Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What features, items, fixes, etc. would you want added in a future free update?

What would you want to see EAxis add in a free update? For me it would be:
  • More musical instruments: bass, flute, saxophone, recorder, accordion, harmonica, drums; ability to form a band
  • More hobby-based skills
  • Distinct high-level singing voices for each sim voice
  • More special lots* or secret neighborhoods
  • Another empty world like Newcrest
  • Telephones
  • Newspapers
  • The ability to buy new cellphone models rather than just changing the color
  • Genuine NPCs: I'm not worried about game corruption. I'm old enough to know the difference between sims like the Social Worker and Bella Goth. I just want sims who don't age or die to fill up jobs in TS4 because I'm tired of having to makeover randomly generated townies.
  • No more instant skill gain No, Mrs. Landgraab, you are not a gamer just because you played Blickblock for 0.02 seconds
  • More activities/skills for kids: toy oven/stove, recorder skill
  • More chance cards related to school that does more than give my child/teen an emotion buff: If my child gets a note from a secret admirer, let that secret admirer be a real sim that they form a new friendship with!
  • And the most obvious: trait, autonomy, and relationship improvements

*When I say "special lots" I'm referring to lots that do not exist in any world like the career lots from GTW. I think EAxis could use this mechanic to add playable schools, adoption centers, and more!
Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    • Freed babies.

That's most of it right there. But also:
    • Ladders and circular stairs
    • Bunk beds
    • Unique stuff brought in from The Sims, Sims 2, and Sims 3, for the 20th anniversary.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    @luthienrising Oh, how could I forget about babies! I really hope improving babies is on the Sims Team's agenda for this year.

-Social Worker, probably
  • AuroraBoreallisAuroraBoreallis Posts: 108 Member
    • Freed babies
    • Circular Stairs
    • A button in CAS that would lock hairstyle and makeup across all outfits
    • Jobs for pets like in Sims 3

I can think of lots of other things but they would not be included in a free update ... LOL
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Shouldn't this better be posted in 'The Sims 4 PC Game Feedback'?
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Heads up! Moving this from the forums feedback section to the ideas corner as you are mostly suggesting on additions to the game. Carry on! :)
  • kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member

I'm always happy anytime they give us things in a free update, but I would like to see the following:
    • Bunk beds
    • Bikes for kids (I still can't believe they didn't do this when they first implemented bikes. like really who didn't learn to ride a bike as a kid?)
    • More clothes for kids and toddlers
    • A new empty world that could be matched to already existing worlds (almost like its an extended part of the world? Like how NewCrest looks like it could be between Willow Creek and San Myshuno? Or how Magnolia Promenade is like a shopping center for Willow Creek and NewCrest. I'd love to see more worlds that can be used to connect the current worlds together.
    • An improvement on sims themselves which was hinted at in that recent survey.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    - Cars
    - Preteens
    - Freed babies
    - Memory system with wants and fears
    - Trait overhaul
    - Emotion overhaul with fear added
    - Body hair
    - Toddlers added to Get Together club system with their own unique club activities
    - Beards separated from stubble in CAS so they can be layered
    - Ocean/lake swimming added to all worlds with water
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Overhauled babies.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    - hotels
    - ability to buy an aditional home
    - cars
    - a lot more aspirations
    - nectar making
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    *A Fear emotion and system for choosing fears, phobias and anxieties.

*A Flaws system that works similar to Rewards but earns reward points if you take them. They would include debuffs, faster need decays, personal quirks, etc for personalizing the imperfect Sim.

*Personal preferences to be selected in CAS, including likes, dislikes and partner preferences. (And further personality adjustments that were mentioned in the survey.)

*A good memory system, even if it's a simplified one that retains important moments in a Sim's life that they refer to in conversations and thoughts. Things like first kiss, first woohoo, aging to a teen and young adult (birthdays), getting a first pet, pet death, death of a loved one, being accepted to a Uni, getting a degree, etc. When I say simplified, I mean maybe the player can choose up to five major events in their Sim's life that can be remembered if there's a pop-up after the event happens. Even three major events. I'm bargaining here. Three is still better than nothing.

*A Trait overhaul to make the traits more powerful and meaningful. I feel that a gloomy Sim should remain gloomy and not suddenly get happy because of a "nicely decorated" room. I mean, come on! And speaking of...

*The Happy default changed to Fine, as well as the happy buffs for having full needs, eating a good meal (which should only affect Foodies and Gluttons, see Trait overhaul above,) and room decorations. All of these should give a Fine buff instead of Happy. I also think that Happy shouldn't buff other "positive" emotions like Inspired, Confident, etc. This is what makes Happy overkill.

* Animations, reactions and behaviors for Sims that don't get along. (Mentioned in the survey.) New idles that make sense for this.

*A ghost overhaul to give them better powers and create them in CAS. I'd also like more appearance options for them.
    #Team Occult
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    The ability to add Toddlers to clubs. This is such an oversight. Please EA, patch this in.
    Bikes for kids & tricycles for toddlers.
    New aspirations, traits, activities for teens & children.
    Cuddling in bed. I love it in TS2.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    - Smaller telescopes
    - bikes for children
    - ocean swimming on the windenburg island
    - updated plantsims
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    @LiELF I love all your ideas, especially your mention of reworking mood buffs/emotion. Roburky has a mod that changes a lot of happy moodlets to fine moodlets and it has made my game experience more enjoyable. I really want the Sims Team to turn this into an official feature. I fully agree that happy moodlets shouldn't boost other positive moodlets; it should be a challenge to get your sims into superlative emotions.

-Social Worker, probably
  • Janiebug1122Janiebug1122 Posts: 25 Member
    * Ability for Sims to own more than 1 lot/home - for example, maybe they have an apartment or house, and have a vacation home.

* in Pets, it takes like 8-12 hours for one vet to do 3-4 exams/treatments. I wish it were more "realistic" - even 1 exam/treatment per 1-1.5 hours would be more realistic.

* I'd like to see 1-2 car garage doors for residential homes (even if this is something that is added before cars are added - it's just a building necessity for many home builds!)

* I wish mailboxes didn't take up 2 tiles. 1 tile should be sufficient.

* I wish that it was a base-game thing, and not a mod, to have Sims NOT constantly default to using the computer, tv, radio, drink a glass of water, etc. when between commands. It is frustrating to 1. waste time cancelling that action-I-didn't-choose, while 2. The Sim has gone somewhere they now have to waste time coming back from before going where I want them to go.

Thank you!
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited February 2020
    • Babies to be updated (Freed from bassinet, more interactions (changing table, etc).
    • Trait Overhaul - New traits added, traits fixed, trait system fixed/remastered.
    • Emotions system - remastered/fixed, new emotions added (scared (terrified,) worried, etc).
    • Relationship system - remastered/fixed (Relationships should have more to them like the survey mentioned)
    • Spiral stairs (or maybe it can be added in a pack, I guess).
    • Skills - More skills updated (like how they've done gardening and fishing).
    • Sims standing still - Would like this to be fixed, when my Sims are sleeping and I save, then the next time I come into game, they're standing above to the side of their beds. :/
    • Multiple houses - Being able to own more than one house.
    • Ghosts reworked. - (I really loved the idea of Happy Haunts and the haunted lot trait. But basically, they could make ghosts where they haunt houses, but it doesn't have to be something that frequently happens. They could set this up so that it doesn't necessarily happen all the time, just like how they did aliens, by making abductions pretty much nonexistent, but obviously what they really need is options. Opt-in options that allow the player to control how much one thing happens in game. (For instance, don't want ghosts haunting your Sims houses? Turn it off. Want Sim Ghosts to haunt, to terrify, to spook, or to rattle objects, rattle chains, play creepy music every once in a while to run out a Sim? Turn it on. Please, EA. D:)
    • Opt-in/out options - To continue on what I was saying. Opt-in options for Supernaturals, for alien abductions (because instead of making this nonexistent, they should have opt-in/out settings so I could have my abductions back), etc. Opt-in options for different preferences, relationships, etc. Like if I want Sims around the neighborhood to actually find a romantic interest, or to marry, have kids, etc.. Story progression basically.. but maybe it's too late for that with Sims 4 (I have a mod to help), but maybe Sims 5.
    • Aliens reworked - Aliens should have better powers, they should be able to manipulate "human" sims and struggle with other supernatural Sims. They should be able to make gadget, study 'Earth', collect samples of new items found around all the worlds to study the Sims Planet, stuff like that. Dx They also need to have access to a lot more CAS items. OOH! Also, playing as Alien, you could get powers to get Sims to agree to experiments, lol.. obviously they could do it with like townies, or passerbys, you know? It doesn't have to be Sims that you play mainly. :) (this could cause emotions to get a big rework so that when they're getting samples for their studies from the experiments, this could put Sims in a state of confusion/daze, or something because obviously eventually an Alien that is really good at this, can take away the memory, so they don't know anything about the experiment and studies for science. ;p but Aliens could also fail at attempting to get the Sim to agree and upset the Sim(s), and then they could be found out that their an Alien.
    • Obviously I've put wayy too much thought into this, lol. I just really was hopeful for Aliens to be really good, especially since they had disguises, what's the point, if they have no powers really? :/ Plus, Sims 3 aliens could have spaceships and I think Aliens should be able to have those again and also have to find parts to fix their ships, and also... Sims 3 aliens could be friendly or could cause chaos, lol. But they could also have Aliens randomly come down and take samples/studies and I thought that was really interesting! :( It doesn't have to happen all the time, but could be random events when not playing Aliens... but also.. opt-in/out options SHOULD be available. :(
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    tweedle wrote: »
    @LiELF I love all your ideas, especially your mention of reworking mood buffs/emotion. Roburky has a mod that changes a lot of happy moodlets to fine moodlets and it has made my game experience more enjoyable. I really want the Sims Team to turn this into an official feature. I fully agree that happy moodlets shouldn't boost other positive moodlets; it should be a challenge to get your sims into superlative emotions.

I've used that mod before, it's great!

I used to play the game with several mods and lots of CC and found it so much more enjoyable. But I ended up switching to my vanilla game (which I used to keep aside for the purpose of testing out new packs to find any bugs so I could tell if they were true game bugs or mod/CC issues) because the frequent patches became too much to maintain. I also decided that I couldn't leave quite as accurate feedback if I was playing a heavily modded game and I'd rather push to get proper fixes and try to resolve the gameplay issues rather than struggle to play around them or break my save.

I do revisit my old game once in a while and update and save new mods because the modding community is brilliant.
    #Team Occult
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    *A Fear emotion and system for choosing fears, phobias and anxieties.

*A Flaws system that works similar to Rewards but earns reward points if you take them. They would include debuffs, faster need decays, personal quirks, etc for personalizing the imperfect Sim.

*Personal preferences to be selected in CAS, including likes, dislikes and partner preferences. (And further personality adjustments that were mentioned in the survey.)

*A good memory system, even if it's a simplified one that retains important moments in a Sim's life that they refer to in conversations and thoughts. Things like first kiss, first woohoo, aging to a teen and young adult (birthdays), getting a first pet, pet death, death of a loved one, being accepted to a Uni, getting a degree, etc. When I say simplified, I mean maybe the player can choose up to five major events in their Sim's life that can be remembered if there's a pop-up after the event happens. Even three major events. I'm bargaining here. Three is still better than nothing.

*A Trait overhaul to make the traits more powerful and meaningful. I feel that a gloomy Sim should remain gloomy and not suddenly get happy because of a "nicely decorated" room. I mean, come on! And speaking of...

*The Happy default changed to Fine, as well as the happy buffs for having full needs, eating a good meal (which should only affect Foodies and Gluttons, see Trait overhaul above,) and room decorations. All of these should give a Fine buff instead of Happy. I also think that Happy shouldn't buff other "positive" emotions like Inspired, Confident, etc. This is what makes Happy overkill.

* Animations, reactions and behaviors for Sims that don't get along. (Mentioned in the survey.) New idles that make sense for this.

*A ghost overhaul to give them better powers and create them in CAS. I'd also like more appearance options for them.

Yes to all of this.

Plus:
    Unique teenager aspirations
    More aspirations in general
    Cars?
    Baby overhaul.

Loving everybody's ideas in this thread!
  • MsDesignDivaMsDesignDiva Posts: 2 New Member
    I feel like something that's important for the next update, is CAS needs an update in the way of how it's organized, mainly I notice the disorganization within female young adult to elder clothing, though my sims are mostly young adults so that's the main area I notice it. That said, within tops there is a subsection for sweaters, but also for hoodies (which lets be real, most hoodies are sweaters, they're basically interchangeable) same with the bra subcategory and the Bikini tops subcategory, often times they're basically interchangeable, that said within the tops I think there really needs to be a subcategory for Bodysuits (since we have a few but they're almost impossible to find, they always look like they're just a regular top within the thumbnails so a subcategory within tops that they're all sorted into would be amazing) also a subcategory in tops for crop tops (because once again, they tend to be a challenge to find). Moving onto the bottoms category overall, that section is a bit of a mess, theres 2 sub categories for underwear, and 2 sub categories for bikini bottoms which makes no sense, what would make sense is to take the 2 underwear sub categories and merge them together, and same for bikini bottoms, heck the bikini bottoms could be merged with the underwear, because goodness knows they're basically interchangeable too. A sub category to add to the bottoms section would be, to split the skirts sub category into 2 groups, short skirts and long skirts (same as it is for dresses, long and short) because organization is nice and having things sorted by length is awesome.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Freed babies with a changing table that is cute like the Sims Mobile one:
    img_1385.png

Daycare career with some cute items like the Sims Freeplay got:
    TSFP_U42_KeyArt_4320x1080.jpg
    the-sims-3.jpg

Swimable ponds with pond creatures and pond tool:
    MTS_mickyss-84094-Ducks.jpg

Multifunctional bunk beds:
    gradnatbunk.jpg

Basic cars with a game pack to pimp our rides with special features and upgrades and build cars from scratch:
    The-Fast-and-The-Furious-Want-14-860x484.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BatterfangBatterfang Posts: 3 New Member
    I just want to be able to place more of the decor items on shelves. Why does a tissue box slot on the shelf but not the nail polishes or perfumes?
  • Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    Things that would improve gameplay for ANY style of player in ANY world:

More Traits
    More Aspirations
    More Consequences for achieving/not achieving aspiration milestones
    Memory
    Chemistry
    Relationships that matter
    Basically all things that would make Sims more lifelike and engrossing to play

One thing for the family players out there;
    More interesting interactions between children and teens