Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To Fence or Not to Fence

Β«1
Do you place fences on your lots? Front, back, full lot... tell me once you vote.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

To Fence or Not to Fence 95 votes

Fence
27%
LeGardePourpreMylitaSageRainWillowChika6t9RadioAChickenWyrrenluthienrisingAquariusMomGirklMoonfoxNightcryDoloresGreytexxx78Bearpal64So_MoneyxMarianxDestin2016calipossOEII1001KoteykaTodiloo 26 votes
No Fence
14%
AprilDawnsimgirl1010thecatsredpapertongueSelinaKylesFurSimsOfficialLinzzjoRN1414Atreya33Evie0602popstarsleydearie_blossomCaprianaBDannakyri1 14 votes
Both
57%
auroraael14jeepjeepcatscudbums92BloosmooasimbsimStrangerthanelanorbretonhaneulPaigeisin5IObelleNRoweSxcDannii202HestiataydevThangwenfullspiralFelicity1169DevilNDisguiseAnnLee87annaliese39 55 votes

Comments

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    No Fence
    I either forget to place one or I put a tree or something super close to the edge so I can't add a fence at the end.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    edited February 2020
    Both
    Depends on the lot and circumstances. Is it pre-exisiting or one of my builds? Do the Sims have enough money for fencing? A full property fence would be very rare for me, but I will put partial (mostly back) ones in sometimes,
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    No Fence
    Oops, I meant to check fence. I absolutely love the white picket fences. They're the only type of fencing I've used in all versions.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    No Fence
    Fences are banned from the lot edges in sims 4 so I never bother to fence anything in anymore. Except maybe a small garden, but the overall lot is freely open.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Fence
    Fence. All the fence. All the time. Been that way since The Sims 2 Pets, where legions of stray dogs would wreak havoc on non-fenced lawns.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Both
    I like fences and use them as often, but not always. And my starter sims cannot usually afford fencing.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Not sure what to answer. Fence would be something I add at a very late point if even then. Normally my builds don't have fence, but then when I think back there are some that do.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Fence
    Always.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Both
    Some get fences.

Some don’t get fences.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Fence
    Whenever I play in a house, I always have a fence, and it's always the same white picket fence from Backyard Stuff since its my favorite. I always have a fenced backyard because I want the kids to have a backyard playground, but front yards are less common for me. I can't build so most of my houses come from the gallery, so it really just depends if they've made space for a front yard or not.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Fence
    I fence my lots 95% of the time to keep the neighbors out... I also routinely lock my doors. IRL I am an introvert and obsessive/compulsive... My sims are too.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited February 2020
    Both
    usually no fence because It often just looks too weird but some neighbourhoods that look like fences make sense I add them

it also annoys me not being able to actually place them on lot border which would make whole lot more sense
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2020
    Fence
    As soon as they can financially i always place fences. At first on a small space, creating a small private outdoor area, then i make it bigger and bigger untill all lot is fenced.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Fence
    I always fence in the back yard.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Both
    It depends on the world for me, worlds like Newport and Willow Creek get nice backyard fences while Glimmerbrooke and Windenburg don't. Other neighborhoods it depends on the size and style of the house
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    Fence
    Most of the time I add a fence at the back because that's what I'm used to in real life and the property looks too open without it. They normally have to wait for it because they can't afford a fence at the beginning. The front it depends on the location and the building itself but I do like using a low fence or scrubbery at least partway across the front.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    No Fence
    I only put fences around my graveyards
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2020
    Both
    Very, very rarely will I totally fence in any of my Sims properties. However, if my Sims house has a porch, always have fencing on it. I particularly love wrap-around porches with fencing and columns. I will sometimes put a fence around a pool, balconies and as a corner accent piece with trees, bushes, flowers, rocks at the two front corners of a property. Sometimes I'll use fencing on a roof-top area, but usually use half-walls instead. I'll occasionally use fencing to create a lattice roofed pergola over a patio area as well.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    No Fence
    I just don't think about them. Unless I'm making something I want fenced in. Like a garden or a graveyard in the back or a porch/deck of some sort. I don't think I ever put a fence around my sims houses, now that I think about it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Both
    Depending on what kind of unique home I make.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Fence
    I place tall fences for my backyards. Mainly because it looks nice, and so that other sims won't wander into my backyard. Plus, I want to give my sims privacy!
    Proud simmer
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Both
    Depends on the house, and the landscaping of the yards. Sometimes I only fence the back because I don’t want to hide the landscaping out front. Sometimes I do the entire yard to convey a sense of privacy, it really depends too on the personality of my family at the time. Are they very open and welcoming or do they enforce their boundaries?
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Fence
    Fenced. i have certain mods and i'd like to keep specific sims away from the house. these can be mitigated by placing certain planters outside a window in certain locations, but i'd like the area walled off anyway.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Both
    It depends on the lot and the location, but mainly it depends on my sims finances. I like to have a fence on my suburban homes, but they are usually the last thing they buy after all of their furniture etc once they've earned enough money. I used to fence off the front and back garden etc, but I've started to just put a fence around the back garden and then leave the front open.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Both
    Depends on the building itself and if it would detract or add to the aesthetics of it. I do sometimes use fences as a utility like to fence off a vegetable/fruit/flower garden or the play area for the childrens' safety but I rarely have a full wrapparound fence around the building itself. I mostly use flowershrubs, rocks and other landscaping effects. But as I download my buildings and/or use Maxis made I rarely make adjustments to pre-existing fencing except in otherwise mentioned. There is one building that I added a full wrapparound fence but it is an apartment building and it made sense to have that kind of fencing on that lot but the outcome is also great and the fence looks good with the building and the garden.