Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2020 (Now Out)

Comments

• SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Bring back at least three memorable features of past three Sims games, like they apparently did with the other anniversary update a few years ago by adding the grilled cheese aspiration, kleptomaniac trait, and NPC gardeners.

But this time those features could be bigger. (Obviously not open world or anything)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    My Origin client just updated. There's a strong correlation between Origin updates and Sims 4 patches a few days after, right?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    My Origin client just updated. There's a strong correlation between Origin updates and Sims 4 patches a few days after, right?

No. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited February 2020
    no maxis monthly? on their 20th anniversary?

wow.

looks like we're just getting a generic sale for the 20th anniversary, and they couldn't even be bothered to make a new render for it (they're just reusing the 15th)

even a shirt in cas would've been something. man....my expectations were beyond low but hooo wow
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    They've already been phasing out the MM streams anyway and Frost mentioned there will be something else. But a MM comes with specific expectations - new items especially - so if they're doing something else to celebrate, then no MM makes sense. Since it's an anniversary of the whole franchise & not just TS4, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't anything particularly for this game though, like there was for the TS4 5th anniversary.

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    I think we can still get a good patch, even if we don't get a Maxis Monthly. Like, maybe they're going to release a YouTube trailer for the content, like they did with toddlers and that gender update. (I don't know if those also had Maxis Monthlys attached to them, but you get what I'm going for.)

Watch, the 4th will unveil a trailer for the newest content that will be patched in later. Like, say, dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I think we can still get a good patch, even if we don't get a Maxis Monthly. Like, maybe they're going to release a YouTube trailer for the content, like they did with toddlers and that gender update. (I don't know if those also had Maxis Monthlys attached to them, but you get what I'm going for.)

Watch, the 4th will unveil a trailer for the newest content that will be patched in later. Like, say, dragons.

I can see that happening. I'm hoping for a Gamepack Announcement as well this month.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Op would be the dream 🤩

But it seems a bit optimistic unfortunately lol
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I don't think no Maxis Monthly means no patch when we got toddlers it was a complete surprise to everyone.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I don't think no Maxis Monthly means no patch when we got toddlers it was a complete surprise to everyone.
    I want another toddler moment. Best update ever.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    This is some kind of joke? WTH!!
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

i think sim guru frost telling everyone to keep their expectations in check so i doubt we're gonna get anything big like that

i mean, i'd love to be proved wrong but i'm gonna keep my expectations low af
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    My expectations are reeallll low too. I do hope to be pleasantly surprised by anything gameplay related...sometimes they’ve got some tricks up their sleeve! Updated personalities, better chemistry system. Anything that’ll hold my attention and make the game more immersive!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    My expectations are reeallll low too. I do hope to be pleasantly surprised by anything gameplay related...sometimes they’ve got some tricks up their sleeve! Updated personalities, better chemistry system. Anything that’ll hold my attention and make the game more immersive!

Since we just had the survey on interpersonal improvements, I wouldn't expect those for this month... or any time soon. Six months, minimum, a year is more likely.
    I want another toddler moment. Best update ever.

Yep except that it's cars. I do as well.

I'll be happy if we just get the vibrating heart shaped bed or the heart hottub from The Sims 1.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Come to think of it, the toddler update came completely out of left field. There was no special occasion. They simply finished developing them and just released them into the wild.

The gender update was the same.

The terrain tools were also the same, except we had advanced notice.

I feel like we shouldn't expect anything groundbreaking during special occasions, because they tend to release big features whenever they're ready, not when they would coincide with a big milestone.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

I'll be happy if we just get the vibrating heart shaped bed or the heart hottub from The Sims 1.

I’d love that too! But I’d be happy for about 4 seconds and it wouldn’t hold my gameplay attention very long 🙃
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    There ought to be something given to players in a patch for the 20 year anniversary of the Sims or it won't feel like a celebration. I agree that it would be nice if they would rerelease Sims 2 the Ultimate Collection for anyone who wants it, and also maybe create a version of Sims 1 The Complete Collection that would be downloadable and playable with Windows 10.

Within the game, let's have something from the original game that is currently missing, like Burglars and burglar alarms, the firefighter (perhaps with playable careers), or the Matchmaker, or Agnes Crumplebottom (with some new gameplay attached). Or we could have some of the traditional objects back that used to be in every other version of the Sims: the upright piano, the electric guitar, the drum set, the two person hot tub from Sims 1, the bear rug, the food processor (I really want that back, with the ability to save time while cooking!), or the love bed. Some new socials, perhaps inspired by earlier games, would be nice too -- I still miss the dance on feet for parents and kids, sing or teach nursery rhyme and, in the romantic area, goose, smooch, kiss up arm, tender kiss etc. Proper two person dancing would also be a nice anniversary gift.

It would be great if they modified the sims themselves in light of the recent survey (as others have said), or else in some new way -- say by adding an extra trait slot, or introducing some new traits and aspirations that hark back to the earlier games. Or if they don't want to do something that big, it would be nice to have more of the music, from all three games (TS1, TS2, and TS3) added to the game. (To this day, hearing old Sims music, whether in a commercial or wherever, makes me so nostalgic). Having any or all of the old TV shows from TS2 and TS3 would also be neat. I would also like to have some some of the best wall coverings and floorings from all 3 games added to TS4. Even having some of the old plants, paintings, other decor items back from previous games would be a really nice gift.

To be honest, if they give us anything at all, I expect it will only be a few catalogue items (like the Old Town Starter Kit from the TS3 Store, which was frankly pathetic), like maybe a painting or two, or a couple of statues and decor items, or a few pieces of recognizable furniture. But it sure would be nice to have something that would really feed our nostalgia and celebrate our love for those earlier games.
  • SpiddermouseSpiddermouse Posts: 23 Member
    It does feel like a t-shirt type patch: keep your expectations in check but we do have things planned. To me that doesn't sound like a patch like toddlers. It could be a bit more than just a t-shirt like a few objects or sims but no cars, ladders, bunk beds or emotions/relationship adjustment. I don't expect another pack announcement until March because it would be too soon after tiny living.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Having sim's 1 and 2 complete collection on sale on origin and able to be played in windows 10 would be awesome! But i know it's too much :lol:
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    It doesn't take much effort to tell us what to expect but they'd rather keep their little secrets when they know we're waiting for fixes that probably won't be handed out until next month. How long have we been waiting for a fix for the whims? I had hoped to see that one in the pre-Tiny Living update. Since the MM stream for this month has been mothballed, I doubt we will see much of anything happening for this big anniversary of the series. There's been a nice sale going on for the packs, and I did take advantage of picking up a couple at a nice discount. But I think that's about it as far as a celebratory event goes. Oh, they were kind enough to open a discussion so we can share memories about what the series has meant to us over the years, the gurus have been telling us to keep our expectations low and now they're going to change the Maxis Monthly into something new. All they need to tell us is they have nothing noteworthy to bring to the table, and we can get back to waiting for a new pack. Frankly, I'd rather wait until a new pack comes along before updating the game anyway. The gurus' underwhelming tweets aren't that difficult to decipher when it's quite clear they are not excited about 20 years of The Sims. They have been downplaying this event since we started discussions about it two months ago. And I don't want another T-shirt I will never use. How many of those does anyone really want?

I expect to see tweets from the gurus about an anniversary party held at the studio, but I'm not expecting anything from them that enhances the game or makes us feel we matter beyond adding to EA's bottom line. And someone almost always drops little hints or teasers if something new and exciting is about to drop. Nothing has been hinted at so far, so I don't expect to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow.

It does feel like a t-shirt type patch: keep your expectations in check but we do have things planned. To me that doesn't sound like a patch like toddlers. It could be a bit more than just a t-shirt like a few objects or sims but no cars, ladders, bunk beds or emotions/relationship adjustment. I don't expect another pack announcement until March because it would be too soon after tiny living.

They've had 2 packs in the same month before.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    It doesn't take much effort to tell us what to expect but they'd rather keep their little secrets when they know we're waiting for fixes that probably won't be handed out until next month. How long have we been waiting for a fix for the whims? I had hoped to see that one in the pre-Tiny Living update. Since the MM stream for this month has been mothballed, I doubt we will see much of anything happening for this big anniversary of the series. There's been a nice sale going on for the packs, and I did take advantage of picking up a couple at a nice discount. But I think that's about it as far as a celebratory event goes. Oh, they were kind enough to open a discussion so we can share memories about what the series has meant to us over the years, the gurus have been telling us to keep our expectations low and now they're going to change the Maxis Monthly into something new. All they need to tell us is they have nothing noteworthy to bring to the table, and we can get back to waiting for a new pack. Frankly, I'd rather wait until a new pack comes along before updating the game anyway. The gurus' underwhelming tweets aren't that difficult to decipher when it's quite clear they are not excited about 20 years of The Sims. They have been downplaying this event since we started discussions about it two months ago. And I don't want another T-shirt I will never use. How many of those does anyone really want?

I expect to see tweets from the gurus about an anniversary party held at the studio, but I'm not expecting anything from them that enhances the game or makes us feel we matter beyond adding to EA's bottom line. And someone almost always drops little hints or teasers if something new and exciting is about to drop. Nothing has been hinted at so far, so I don't expect to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow.

I believe we'll get a few fixes tomorrow. I'm expecting the tvs to be fixed that came with Tiny Living so sims can use the console on them and the special seasons channels returns.