my game would lag out and freeze, it has a lot to do with the processor and video card. And 3D shaders. This was on their end, not my machine. I removed the witches from showing up on community lots and owned business lots with a mod. Even on my machine today, I still see a slight pause with the wolves popping into the portal on home lots. Reinstalling won't help this. This is how they determine how much they think of your video card. Back in the day even midgrade video cards were considered low end by their code.

There are cheats for the Config files to go in there and change the number it rates the video card. If I can find some of those instructions or you can google it, I might be able to help. But best suggestion is to stop witches from showing up with a mod.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This is a bug with all special NPCs showing up on lots. It started with Pets when the strays or especially the wolves showed up. On a machine (now old) back in the day, my game would lag out and freeze, it has a lot to do with the processor and video card. And 3D shaders. This was on their end, not my machine. I removed the witches from showing up on community lots and owned business lots with a mod. Even on my machine today, I still see a slight pause with the wolves popping into the portal on home lots. Reinstalling won't help this. This is how they determine how much they think of your video card. Back in the day even midgrade video cards were considered low end by their code.

There are cheats for the Config files to go in there and change the number it rates the video card. If I can find some of those instructions or you can google it, I might be able to help. But best suggestion is to stop witches from showing up with a mod.

Thanks for the suggestion, I installed No-Witches mod, we'll see how it works.

EDIT: That's not that... it still crashed :/
    Post edited by Vaida on
    Nice pants.
    P6Ps.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I'm not understanding why it crashed. If you installed the mod no witches should show up anywhere. Do you have any custom content in game related to skins or witches? Just asking since you said it crashes when they show up before the mod. The mod should stop them from entering a lot.

ETA: One time I had a piece of custom grass in my game and every time a particular Sim entered the lot at a particular time of every morning the game crashed. Maybe it has nothing to do with witches.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Well, I always thought it was about the witches, cause I noticed that it happened then most of the time, but it seems that it's not the case. It only crashes on a community lot though...
    Nice pants.
    P6Ps.gif
  • Options
    Vaida wrote: »
    Well, I always thought it was about the witches, cause I noticed that it happened then most of the time, but it seems that it's not the case. It only crashes on a community lot though...

Every lot or just one? Same time of day? Maybe it's the lot? Did you use the GraphicRule Maker to make sure the game will recognise your video card and processors as being good enough to play TS2UC? After 2009 the game thinks any newer video card or processor is too old and as low end as the really old ones back in 2000. It doesn't have the names of any new video cards that came out in the last fifteen years. If you haven't used it or changed a driver for your video card recently you may need to go through those steps again.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Are you using any custom content? If so, are you using custom foods or anything?

I had problems with my game crashing for months, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. I had also attributed it to witches and special NPC's showing up on the lots, but it wasn't. It was the mods I had for custom foods, and a mod that unlocked the BV food to make at home.
    Once I removed those, my game stopped crashing on comm lots.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited February 2020
    My game was crashing constantly whenever I tried sending my sim out for a date. I tried deleting cache and so on so forth. It got so frustrating that I was finally starting to play Sims 2 completely that I was going to go back to The Sims 4.

Downloading the 4GB patch stopped my game from crashing.

A fellow Sims 2 simmer sent me this link --> How to Play Sims 2 on Windows 10

I hope your issue resolves.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    My game was crashing constantly whenever I tried sending my sim out for a date. I tried deleting cache and so on so forth. It got so frustrating that I was finally starting to play Sims 2 completely that I was going to go back to The Sims 4.

Downloading the 4GB patch stopped my game from crashing.

A fellow Sims 2 simmer sent me this link --> How to Play Sims 2 on Windows 10

I hope your issue resolves.

Oh my god! That's what I needed! Now everything plays smooth and sound, just like I remember it from 15 years back. Thank you a lot!
    Nice pants.
    P6Ps.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Glad you solved it. However, most of us won't tell you to update your game through Origin if you want to remain Origin free. :p