Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anti DIY Delight Support Group

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    pkstracy wrote: »
    I cannot believe the arts and crafts one won, was really wanting happy hauntings with the ghost hunter, grim reaper assistant, and fortune teller.
    I mean it's bad enough we have laundry day

Happy Haunts is great if we get it in GP with all the listed gameplay options for it + more

but they did only promise a stuff pack worth of the whatever theme we go with
    and one (1) gameplay function out of 5 under that theme

so I think it is better we ended up with A&C and knitting
    since it fits much better into scope of stuff pack

I don't want them to cheap out on my occults you either do it full on or you don't

Truth. I just hope we actually see that Haunts game pack.
    #Team Occult
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    pkstracy wrote: »
    I cannot believe the arts and crafts one won, was really wanting happy hauntings with the ghost hunter, grim reaper assistant, and fortune teller.
    I mean it's bad enough we have laundry day

Happy Haunts is great if we get it in GP with all the listed gameplay options for it + more

but they did only promise a stuff pack worth of the whatever theme we go with
    and one (1) gameplay function out of 5 under that theme

so I think it is better we ended up with A&C and knitting
    since it fits much better into scope of stuff pack

I don't want them to cheap out on my occults you either do it full on or you don't

Truth. I just hope we actually see that Haunts game pack.

yeah I truly hope they don't just throw it in dusty attic as if it never existed TT
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I would've liked the granny one to win...
    I feel like Cozy Craftshop was kinda dark and cold, it kinda lacked the charm.

DIY Delight on the other hand is just so... millennial. Reminds me of the time when people made those weird DIY room decor videos on YouTube... I just feel like it's very IKEA (not that I have anything against IKEA, I just don't think IKEA when I think of knitting). After all, the pack is about knitting, not crafting so I don't understand why choose the millennial crafting room when we finally had a chance for an elderly themed pack. I think the CAS item vote didn't really offer much for elders either. Obviously, not all elderly people wear the typical ''old lady'' clothes but I would've liked the option to dress my elders in something little bit more granny style (it's a game after all)

I loved Granny Chic. You could just see the old lady in the CAS art style previews sitting on the big, comfy armchair by the fireplace knitting stuff for their grandchildren. I feel like Granny Chic would've also opened new opportunities for builders than the IKEA one.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    So...I didn't think I was really paying that much attention to all this, but the other night I dreamed I was actually living in the DIY Delight room. My impression was that the wall colors were not as bright as I'd feared but still jarring, but the furniture wasn't bad. I also thought - in the dream - that I'd still prefer Cozy Craft. Then I woke up and wondered what in the world I am doing in my life to make me dream such a thing.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I was on board with Granny chick more of an elder theme would've been nice, they've gotten neglected for far to long. Everything in DIY looks to be what we already have in game.

Yeah I've gone through the CAS vote, disappointed to see that the majority of CAS items looking like tweaked/knitted versions of clothing that was centred around YA ie short skirts, crop tops etc. Whilst I appreciate that knitting isn't exclusive to the elderly I wish that the focus wasn't going to be so centric around quirky young adults who knit....

I guess for those who speak loudly about wanting more elder centric styles have their answer now. The majority simply prefer YA centric content.
    So...I didn't think I was really paying that much attention to all this, but the other night I dreamed I was actually living in the DIY Delight room. My impression was that the wall colors were not as bright as I'd feared but still jarring, but the furniture wasn't bad. I also thought - in the dream - that I'd still prefer Cozy Craft. Then I woke up and wondered what in the world I am doing in my life to make me dream such a thing.

big mood
    edited January 2020
    chickenow wrote: »
    I was on board with Granny chick more of an elder theme would've been nice, they've gotten neglected for far to long. Everything in DIY looks to be what we already have in game.

Yeah I've gone through the CAS vote, disappointed to see that the majority of CAS items looking like tweaked/knitted versions of clothing that was centred around YA ie short skirts, crop tops etc. Whilst I appreciate that knitting isn't exclusive to the elderly I wish that the focus wasn't going to be so centric around quirky young adults who knit....

I guess for those who speak loudly about wanting more elder centric styles have their answer now. The majority simply prefer YA centric content.

idk I feel like I vibe with grandmas more in b/b for both my irl grandmas were rather fashionable people

but I also I feel like we don't have that good hyasinth bucket vibe going we could have had with grandma chic
    a1ecc9a8968bb493e1e7c9a3504b6b50.jpg

could definitely want some flowery shoulder pad dresses :wink:
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    ikea people can't reach us

Hey now hey now, Ikea is the bomb. I would love an Ikea stuff pack. That being said, I'm NOT a "warm and cozy knitty witty" person. Knitting was low, low, low on my totem pole of stuff packs needed. We need male/boy clothes b a d.
    edited January 2020
    Hey now hey now, Ikea is the bomb. I would love an Ikea stuff pack. That being said, I'm NOT a "warm and cozy knitty witty" person. Knitting was low, low, low on my totem pole of stuff packs needed. We need male/boy clothes b a d.
    I don't think it's necessarily Ikea that bothers people but the fact that the knitting pack looks like Ikea stuff... When you think of knitting, Ikea probably isn't the first thing that pops into your head :'D
    It's so sad to see that S4 is such a millennial simulator... I would love to have stuff for other sims than young adult females... Seems like all the recent packs' CAS items are mostly for YA females. I can see the appeal for the people designing these clothes because it's probably easier to come up with clothing items for women that are still versatile but different from the stuff we already have. I just feel like generic men's fashion doesn't include as many different elements as women's fashion in real life.
    edited January 2020

I don't think it's necessarily Ikea that bothers people but the fact that the knitting pack looks like Ikea stuff... When you think of knitting, Ikea probably isn't the first thing that pops into your head :'D

yeah I mean I'm not against ikea as ikea pack cause like I could just not buy it

but it truly should not mess with my knitting vibes like crafting pack with mass produced plasticy furniture? I think not

about only objects I can think of wanting out of these bland furniture stores are modular couches and frameless beds and I don't think there is room for either in this pack that much
    edited January 2020
    It's so sad to see that S4 is such a millennial simulator... I would love to have stuff for other sims than young adult females... Seems like all the recent packs' CAS items are mostly for YA females. I can see the appeal for the people designing these clothes because it's probably easier to come up with clothing items for women that are still versatile but different from the stuff we already have. I just feel like generic men's fashion doesn't include as many different elements as women's fashion in real life.

I don't mind ya female clothes but they have very weird sense of what ya females wear

like I'm ya female and um... p_p its not all crop tops and jeans you know?

there is so few pretty clothes that cover belly and arms and don't go full boobage I'm just saying
    I don't mind ya female clothes but they have very weird sense of what ya females wear

there is so few pretty clothes that cover belly and arms I'm just saying

Ugh... I don't understand why they keep pushing these low-waisted bottoms for female sims. No-one in their right mind likes to wear low-waisted stuff, it's not flattering nor comfortable so just please no. I just keep getting serious S2 and S3 flashbacks with all these pants that look like they're so low-waisted they're gonna show a little too much if your sim were to lean over.

I didn't vote for any of the female bottoms because I could tell all of them were gonna be low-waisted :'D

edited January 2020

there is so few pretty clothes that cover belly and arms I'm just saying

Ugh... I don't understand why they keep pushing these low-waisted bottoms for female sims. No-one in their right mind likes to wear low-waisted stuff, it's not flattering nor comfortable so just please no. I just keep getting serious S2 and S3 flashbacks with all these pants that look like they're so low-waisted they're gonna show a little too much if your sim were to lean over.

I didn't vote for any of the female bottoms because I could tell all of them were gonna be low-waisted :'D

mood

and also I am more squad dresses myself
    I don't even wear jeans irl p_p uncomfy

so this overload of similar looking jeans in catalog does nothing for me truly

I have like one high waisted jeans I use everytime I put my sims in jeans pretty much

same goes for dudes pants like I think I use same 4 pants over and over or put them in full body things

and overall I just don't get why we would need jeans in knitting pack like knitted clothes anyone? it's not like there is no inspo?
  • lucy_kathelucy_kathe Posts: 3 New Member
    this was the only theme out of the three that i didnt like at all right from the get go, even when i looked at each individual object there was only one i liked, the whole art stye looks like a special craft day in some stupid primary school ffs, it all looks so plastic and kid friendly, i relly struggled with the cas vote too, i found half the stuff didnt even look knitted and the other half were so similar to stuff we already have in game, im glad they tried to stray a little from the pure granny style in cas but i still think one or two classic traditional pieces should've been there too, im glad we got knitting and i just hope the b&b choises will save the childish art style
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we're at one of the most diverse ages for men's and children fashion. It would be SO easy to add more clothing for these groups. Just take $200 and go to Target. Boom. The CC out there for men and children are killing it so much better but they are still quite limited when it comes to Maxis Match. Ugh.

Meanwhile, all my YA female sims wear CC based on the latest fashions. So who the heck is this CAS for?

mood

I have like one high waisted jeans I use everytime I put my sims in jeans pretty much

same goes for dudes pants like I think I use same 4 pants over and over or put them in full body things

and overall I just don't get why we would need jeans in knitting pack like knitted clothes anyone? it's not like there is no inspo?

Dudes really lack in good jeans though. For starters, I would like just a basic pair of skinny jeans, no weird colorful stripes on the side that won't match with anything... Also, cuffed and ripped jeans for guys would also be really nice.

I only wear jeans IRL if I'm going out (aka never because I only leave my house for work and I'd rather not wear jeans there)... Otherwise, I wear running tights or regular leggings. I just don't like the way jeans feel or smell :'D I also hate shopping for jeans and pants in general because I'm the type of person who hates going to fitting rooms because it's just too much trouble... So, I never buy pants in person because if I only buy tops, I don't have to try them on and can get out of the store as fast as possible. I'm luckily a size that is easy to shop for online (most of the time at least) except dresses are hard to buy because they're always too big.
  • blackwolf10799blackwolf10799 Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2020
    Not to sound rude but if you REALLY hate the theme of something, there will always be custom content to change it. I personally don't care for 90% base game item designs so I just made or downloaded items of my taste. I like the pastels, just don't exactly care for the ikea furniture, all looks cheap/plastic.
    edited January 2020

mood

Dudes really lack in good jeans though. For starters, I would like just a basic pair of skinny jeans, no weird colorful stripes on the side that won't match with anything... Also, cuffed and ripped jeans for guys would also be really nice.

I only wear jeans IRL if I'm going out (aka never because I only leave my house for work and I'd rather not wear jeans there)... Otherwise, I wear running tights or regular leggings. I just don't like the way jeans feel or smell :'D I also hate shopping for jeans and pants in general because I'm the type of person who hates going to fitting rooms because it's just too much trouble... So, I never buy pants in person because if I only buy tops, I don't have to try them on and can get out of the store as fast as possible. I'm luckily a size that is easy to shop for online (most of the time at least) except dresses are hard to buy because they're always too big.

I mean yeah some of the dudes pants are bit weird
    but I find there is enough for my basic tastes

I don't order online at all tbh
    too smoll clothes or ill fitting clothes type of problem for me
    but idk I just don't like wearing pants cause they uncomfy especially jeans
    unless I go hiking or something and I really need pants then I go for sweatpants p_p

most of the time I just pair black leggings or black tights with sort of casual dress kind of things

ankle boots, long jacket + knitted mittens for winter clothes

(+ woolly socks at home during winter

funny how we actually don't have casual t-shirt dresses,or long jackets, or mittens, or woolly socks in the game tho

I mean I suppose we got long jackets for dudes (like vlads one) but not that much for gal figure unless I am forgetting something important
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    The pack theme: ehn, people saying they wouldn’t have done HH justice are right. Though I would have liked something other than knitting, of all things. How is this at all going to be entertaining?

The theme design: Yuck. It’s like watching a B-version DIY show. The equivalent of Martha Stewart making a door wreath out of plastic baggies. IKEA makes some nice stuff, it’s not all cheap plastic bowls and shower curtains. They picked all their stuff from the discount bin for this one.

Now the CAS: ... really? Half this stuff isn’t even knit! Why are there crop tops and shorts and mini skirts!? And why are the knit items so ugly?! Who would wear half of that stuff 😑
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    It's gotten worse. The choices in the CAS vote were appaling. Didn't like any of them so was a matter of voting for the least disliked. What is EA thinking, if they are? Shaping up to be another pack I don't get.
    edited February 2020

funny how we actually don't have casual t-shirt dresses,or long jackets, or mittens, or woolly socks in the game tho

I mean I suppose we got long jackets for dudes (like vlads one) but not that much for gal figure unless I am forgetting something important

Yeah... Maybe they should try to find out what type of clothing the community would be interested in. A lot of the clothing items we get can sometimes look very similar to previous items and maybe a partial reason could be the fact that they might not notice some basic items we're missing.

But I guess, as long as people are buying the packs, they can get away with selling half-baked packs with similar items or even recolors of previous items (*cough* My First pet stuff)

Edit: I don't think the uproar on the design of Laundry Day was at all similar to this one. To be fair, they only offered us two options for overall style; rustic or modern.

edited February 2020

Yeah... Maybe they should try to find out what type of clothing the community would be interested in. A lot of the clothing items we get can sometimes look very similar to previous items and maybe a partial reason could be the fact that they might not notice some basic items we're missing.

But I guess, as long as people are buying the packs, they can get away with selling half-baked packs with similar items or even recolors of previous items (*cough* My First pet stuff)

Edit: I don't think the uproar on the design of Laundry Day was at all similar to this one. To be fair, they only offered us two options for overall style; rustic or modern.

I mean yeah and honestly I don't mind with laundry day or such because there is no items you make with laundry you know like it can be any type of clothes they are washing and whatever

but when I think of them finally adding something like knitting and making it a pack of its own I get angry because there is so much knitted clothes and decor and such that I want and they could add instead of the # random stuff

like who looks at stuff pack like "hmm knitting pack i bet it comes with cool jeans" like no. I just want my freaking mittens and woolly socks there ain't any in the game and it has bothered me for ages

like there is already very small amount of objects in stuff packs so what is the point of adding objects that have nothing to do with pack theme
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    This pack is going to be really inconsistent and I know that sounds nitpicky but it bothers me. It's like, people voted for knitting. Fair enough. But then when it came to the room design, they voted DIY. Congrats folks, you now have a sewing room! Wait...wut? :D The devs kind of meshed together knitting and sewing concepts and SimGuruNinja even admitted he didn't know the difference. So now we look at the CAS designs and we have a combination of knitted and sewed items. If you look closely at them, you can see the textures and stitches. But players tend to go for what's pleasing to the eye, or what we think we'll use, not what makes sense for the pack.

So in essence, the Granny chic would have gone well with all of the actual knit items in the CAS category, while the DIY room would match the non-knit items because they look more sewed together. Basically, this pack could have been either a knitting pack or a sewing pack, but it's turning out to be a strange combination except without a sewing machine and only knitting activities. I don't think it would have bugged me as much if it had remained consistent. But putting a sewing animation in with knitting is not an option at this point because it will take something else away. So now we'll have a useless sewing table without even a sewing machine object to make it look like our Sims can sew. I kind of want to petition for a sewing machine decor item.

As for the Cozy Crafts room, I did really like it, but it looked to me more like a workshop for the sculpting or glass crafts.

I just think that the pack would turn out better if it was all one or the other and really delved into its proper theme.
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »
    This pack is going to be really inconsistent and I know that sounds nitpicky but it bothers me. It's like, people voted for knitting. Fair enough. But then when it came to the room design, they voted DIY. Congrats folks, you now have a sewing room! Wait...wut? :D The devs kind of meshed together knitting and sewing concepts and SimGuruNinja even admitted he didn't know the difference. So now we look at the CAS designs and we have a combination of knitted and sewed items. If you look closely at them, you can see the textures and stitches. But players tend to go for what's pleasing to the eye, or what we think we'll use, not what makes sense for the pack.

So in essence, the Granny chic would have gone well with all of the actual knit items in the CAS category, while the DIY room would match the non-knit items because they look more sewed together. Basically, this pack could have been either a knitting pack or a sewing pack, but it's turning out to be a strange combination except without a sewing machine and only knitting activities. I don't think it would have bugged me as much if it had remained consistent. But putting a sewing animation in with knitting is not an option at this point because it will take something else away. So now we'll have a useless sewing table without even a sewing machine object to make it look like our Sims can sew. I kind of want to petition for a sewing machine decor item.

As for the Cozy Crafts room, I did really like it, but it looked to me more like a workshop for the sculpting or glass crafts.

I just think that the pack would turn out better if it was all one or the other and really delved into its proper theme.

exactly and this is problem for me with many ts4 stuff packs tbh I really wish objects would stay true to pack theme

like this is not ts4 jeans and stuff
    its supposed to be centered around knitting so give me knitted items TT
    I hope they actually include more than 15 CAS items in the pack. There's always a possibility that these are just the basic CAS items and then we can unlock more stuff through knitting. I feel like the BB vote is gonna have like some nice, basic items but the twist is, none of them is going to have anything to do with knitting. There's maybe gonna be like shelves and there's a ball of yarn on them and that's where the knitting comes in.

I'd really like woolly socks for my sims. I already use CC mittens but I wouldn't mind them giving us official mittens too.