Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clothing Categories - Which is Lacking?

We all know that adult sims get the lions share of any new clothing, but what about the different categories? It seems to me like every new pack gives us lots of everyday clothes, some everyday clothes and then more everyday clothes.

Which category would you most love to see lots more clothing for?

Clothing Categories - Which is Lacking? 146 votes

Everyday
4%
fruitsbasket101QueenMercyChadSims2filipomelFallenxroses7freezrbunny 6 votes
Formal
4%
mock68Chanty25Bird166CellardwellerSusim62Atreya33Sigma1202 7 votes
Athletic
2%
TeeSea_hanzoloElliandre 3 votes
Sleepwear
45%
Kita5399jeLlyBeAn1573sims2freak737Colorist40AprilDawnPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarBloosmooThunderbat87invisiblgirlsimgirl1010friendlysimmersElegantblkchina1luthienrisingloubyloulouBluelleKim5496AquariusMomJACKIEJOYspice3 66 votes
Swimming
6%
Frn0731IObelleLindsaySeddon1BatmanFanGirlNationalPokedexEnkiSchmidtStrawberryYogurtTamakiSakura84LinzzGeralt_ofRivia 10 votes
Hot Weather
1%
peterskywalkerTheFlyingGentleman 2 votes
Cold Weather
30%
StilettoBlackelanorbretonhaneulsimfriend1968Mindofytaydevmikawagfallenangel66BabykittyjadeDaravifoxybillyDevilNDisguiseSiladriafiercephoenix91MDianaSimsmustenixMarianxflippinmaryPamtastic72AbraKadabra 44 votes
None of them, we have enough clothing
2%
alan650111OldeseadoggeNorthDakotaGamerEvie0602 4 votes
Party (yes, I almost forgot that one!)
2%
thecatsredphantasmkissLyouflnAdmiral8Q 4 votes

Comments

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Swimming
    Accessories.
    Tattoos.

I know those aren't clothing categories but still elements of CAS I wish there were more of.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Party (yes, I almost forgot that one!)
    Men's clothes, but particularly like, non-formal yet still "dressed up" items. And party clothes. Like... concert outfits, sport game attire, rave clothes, glam rock stuff - yknow like something that screams "this isn't what I normally wear but I'm having a GOOD TIME RIGHT NOW"

But in general - men's clothes. They never make any clothes for men or boys. And if they do it's like "here's a pair of sweatpants and the same ill-fitting jeans we made 8 months ago but in a different color".

If the sim devs really are aiming the game at teen girls, wouldn't it stand to reason that these hypothetical girls would want their sims ladies to have well-dressed men??
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Men’s everything.

This!!! The majority of my votes on this last community survey were for men's clothing. The dudes-or those individuals that choose to dress in the masculine style- are severely limited. I never thought I would download CC but the bulk of the CC I do have is for masculine clothes.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Sleepwear
    Really, it's everything in toddlers/kids that are lacking, but I find the sleepwear options across the board (incl. ya-ef) a bit limiting, especially when I make a historical/fantasy family in cas without relying on CC. The same can be said for swimwear as well.
    Accessories.
    Tattoos.

I know those aren't clothing categories but still elements of CAS I wish there were more of.

And yes, the above too.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Sleepwear
    Honestly, I've had trouble making outfits in all categories at times (there's not nearly enough boho/neo-renfaire style stuff for some of my sims), but sleep, swim and winter are the ones I tend to spend the most time trying to find the "right" elements and coming up short - in roughly that order.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Sleepwear
    Toddlers, children's, and men's. Sleepwear in general.
  • uglytownieuglytownie Posts: 29 Member
    Sleepwear
    Sleepwear and tattoos, definitely. I usually untick the 'sleepwear' tag and just use clothes that aren't normally there.
    f9kiTE1.png
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    We don’t have enough clothing. Period. Especially for males, toddlers, and children. Swatches need to be expanded as well. At this point, I expect the Studio to take into high consideration on what modders have done to enhance the game.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    Male , all categories.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    All categories are lacking
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Cold Weather
    Cold weather. There's barely any choices and it seems like all my sims are dressed alike when the weather is cold. Sleepwear is also lacking but I don't find that as important since they only sleep in it.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Athletic
    Athletic. I'd love to have more tank tops, gym shorts, and yoga pants.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Men's underwear. I want briefs I want more boxers etc to sleep in. XD
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Everyday
    Read the question wrong and picked the wrong answer. Oops. I would agree with the majority vote that sleepwear is lacking the most.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    Men’s in general and women’s winter.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    Everyday: casual short dresses that ain't too summery and also not bodycon

Formal: wedding dresses + some more elegant long dresses that ain't overdoing the exposure or random decorations

Athletic: don't need more at all

Sleepwear: fancy morning gowns

Swimming: would like some fullbody swimwear in particular

Hot weather: I suppose I ain't against some flower dresses and such

Cold weather: long jackets

Accessories: everything but especially mittens and woolly socks and fancy hats and so

other:
    occult clothes
    goth, rock etc type of clothes
    old style clothes
    ancient clothes (i just love em)
    clothes for elders
    clothes with less skin exposure
    kids and toddlers clothes in general
    high heel boots of many kinds
    I guess dudes selection is bit sad too
    some ethnic things perhaps?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    A new category for outerwear
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited February 2020
    Cold Weather
    We don't have enough warm winter coats. My Sims are always wearing the same few options. I don't want to make them wear thin jackets or sweaters when it's cold and snowy, it looks weird. Also there are no mittens, why?
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    Cold Weather
    Both cold weather and sleepwear. Even if you remove the tags and select from everything there isn't enough that's suitable.
    I chose cold weather wear for the poll because I more often see sims (both my sims and every passerby, everyone on community lots) wearing that then their sleepwear (limited to mostly my own sims).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited February 2020
    Cold Weather
    Cold wear for women is lacking. Most of the jackets are half sleeve or too open around the neck. Male jackets don't sit that well on females. Also maybe sleepwear too, but it bothers me less.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Cold Weather
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Athletic. I'd love to have more tank tops, gym shorts, and yoga pants.
    Lol, is that a sarcastic answer or for real?

I would love more outerwear mainly, but sleepwear is a very close second.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Cold Weather
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sleepwear
    Men's clothing
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Because every category was lacking, I downloaded mass amounts of cc clothing, so I have no idea anymore which category is lacking the most, haha.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com