Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Argh. I really, really want to do this, but I'm just stressing way too much over it. Sigh. Maybe in March I'll actually submit something for once write something.

I know it is difficult to put one's self out there but TBH this is a very kind and sweet group of scribblers .. there would be NO judgment from any of us <3 AND I would be willing to bet you would be your own worst critic!

Thanks, but the problem isn't that I'm worried about judgement. I've never had a problem sharing my writing with others. I've been stressing over the fact that I just haven't been wanting to play the household to get screenshots, and I haven't been wanting to write for it, either.

You are very lucky you do not have that issue. I often feel uneasy putting myself out there .. writing for me is like opening a part of myself and laying it on the table to be picked apart. A horrid feeling that causes me to look at my work with a hypercritical eye. Every push of publish has a tiny fear of rejection behind it.

I can relate to yours too .. sometimes I am so uninspired. It is then that I ask myself is this really where I want to go and with the protagonist, I want to go with. LOL I have a few stories just hanging there waiting on my return.

I was feeling too predictable and that is why this challenge this last month. I thought maybe there are a few of us feeling that way .. throwing a character in that is NOT of our own making will be tough (I have been worried LOL) but the good thing is that we only have a 3-month commitment to this protagonist and their story. If we like it then woowoowoo but if not then "bye Felica" .. we can walk away. In the meantime a little stretching is good.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Argh. I really, really want to do this, but I'm just stressing way too much over it. Sigh. Maybe in March I'll actually submit something for once write something.

I know it is difficult to put one's self out there but TBH this is a very kind and sweet group of scribblers .. there would be NO judgment from any of us <3 AND I would be willing to bet you would be your own worst critic!

Seconding this! I feel much more comfortable submitting my writing here than I do elsewhere. Everyone is super-nice, and I've gotten the chance to experiment with writing in ways I might not have otherwise. :)

This makes me so happy! I am glad and yes this is a fab bunch.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member
    Excellent, good luck everyone.

In case any are interested, I also whipped up a full character profile for my character Jayne here.
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Voted! All were great and can't wait to see what everyone does with these characters in the next episodes.
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    Vote and I have decided who will be the next character in my Castaway Todd storyline too! I can't wait to see where this goes for everyone else.
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    shera20 wrote: »
    hi, its mebella sims im new lol

@shera20 A belated welcome! I just finished reading about Matilda. She's got quite the eventful backstory! Curious to see what happens next.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    I have a few options still on my list for the next story .. thinking out he various directions it could go. So do we want to leave it a surprise til the story comes out or share with each other in here ???
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I linked Lucian's Reedsy profile worksheet in the blog but here it is too (this was so much fun to do) Lucian
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I have a few options still on my list for the next story .. thinking out he various directions it could go. So do we want to leave it a surprise til the story comes out or share with each other in here ???

Curiosity is driving me nuts, so I'm voting for sharing here. (With the understanding, of course, that authors can make last-second changes.) I got super-inspired, and my story is half written already. I expect I'll have it up by mid-week, so it's not like the antagonist I chose will remain a secret for long. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited February 2020
    @lisabee2 This is my entry for February's MSSSC. I hope I understood the instructions. (I'm easily confused by them. :# )
    c6SXh1Z.png
    https://rendorasims.wordpress.com/2020/02/02/uris-tale/
    I used @katrinasforest 's Dawn Roseworth as an antagonist.
    Again, apologies if I misunderstood something.
    EDIT: I just uploaded Uri's family to the gallery. My origin ID is 15aewar. Search for "Uri's Tale".
    Post edited by 15aewar on
  • breckenridgebreckenridge Posts: 44 Member
    Question, and please do not change the rules on my account, but can we include more than one writer-created sim in the first part of our story? This is kind of hypothetical. One of the sims I want isn't on the gallery yet.
    My newest chapter-based simlit: Cutback.”
    Question, and please do not change the rules on my account, but can we include more than one writer-created sim in the first part of our story? This is kind of hypothetical. One of the sims I want isn't on the gallery yet.

OH sure you can .. more the merrier. I am certain no one will object .. now remember to reserve one for helpmate next month .. one who will act in some way to help resolve the conflict/tension between your protagonist and your chosen antagonist

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited February 2020
    15aewar wrote: »
    @lisabee2 This is my entry for February's MSSSC. I hope I understood the instructions. (I'm easily confused by them. :# )
    c6SXh1Z.png
    https://rendorasims.wordpress.com/2020/02/02/uris-tale/
    I used @katrinasforest 's Dawn Roseworth as an antagonist.
    Again, apologies if I misunderstood something.

OH MY, what a FUN read that was. Had me chuckling all the way thru .. lovely entry. I am certain the pink hoodie lady's creator will be tickled!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited February 2020
    @15aewar That was awesome! Especially with Dawn randomly growling at the students. (Seriously, how do human Sims never notice vampires doing that in the game?) It's going to be so neat seeing how all these characters act in each other's stories. And Uri is just a hilarious kid--I love his passionate speeches!

I'm using @Qnshr5's character Wendy as the antagonist in my story. I hope I do her justice. (It was between her and @AnnoyingTiger's CJ Bonnaview, but I think I see a better way to work CJ in later on. I'm glad we aren't limited to adding just one character per month!) The story is now completed; I've just gotta get those screenshots in.

@Qnshr5, do you happen to have Wendy's aunt in the gallery? I don't necessarily need her for this chapter, but I might for the next one. I don't want to go into the mystery behind her attack too much, since that's your story, but since she's Wendy's biggest motivation, I don't want to ignore her, either.
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Just finished writing up my story.. well on my phone anyway just need to write it up on the blog and get some pics done. (Hope to get some free time and computer access later this week)
    It was just as challenging as i expected it to be but also a lot of fun trying to work out which of the fantastic characters would work in a story alongside Moon Beam and then actually come up with a plot that made some sense. I settled on the obvious and have already chosen my character to add in next month. Have a basic plot in mind but nothing set in stone yet.

I'm really excited to read everyones stories and see all the different ways each character enriches/ challenges the lives of our sims
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

I finally settled on who will become my antagonist ... There were so many directions to go but I finally picked CJ and getting started <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Charliimai wrote: »
    Just finished writing up my story.. well on my phone anyway just need to write it up on the blog and get some pics done. (Hope to get some free time and computer access later this week)
    It was just as challenging as I expected it to be but also a lot of fun trying to work out which of the fantastic characters would work in a story alongside Moon Beam and then actually come up with a plot that made some sense. I settled on the obvious and have already chosen my character to add in next month. Have a basic plot in mind but nothing set in stone yet.

I'm really excited to read everyone's stories and see all the different ways each character enriches/ challenges the lives of our sims

I can't wait either .. so much fun to see the collab gel and yes it is quite challenging .. I was very glad to have CJ's Reedsy profile to pick thru .. it gave me some good food for thought.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    @lisabee2 I am really enjoying the set up for this challenge as it has pushed me way out of my comfort zone having to write a story based on already established characters and staying true to their character is hard considering i usually write the story and create a character that just slots into that role. I hope i don't disappoint the creators or have their sim doing anything that goes against the personality they created for them.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Hey, everyone! Here's my entry for February, featuring @breckenridge's Jayne Ayer:
    https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/2020/02/04/the-life-of-veronica-grey-part-2/

I nearly reached the word limit and this is what I did on my day off from work, lol!
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • CameronLineageCameronLineage Posts: 355 Member
    My first submission to the Monthly Simlit Story Challenge, hopefully I got the rules right. 998 words (that was close for me, my stories usually tend to be a lot longer :) )

All info on the antagonist I chose I added to the end of the story in the Editor's Notes.

http://thelegacystory.net/2020/02/03/light-and-darkness/
    My first submission to the Monthly Simlit Story Challenge, hopefully I got the rules right. 998 words (that was close for me, my stories usually tend to be a lot longer :) )

All info on the antagonist I chose I added to the end of the story in the Editor's Notes.

http://thelegacystory.net/2020/02/03/light-and-darkness/

OHHH what an excellent pairing .. I can feel the grit between them .. very nice .. very nice
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Charliimai wrote: »
    @lisabee2 I am really enjoying the set up for this challenge as it has pushed me way out of my comfort zone having to write a story based on already established characters and staying true to their character is hard considering i usually write the story and create a character that just slots into that role. I hope i don't disappoint the creators or have their sim doing anything that goes against the personality they created for them.

I think it will wonderful reading the stories .. so far each one has been FAB .. and we all have to realize and be comfortable with the fact that our beloved protagonist can have a dark side LOL
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Hey, everyone! Here's my entry for February, featuring @breckenridge's Jayne Ayer:
    https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/2020/02/04/the-life-of-veronica-grey-part-2/

I nearly reached the word limit and this is what I did on my day off from work, lol!

Wonderful .. what a great twist. I did not see that coming from your protagonist ... Bad company corrupts good character with a little seasoning of betrayal!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm horribly late since I last participated in April... Geez that was awhile ago. But I like this new twist developing story together idea. I love when characters cross over!! It's so much fun