Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Gahh...

Why oh why do we have to have these horrible situational outfits in the game.

I have tried to mod away some of the nights in the bars. The wacky stuff for vampires. The horrible festival outfits and now it is the mage’s HQ that takes my carefully made sims and just dumps them into Lama knows what.

This is tiring. It is just draining to keep on fighting this thing. At this point I have done this several years like every one else here.

Please make it stop, it would make me so happy, less stressed.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    They should just disable this feature entirely or at least let us have a toggle to disable it. I hate this feature.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I just hate that these outfit categories are completely hidden, like come on!!! The tagline is "you rule" for plumsake, let us edit the situation outfits dagnabbit! Keeping these things out of player control is just plain F R U S T R A T I N G
  • Tatty812Tatty812 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm getting so annoyed at this... I don't even mind it that much when it's random generated townies dressing for festivals, but my own created sims keep wearing different outfits than the ones I assigned in CAS all the time when I play with other households... It's quite annoying because I create each household with a specific aesthetic in mind, and this just ruins everything... I feel like this is something that should be fixed by ea, without the need for us to mod our games to hell and back :(
  • heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    I just find this so weirdly unnecessary lmao. Like, all of my played sims have full party/other outfit slots! I'd like to actually see them when I'm out and about away from a household!
  • NaemiNaemi Posts: 21 Member
    Agreed.
    I don't like my cool vampire sim showing up randomly dressed like friggin' Elton John.
    Fix it !
  • JaeeMarie92JaeeMarie92 Posts: 4 New Member
    Years later and this is still an issue for me.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    If wishes were horses then pigs would fly.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited December 2019
    I don't see the point of the party outfit if we can't use that for the situational also and why isn't it used for that? My sims rarely throw parties or get invited to parties to wear that outfit I've selected anyways so this could be a great chance to show that off.

This issue drives me bananas and sims never change out of the situational once they are in them either! They should just get rid of them entirely. They don't even make sense for the situation most times because all it does is throw on a random hat, sunglasses, and every piece of jewelry possible with a completely mismatched top and bottoms. They look beyond ridiculous. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I still don't understand it. I dressed my kid sim how I wanted yesterday and filled all the slots. When I went to play later on I still can't figure out why she was wearing a pair or jeans with a tutu on top and a pair of glasses 🤔
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I don't mean to be a Debbie downer I just don't see this feature being 100% fixed in the future and tbh I don't think they know how to fix it. Sooner or later its just going to be summed up as a "feature" like some of the old bugs still in the game 🤷
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    It's not only the situations. The outfits the game comes up with in CAS when making a new sim are just as nauseating. Something fundamental has been broken for half a decade. Time for EA to stop making promises like politicians in election season and actually get down to work.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    I have been fighting this forever in my game; the only upside is it taught me to mod. You have to remain ever vigilant. There are (and I'm not exaggerating; I'm low balling it, actually) over fifty different reasons for a sim to change into a non-sanctioned outfit programmed into the game. And that's not counting all the extra accessories they add when you change into something like a work outfit or debate uniform, etc. This in a game that they tagged "You Rule". Hardly.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I have the impression more situational outfits keep getting added with every new pack. The situation is getting worse instead of better. I wish we could just switch them off in the options.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I don't think this will ever be fixed/removed since the Devs seem to like it for some reason.

I wish they'd listen to their players.

Their PAYING players. :/
    It's not only the situations. The outfits the game comes up with in CAS when making a new sim are just as nauseating. Something fundamental has been broken for half a decade. Time for EA to stop making promises like politicians in election season and actually get down to work.

Oh my gosh if I had a dollar for every totally crazy thrown together random cas outfit my poor eyes had to endure...🤣🤣🤣 once you throw cc into the mix it's over.
  • ZeniasimZeniasim Posts: 1 New Member
    Now in 2020, EA still haven't fixer it!
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 252 Member
    @thecatsred I have been trying to explain this simple fact to EA for some time now.

WE PAY and Thank You for a wonderful Xmas holiday season and GIFT EA.

Now if you cant fix this mess, maybe you should outsource it?
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Hard to believe this issue ever existed imo. I mean, we have different categories of clothing, each with 5 slots. And STILL my sims are changing into outfits for dates, festivals, career, etc. that I haven't assigned...why exactly is this again? Has anyone ever provided a sound rationale to this area of game "design?" Because not once has any situational outfit popped up that had me thinking, "what an awesome style choice!"

Indeed. It's quite frustrating.

What good does it do to have different clothing categories and multiple style choices within each category if my sim will simply switch to some random outfit? Whoever "designed" this? They can't actually play their own game, right? Nobody has that much free time that they can sit through assigning multiple outfits only to have any of them thrown over for some rando style choice that is plum awful, right?
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 252 Member
    Found another real gem today. Ageing up from Child to Teen leaves teens as faceless gumbahs.

Can't add game snapshot yet, seems EA cant upload a simple image via BB code unless we use some cloud image rubbish.

Anyone else seeing this since the last so called update?
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    I hate when sims I make end up in entirely inappropriate outfits when I'm not playing them.

I wish they'd disable this 'feature', or at least give us a toggle in the options.

Regardless if the devs find it 'funny' or whatever - the players HATE THIS FEATURE. Do away with it PLEASE
    So far I have disabled all situational outfits with mccomand. Plus I replaced little by little every single household in all worlds with my own sims or either decent looking gallery families I mass downloaded. It has helped tremendously. I went out for the first time and saw decent looking sims, decently dressed. Not wearing wrestling masks, high heels, bat wings, bracelets and a cc fishing rods.

I need more time to test it but so far I haven't seen my own sims show up in those weird combinations that was driving me nuts either.
  • NaemiNaemi Posts: 21 Member
    > @Babykittyjade said:
    > So far I have disabled all situational outfits with mccomand. Plus I replaced little by little every single household in all worlds with my own sims or either decent looking gallery families I mass downloaded. It has helped tremendously. I went out for the first time and saw decent looking sims, decently dressed. Not wearing wrestling masks, high heels, bat wings, bracelets and a cc fishing rods.
    >
    > I need more time to test it but so far I haven't seen my own sims show up in those weird combinations that was driving me nuts either.

Same here. The only time this still happens is when a sims gets out of bed (after woohoo) when it's not their house. It's like they're creating a sleepwear outfit for when they're at someone else's place. I just change them back with MCC.
  • LochlandiaLochlandia Posts: 2 New Member
    I hate this!!! I'll be playing one of my people in the Realm of Magic at Headquarters and in walks another of my people (who happens to be Hermione Granger) and she looks like a frickin' stripper! It's no outfit I ever selected for her. And even when playing my Weasley family, the twins have glasses on that I did not assign them. When I go in to edit them, the glasses aren't there. This is beyond FRUSTRATING. I hadn't played in years but with the pandemic and my daughter being a big player, I decided to pick it up again. It's so frustrating.